Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

36 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I’m going to be critical of him, there is plenty to be critical of. But absolutely no way am I thinking about making a change. He’s a good manager who I think could be great one with perhaps a bit of self reflection and improvement.

I thought he was on his way there last season when he changed our style and as a bit more pragmatic because of our injuries. 

He did so because the players available couldn’t play the way he wanted. Clearly they can’t now either, at least anywhere close to consistently, so time for some more reflection and a change of tack.

Time for a freshening up of the squad in places, and get some desire back in the team. Perhaps too many thinking they’ve made, too many been here too long or eyeing moves away.

I think that’s spot on, though. We genuinely should be critical. Nobody is above criticism. Especially when performances are so uninspiring. But to be thinking of changing a manager every tome things get a bit tough is nonsense. Let’s see how he copes when the world isn’t blowing smoke to his backside. Ditto the squad he oversees. 

• Like 1

Just now, Foxxed said:

No one doubts Rodgers is a fantastic manager. No one thinks he hasn’t done magnificent things for the club. But a fair few are thinking his course here is run because of this season’s performances.

The players have suffered a big mental stress in missing 4th again. Last season they coped by using the disappointment as motivation to prove that they were good enough to be top 4. add the injury issues and the confidence is struggling big time.  Of course it’s up to the manager and his staff to deal with this and it’s up to the fanbase to give them the time and not make things worse. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, bovril said:

Putting aside some of the obvious mistakes Rodgers has made over the last 12 months, I feel some people had an opinion of him before he came here and that has influenced their reaction to recent results. 

A million percent. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Scotch said:

I just want to enjoy watching Leicester again. Leicester games aren't fun anymore. Absolute chore to watch, making it impossible to get excited for games now. I absolutely dread gameplay now. 

We've got to be back properly challenging for top 4 again then and/or have a proper blast at the Europa League. Anything else will see a good proportion of our fans disillusioned and hating it.

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

The lack of respect for what Rodgers has achieved with us is indicative of modern football fans and rather sad.

What does a LCFC manager need to do to get respect and for fans to think he's done a good job?

3 minutes ago, Scotch said:

I just want to enjoy watching Leicester again. Leicester games aren't fun anymore. Absolute chore to watch, making it impossible to get excited for games now. I absolutely dread gamedays now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Two 5th places and an FA cup for the first time in our history a “clown”?

There is only one clown, alas you can’t see him for the big red nose you are wearing. 

Some of our fans deserve **** all.

I haven’t looked at the last few pages following today.

But would we wish for Shakey or Claude back, no.

BR came here with decent pedigree & is in Leicester’s top 5 if not 3 managers, 2 5ths & the Cup, I think we had only had 4 seasons better finishes in 125 years +.

He is generally cautious & for whatever reason is struggling to get the players to perform this season & has made a mess of 2 European campaigns, that he must sort & quickly, I suspect no Fofana has been integral to this.

But we are so much better with him than without.  Continuity generally is better than change, he knows what he is doing, he has bought himself a season where we finish 10th or something, it’s not fun but it is what it is annoyingly.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We've got to be back properly challenging for top 4 again then and/or have a proper blast at the Europa League. Anything else will see a good proportion of our fans disillusioned and hating it.

They are in for a life time of misery if that there expectation every year. 

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

F***ing hell they are in for a life of disappointment aren’t they.

They/we'll readjust quite quickly once mediocrity or worse is felt for a good while. The problem is we have been spoilt with some hacienda days and are caught between being allowed to dream and to lap up the ambitious regime and bask in the fact that pretty much anything we have done on and off the field in recent years makes us poster boys for every normal club and then being told to appreciate where we've come from and what we've done and not step out of our lane in life if we dare criticise when it starts to go iffy.

We've some cretinous fans, pound for pound one of the most moronic fanbases in the country in my opinion and I'm up there with the worst of them but football brings so much emotion and a load of it irrational that it's no surprise its gone a bit stale and it might be time for an overhaul.

• Like 2

Rodgers has done well and nobody could have predicted the injury crisis at the back particularly with Fofana.

I think performances will improve and the manager will get the right formation but he needs players to be fit and somehow get a bit of confidence back.

I'm not going to worry about rumours linking the manager to Man United or City. He will leave but I don't think it will be for a while yet and speculating just unsettles everyone. 

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Not necessarily. Just playing decent, exciting football with a bit of a swagger will do for me. 

I've never had us down as a top 4 side. Challenging for top 6 is where we are at/should be at.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Like you?!

Challenging for top 4 consistently would be absolutely superb and perhaps above expectations (most likely actually, not perhaps). 

However if that doesn't happen, let's not go fvcking overboard and act like we've failed. 

• Like 1

Just now, Scotch said:

Not necessarily. Just playing decent, exciting football with a bit of a swagger will do for me. 

I've never had us down as a top 4 side. Challenging for top 6 is where we are at/should be at.

The top part doesn't happen and us not challenge for top 4 though. It's not actually that spell binding to do so, we did it comfortably for 2 seasons but they sort of go hand in hand. I don't know roo many teams that ay attacking and exciting football that's unsuccessful and it if was then we'd be going berserk so I do have to point out that what fans say they want is still essentially to be mixing it with the best and there's nowt wrong with that. That's the benchmark, no reason we shouldn't be striving for it EVERY year.

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Like you?!

Challenging for top 4 consistently would be absolutely superb and perhaps above expectations (most likely actually, not perhaps). 

However if that doesn't happen, let's not go fvcking overboard and act like we've failed. 

I hate it this season, one of the most unenjoyable in the last 3 clearly. Will take a period of readjustment to endure and tolerate us being mediocre and crap again and then it's easier to accept and still function as a fan of a pony team. Done it for years, will do it again. But it's the transition.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I probably only go to about 4-5 games a season and watch whatever is on the TV, but the Spartak game seemed so flat and indicative of a lot of this calendar year, bar the odd few amazing highlights. In 2014, the playing squad weren't as talented but had that battling quality about it, as it is, I still think we will finish between 7th-10th, and what more can anyone expect? Some of the performances in the first two years of Rogers were phenomenal, there will be a lack of consistency at times, theres a reason why currently this squad plays for Leicester and not a more "elite" team, if the individual players want that, its up to them to raise their levels, which will achieve there own individual ambitions and in turn also help the team. 

1 minute ago, l444ry said:

We may not be pulling up many trees so far this season but we've only lost 2 out of the last 11 games. 

Unusually for us though is more draws. We've often lost our fair share but win two thirds of our games or more so overall it enables us to be ticking along nicely. We seldom win a game by more than a goal which is why more draws are creeping in and draws are what kill teams and help that slide towards mid table.

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I hate it this season, one of the most unenjoyable in the last 3 clearly. Will take a period of readjustment to endure and tolerate us being mediocre and crap again and then it's easier to accept and still function as a fan of a pony team. Done it for years, will do it again. But it's the transition.

I know you hate it. Several of you do and have no hesitation in stating it. And at times it has been turgid, so that's fair enough.

But even any slight improvement is covered over because of how shit it has been. 

To say we should be constantly challenging for top 4 is just out of our reach, in my opinion. I get the ambition and respect that, but it has to be tempered if we don't make it considering who were fighting up against in terms of budgets of other clubs up there. Of course I'd love it if we made it, even once! 

I'd love for some improvement and consistency but I think some fans' expectations have to be managed when it comes to 'challenging for top 4'.

• Like 2