Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, StanSP said:

Quite clear isn't it? 

Once we have a full squad ie 2 very important players, we can be in a better position. 

Not to deny we shouldn't already be, but he clearly sees that Fofana is a pivotal player and we can be better with him (& Justin) back in the side. 

Don't think it's that confusing? 

I think its very confusing and worrying that he can't see how poor the performances are. Even more worrying if he thinks these 2 players can transform us that dramatically. 

Also a big assumption to think that when these players are back that other players will not be injured instead. There's always going to be injuries 

Sounds like a bit of an excuse to be honest. 

Edited by Stevosevic
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, kiwiturk said:

It looks like done deal behind the doors.

BR departing for Man U soon.

If we'll able to bring a champion football manager, we have the players roster to achieve great things.

I'm all up for a fresh start.

I'm all up for raising the bar.

What you on about? Where's all this coming from?

1 minute ago, Stevosevic said:

I think its very confusing and worrying that he can't see how poor the performances are. Even more worrying if he thinks these 2 players can transform us that dramatically. 

Also a big assumption to think that when these players are back that other players will not be injured instead. There's always going to be injuries 

Sounds like a bit of an excuse to be honest. 

I think you're reading too much into it mate. 

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Quite clear isn't it? 

Once we have a full squad ie 2 very important players, we can be in a better position. 

Not to deny we shouldn't already be, but he clearly sees that Fofana is a pivotal player and we can be better with him (& Justin) back in the side. 

What he is saying is " this period of awful form and boring footy is nothing to do with me"

• Like 1

Guest Kopfkino
Just now, Ricey said:

Very dangerous and strange way of thinking. “Everything will be fine when we get two young players back from long term injuries.” I wouldn’t expect them to be back at their for at least 6 weeks after their return.

Seems odd to be pinning all our hopes on that. What happens if they break down again? Or another key player gets injured? Season over?

Its a complete nonsense isn’t it? We’ve spent almost 2 years waiting for players to come back from injury and to have our squad available and it hasn’t happened because injuries are part of the game.

Evans was supposed to be the great white hope coming back to sort it out. Now it’s somebody else and when they come back it will be whoever then gets injured.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
7 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

What's he on about? 

'Once we got (insert name) back we can really push on'

Heard it several times already this season and its made no difference. Its performances not personnel...

If it was the odd player then maybe but the reality is about 90% of out squad are 5/10 this season. That's not something having a player back after 9 months out is going to change.

Evans

Ndidi

Justin?

Fofana?

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Quite clear isn't it? 

Alas there is no guarantee that either player will be as good - nay great - as they were at the time they got injured. Look at Ricardo. Still a pale shadow of his vibrant former self 20 months on from his injury.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Oh I can

but he’ll be no better than their previous 

If he does, the people running them are more clueless than I gave them credit for. Hiring Rodgers would be showing complete and utter contempt for their fans, he’s still spoken about as a failed scouser by the majority of them. I couldn’t think of a better representation as to how far them bastards have fallen if it happens. 

Edited by Manini

4 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

'Once we got (insert name) back we can really push on'

Heard it several times already this season and its made no difference. Its performances not personnel...

If it was the odd player then maybe but the reality is about 90% of out squad are 5/10 this season. That's not something having a player back after 9 months out is going to change.

Evans

Ndidi

Justin?

Fofana?

It has we have took more point since their returns, not pretty but football is about results.

1 minute ago, Hammo said:

Alas there is no guarantee that either player will be as good - nay great - as they were at the time they got injured. Look at Ricardo. Still a pale shadow of his vibrant former self 20 months on from his injury.

I totally agree. Might take them some time. But I can see what he's saying without trying to insinuate too much into it. 

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Bloody hell Rodgers can't catch a break lol

Might as well not say anything in the press. The other thing is I'm guessing he's been specifically asked about Fofana and Justin...? 

He can’t catch a break because he says daft things. 

People are happy to lap up his self-defensive/promotional sound bites when we’re playing well but now performances aren’t good  people are less forgiving. He’s toned down the outright laughable stuff he came out with at Liverpool and Swansea but he’s been promising jam tomorrow as long as he’s been here - even going back to 19/20 he was saying how much better his sides were in the second half of the season and we all know what happened then. All good in a winning environment but now people want to hear that he understands the problems the team is facing. Time and again his words in public and the team’s actions on the pitch - especially in easily coachable situations like set pieces - suggest that isn’t the case.

50 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Where next for us? I just don’t know who we’d bring in. 

I think we’d end up with someone very underwhelming 

This is the only argument in his favour as far as i'm concerned.

As I said the other day whoever we were to get in next would play this insipid, dreary, negative shite so what's the point?

I just want to see refreshing, positive, attacking football, something we can get behind.

All teams have bloody injuries, is he going to say this every time one of our main 18 get injured?

Without Fofana & Justin, we still have an international quality defence. 

It goes way beyond two players out with injury, the performances as a whole are incredibly flat, this is not just a defence problem.

Flat is the perfect word to describe us right now, you watch numerous other teams in the league, they play with high intensity and effort, we’ve seen that just once this season against Man Utd.

On 05/11/2021 at 00:01, foxile5 said:

Just a baffling line up, for me. 

We needed to win this one. Should've had a stronger line up and more aggressive tactics. Tiring to watch. 

And someone kept farting near me. If it was you see a doctor you ****ing animal. 

A7DDEE08-1E93-4DF6-AE0A-3F8F36079E85.png

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I totally agree. Might take them some time. But I can see what he's saying without trying to insinuate too much into it. 

Fair enough. But he needs to start taking responsibility for getting the best out of the players currently at his disposal. That is not happening at the moment.

• Like 2