Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

He's not getting the boot here this season unless we properly nose dive like we did under Ranieri. I do think Man Utd would consider him if their fans wouldn't go berserk because he's ex Liverpool.

I'm about at the point where I'm not that fussed. It will take an overhaul for us to be back fighting for top 4 and we have so many players entering their final 18 months on their contracts. I think it is the start of a big change and it won't necessarily be positive but what can we do? It's inevitable and got to stick to our principles and be thorough.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Very dangerous and strange way of thinking. “Everything will be fine when we get two young players back from long term injuries.” I wouldn’t expect them to be back at their for at least 6 weeks after their return.

Seems odd to be pinning all our hopes on that. What happens if they break down again? Or another key player gets injured? Season over?

Exactly. 

Seems a strange change of tact from Rodgers, didn't seem that long ago we had Fofana, Justin, Ricardo and Evans out and almost dismissed it saying " every team gets injuries we've just got to get on with it". 

Edited by woollett the bullet
Spellin

13 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Quite clear isn't it? 

Once we have a full squad ie 2 very important players, we can be in a better position. 

Not to deny we shouldn't already be, but he clearly sees that Fofana is a pivotal player and we can be better with him (& Justin) back in the side. 

Don't think it's that confusing? 

Exactly. 

We've had almost 2 years now of non stop, long term injuries to key players. And only now, he's felt the need to have a little gripe. Which, imo, has shown remarkable restraint to bite his lip for that long. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, woollett the bullet said:

Exactly. 

Seems a strange change of tact from Rodgers, didn't seem that long ago we had Fofana, Justin, Ricardo and Evans out and almost dismissed it saying " every team gets injuries we've just got to get on with it". 

*tack

It's tack, it's always been tack, not tact. You're welcome. 

• Like 1

Obviously I can see the allure of going to United but he’s on a hiding to nothing if he goes there. That club is a bit of a shambles atm. He probably fancies himself to be the guy that goes in and changes their fortunes though.

7 minutes ago, Harpenden Fox said:

So in the last set of 7 games (5 in the League and 2 in Europe) our record is:

P|7 W3 D3 L1. Includes two games against so called Big 6 teams. Whilst for the most part we have been way off our best, that's doesn't look too shabby. Just trying to provide a bit of perspective and all that me duck

What that shows is the quality we have available is greater than most teams we play so we're able to get away with playing poorly. 

Much like man u on paper look alright because their quality players bail out the poor performances

Firstly, I don't want him sacked. That would be crazy. He's been fantastic for us.

But... This season and the end of last have been horrific. 

This season he's insisted on playing a straight three in midfield all the time and we've been absolutely dog shit. So why doesn't he change it? The 433 today was horrible; skipped the three in midfield constantly. 

4231 is where he's had most success so why aren't we trying this again? Our other successful formations have been 5221 or 5212 (when Iheanacho just scored every game).

Now he's being stubborn and trying to make this three work to get Soumare in. United at home was the only game it's been successful. 

Leeds are a shit team this season and they totally outplayed us. We should be going there to win. We have a top 7 squad and expectations should be high.

Also the subs today. Bizarre. Why on earth did be leave Lookman on for any amount of time when we went to 5 at the back? He's not a CAM or striker and we had Maddison, Daka and Iheanacho on the bench. Unbelievably bizarre decision making.

Very frustrated watching this ponderous rubbish when we have a team that has so much potential. Watching West Ham is an absolute joy compared to us.

• Like 3

If its true Rodgers wants to go to United, why wait till end of the season? If United want him, then sack Ole and pay the compensation for him so we can move on and get a new manager settled in. If his heart is elsewhere there is zero point him being here. Is he really going to have the motivation to try and turn this stinking season around? 

This is all ifs buts and maybes of course as it could just be be media doing what they do. But I 100% think he will end up at United if they want him. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

What's he on about? 

I agree with him when he talks about wasted opportunities. We absolutely made a pigs ear of some probable clear chances if the simple pass was made. I don’t blame BR for that performance today, I’ve been calling out for Nacho in this system but other than that I think it’s our best team. What can you do when your main players (Tielemans and Vardy) play so badly.

Just now, jmono84 said:

I agree with him when he talks about wasted opportunities. We absolutely made a pigs ear of some probable clear chances if the simple pass was made. I don’t blame BR for that performance today, I’ve been calling out for Nacho in this system but other than that I think it’s our best team. What can you do when your main players (Tielemans and Vardy) play so badly.

I do blame him.  One goal was not enough.  We didnt create anything like enough goal chances.  Rodgers is deflecting... doesnt matter that we let a goal in.... the problem was that we didnt score 3.

3 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I always call Roger Davies "Leicester legend" when I see him at Derby! he takes it well, fair play to him.

Anyway, If someone had said in the summer we'd be two points off sixth after 11 games, in the L Cup quarters and still in with a chance of progressing in Europe, I think most of us would've been okay with that.

Now it appears to be the end of the world...

I know you want to find the positives.... but do any of us feel things are going well?  What is worse is the niggling idea that there is something amiss that we dont know about.

2 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

I do blame him.  One goal was not enough.  We didnt create anything like enough goal chances.  Rodgers is deflecting... doesnt matter that we let a goal in.... the problem was that we didnt score 3.

There were a few times when we was in the final third and completely mucked it up. BR can’t account for that.