Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

5 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

I know you want to find the positives.... but do any of us feel things are going well?  What is worse is the niggling idea that there is something amiss that we dont know about.

That's just speculation mixed with a bit of paranoia... 

He picked our strongest available attacking unit, the one that so many were screaming for and we were largely outplayed. This is not an ability problem ,its collective lack of will and  determination to  get the job done. The need for leadership on the field is a major issue.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I always call Roger Davies "Leicester legend" when I see him at Derby! he takes it well, fair play to him.

Anyway, If someone had said in the summer we'd be two points off sixth after 11 games, in the L Cup quarters and still in with a chance of progressing in Europe, I think most of us would've been okay with that.

Now it appears to be the end of the world...

C'mon man, this is the FT forum, post match. Lots of immature, kneejerk reactions are always to be expected. These posters seem to have forgotten the bleak years of the past under Brian Hamilton, Dave Bassett, Peter Taylor, Mickey (taker) Adams, Martin Allen, Ian Holloway, (who made a complete tit of himself on the FA cup coverage today),

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

It's going "average" rather than "good" or "bad" IMHO.

Easy to use "ifs" and "buts" ... but, if the penalty was overturned at Brighton and the second goal allowed (as the referees agreed should have happened in their post-weekend debrief) we'd be sixth and 4 points off fourth.

As for anything behind the scenes, there's nothing being whispered about in media circles.

The results are average. The performances are bad, and not improving. 

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
7 minutes ago, Silver surfer 1 said:

Brendan is a one trick pony , works for a couple of seasons , gets found out , flees before he is shoved .  Cycle repeat .  Charleton, he’s run his cycle , time to leave . Problem we have , who then ? Catch 22, we are locked in with this clown for now . 

Hes quite a good one trick pony if that's what he is....

5 minutes ago, Parafox said:

C'mon man, this is the FT forum, post match. Lots of immature, kneejerk reactions are always to be expected. These posters seem to have forgotten the bleak years of the past under Brian Hamilton, Dave Bassett, Peter Taylor, Mickey (taker) Adams, Martin Allen, Ian Holloway, (who made a complete tit of himself on the FA cup coverage today),

I wouldn't put Micky Adams in with that lot, he did a good job under the circumstances.

Edited by Vestan Pance
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, oxford fox said:

A7DDEE08-1E93-4DF6-AE0A-3F8F36079E85.png

Bookies react quickly on managerial markets to any shift in money. Always happens all the time. Look at the Preki debacle. It’s one of the few markets that bookmakers have no statistical data and/or inner knowledge to probably price. So they price really harshly to cover their arses 

2 hours ago, honeybradger said:

The thing is is that the results have actually been better than the performances this season by a margin and we're still midtable. It seems like for us to score it has to be a goal of the month canditate, and somehow we keep on turning them out like Barnes today. We're not going to continue scoring absolute stunner each week, our luck is going to run out.

Swings both non? Another very tight offside decision today. Alongside with some unfortunate decisions this season. Football can be cruel. 

10 minutes ago, Silver surfer 1 said:

Brendan is a one trick pony , works for a couple of seasons , gets found out , flees before he is shoved .  Cycle repeat .  Charleton, he’s run his cycle , time to leave . Problem we have , who then ? Catch 22, we are locked in with this clown for now . 

He's only done that really from Celtic to Leicester. He was sacked from Watford, and from Liverpool. 

12 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

It's going "average" rather than "good" or "bad" IMHO.

Easy to use "ifs" and "buts" ... but, if the penalty was overturned at Brighton and the second goal allowed (as the referees agreed should have happened in their post-weekend debrief) we'd be sixth and 4 points off fourth.

As for anything behind the scenes, there's nothing being whispered about in media circles.

That's very true, but even if all the if's and but's had gone in our favour, we'd be in a very false position for me because we really wouldn't deserve to be in 6th. We have been absolutely awful at times for a long time now and fortunately, we've managed to scrape some of the points because of some of players individual performances sometimes against the play of the game. For me personally, there's been a papering over the cracks for quite a while. Yes we can points to ifs and but as could our opposition but sooner or later, luck will run out and we'll be where we deserve to be which currently is about right and what we deserve. 

22 minutes ago, Silver surfer 1 said:

Seriously brucey, you won’t get the gig irrespective of what you post  ……

• Haha 3

So I just want to clear something up and am hoping the Foxestalk faithful can help me out here.

Can someone....anyone confirm whether or not the following statement has any potential truth in it:

Section of LCFC support have had enough of Rodgers and want him sacked yet rumours are going around that Rodgers is being lined up for the biggest job in England managing the biggest club in England.

9 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Two 5th places and an FA cup for the first time in our history a “clown”?

A chunk of our fanbase (hopefully small) is everything we hate about the self entitlement of the big six ….

can all of you who show BR such a lack of respect just fook off somewhere else?  And this  is nothing like the 2017 Claudio scenario.  It could develop further but at this stage it’s just not. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

So I just want to clear something up and am hoping the Foxestalk faithful can help me out here.

Can someone....anyone confirm whether or not the following statement has any potential truth in it:

Section of LCFC support have had enough of Rodgers and want him sacked yet rumours are going around that Rodgers is being lined up for the biggest job in England managing the biggest club in England.

Is the section just jim from Beaumont Leys and his three mates ? 

27 minutes ago, ousefox said:

The results are average. The performances are bad, and not improving. 

I think this is the issue. Ultimately, we are still in every cup competition and are 7 points behind top 4 which isn't dreadful. However the performances are worrying and I honestly don't go into any game at the moment thinking we will win. The performances seem to be getting worse and many of our games are dull and incredibly boring. 

• Like 1