Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

and who's your replacement?

I don't know.  But with the quality of players we have on the pitch each week, I don't think there is any out there who couldn't at least match the results and performances that Rodgers has gotten in the past 6 months.

• Like 1

Just now, Ric Flair said:

I hate it this season, one of the most unenjoyable in the last 3 clearly. Will take a period of readjustment to endure and tolerate us being mediocre and crap again and then it's easier to accept and still function as a fan of a pony team. Done it for years, will do it again. But it's the transition.

We’ve been patchy in form throughout Rodgers tenure here, however he normally makes strong starts. We’ve looked like Jekyll and Hyde, in all of them. When we’ve been bad we’ve been terrible. When good, stunning at times.

This season could easily be turned around if we find ourselves again. It’s just the impatient, self indulgent, so called supporters on here want to throw out the baby with the bath water and it’s absolutely sickening.

If we were in any danger of the drop I’d understand but this reaction just feels totally wrong.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The top part doesn't happen and us not challenge for top 4 though. It's not actually that spell binding to do so, we did it comfortably for 2 seasons but they sort of go hand in hand. I don't know roo many teams that ay attacking and exciting football that's unsuccessful and it if was then we'd be going berserk so I do have to point out that what fans say they want is still essentially to be mixing it with the best and there's nowt wrong with that. That's the benchmark, no reason we shouldn't be striving for it EVERY year.

Take our great escape season for example... Now obviously expectation we're wildly different so it's a stretch of a comparison but I genuinely enjoyed that season. Week after week I remember thinking we didn't deserve to lose and that we played well. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I know you hate it. Several of you do and have no hesitation in stating it. And at times it has been turgid, so that's fair enough.

But even any slight improvement is covered over because of how shit it has been. 

To say we should be constantly challenging for top 4 is just out of our reach, in my opinion. I get the ambition and respect that, but it has to be tempered if we don't make it considering who were fighting up against in terms of budgets of other clubs up there. Of course I'd love it if we made it, even once! 

I'd love for some improvement and consistency but I think some fans' expectations have to be managed when it comes to 'challenging for top 4'.

I think you may have misunderstood my explanation, I'm talking short term here regarding the challenge of top 4. We've been accustomed to it under Rodgers for almost 2.5 years so for us to drop off is going to take a period of readjustment and some will accept it and some won't. When you are in the position we have gotten in with the squad we've put together then challenging for the top 4 isn't such a mammoth task, it's by no means easy but to be in with a sniff isn't that unbelievable given a few of the big 6 are usually a disgrace each season. 

Our job now is to ensure we don't  easily slip back towards the teams that haven't had the capability to put together a squad as good as ours to challenge the business end of the league as once we do that it's a harder road back.

The footballs toss though bottom line, I've just argued the point that just wanting to see attacking and exciting football is actually wanting to see good winning football too as they go hand in hand but there's not even an over exuberance or naivety to our football in the pursuit of trying to slam home our new found success (like it was in 20q9/20) we've gone timid and in to protection mode and it's not very nice to see. I don't think I can get much satisfaction from a season like this without there at least being a bit more bravery on the ball, it's too over coached and restrictive. Boring.

• Like 2

I don’t expect top 4.

Was I annoyed, frustrated we missed out on it 2 seasons running? Of course I was, to have been there 2 seasons running to throw it away over the course of the 2nd half of both seasons culminating on a final day is disgraceful.

Will I use it as a stick to point at the management and team? Damn right, even more so that we did it twice in a row by putting our feet up come the turn of the year both times.

But I expect to enjoy watching my team, get excited, see some attacking intent, want to be enthusiastic about supporting them more than once every 20 games (that ratios probably being generous given the last 12 months).

I remember making all these points in the last paragraph many times under Puel and here we are still debating the same points all because of dreary, turgid, boring, sideways and backwards football.

If I wanted to watch sideways or backwards I’d be interested in Rugby, down Welford Road. (Infact despite sideways/backwards passes in Rugby they go more forward than we/football do)

Or perhaps Chess? :dunno: 

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

I don't know.  But with the quality of players we have on the pitch each week, I don't think there is any out there who couldn't at least match the results and performances that Rodgers has gotten in the past 6 months.

So you think we should sack a manager and not have a plan in place to replace him? Just get anyone?

5 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Take our great escape season for example... Now obviously expectation we're wildly different so it's a stretch of a comparison but I genuinely enjoyed that season. Week after week I remember thinking we didn't deserve to lose and that we played well. 

But that wouldn't happen now, expectations have changed. A little bit of entitlement as well would get in the way, fair play if it didn't but I'd be bastard fuming.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

I remember making all these points in the last paragraph many times under Puel and here we are still debating the same points all because of dreary, turgid, boring, sideways and backwards football.

I didn't see much dreary, turgid sideways football today.

We played it forward more regularly today thanks to our setup, and got panicked because of Leeds' press. We couldn't overcome it which is a different issue to the slow football we have seen recently.

Was it different? Yes.

Could it have been better? Yes. 

Can we expect better with the players we have? Yes.

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

So you think we should sack a manager and not have a plan in place to replace him? Just get anyone?

Where did I say we should sack him without a plan in place to replace him?  

You asked ME who I would get.  I said I don't know because ya know, I'm not the guy who gets to hire a new one plus I'm not privy to any inside information as to who may or may not be available should the need arise. 

Personally, if I did have a say in the matter, I'd tell Rodgers to play to our strengths more.  Right now, he's playing to our weaknesses by farting about with the ball in our own half, always being one misplaced pass away from being in the shit and on the back foot.  Which happens countless times per game.

6 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Interesting how some people remember that season. From late September to late December we were abysmal. We then started playing well but losing. Being rock bottom was depressing as **** - I think I'll take midtable thanks. 

• Like 4

Just now, bovril said:

Interesting how some people remember that season. From late September to late December we were abysmal. We then started playing well but losing. Being rock bottom was depressing as **** - I think I'll take midtable thanks. 

although as an addendum the actual great escape was maybe the most I've ever enjoyed being a Leicester fan

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Scotch said:

I liked the characters in that that side but there's some huge revisionism going on in that we played well every week. We never got hammered as such but we had more than a few bleak outings where we offered the square root of sod all.

Rodgers can’t play the injury card. We’ve had a ridiculous number of injuries over the past couple of years in a day and age where they can be clearly attributable to training load and intensity. There is something happening under his management that is leading to a high proportion of injuries.

In terms of whether I want him in or out, I’d give him a season of us finishing mid to lower table if there’s nothing in this Man United link. I think he might have eyes on the Man City job when Guardiola goes at the end of next season and he’ll know he needs to deliver success here to secure that.

That said, I want to see some ownership and accountability. I still distinctly remember after the Bournemouth debacle waiting for his BBC Radio Leicester interview, knowing it would tell us a lot about the man. He chose to throw Iheanacho under a bus and take zero responsibility for that disaster which I thought spoke volumes.

I therefore am not surprised to hear him fail to acknowledge our set piece failings and continue to blame injuries or the players for this underwhelming form.

• Like 3

Honestly all the fans whining about when we were in the lower leagues are so tiring. League one, for example, was actually a lot of fun, much better than the dross that was played by us in the Championship and Prem relegation seasons. At the end of the day it's not where we are in the football pyramid that matters, it's that decline in quality that you see when things start to go wrong that gets to the fans, when the players stop running their hearts out and the style of football become repetitive and slow, and that's what we're seeing now. In the real world expectations change and when what we had expectations for, football in this case, fails to meet those expectations, people get disappointed. We're seeing one of our best ever sides fall apart, clammering on about how we used to play Yeovil town wont make people happy because that's not how human psychology works.

At the end of the day i dont think fans care where we are in the table or if we win or lose, we just want to see a side that doesnt have shackles firmly clamped around their ankles.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

At the end of the day i dont think fans care where we are in the table or if we win or lose, we just want to see a side that doesnt have shackles firmly clamped around their ankles.

I don't understand this. Surely being entertaining and off the leash yet still conceding more than we score and in 12th/13th place isn't hugely different to what we've got now?

Plenty of our games in recent weeks have been good for the neutral.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Langston said:

I liked the characters in that that side but there's some huge revisionism going on in that we played well every week. We never got hammered as such but we had more than a few bleak outings where we offered the square root of sod all.

Vividly that Villa loss in December was absolutely wretched 

7 minutes ago, Corky said:

I don't understand this. Surely being entertaining and off the leash yet still conceding more than we score and in 12th/13th place isn't hugely different to what we've got now?

Plenty of our games in recent weeks have been good for the neutral.

From a Leicester point of view, off the leash seems to come after we've conceded. Which is why i confidently say that there have been shackles placed on this side, because you can quickly see them come off when we actually need to pick up a goal. 

From a neutral point of view it's probably entertaining but waiting 30 mins for us to start playing each week is not entertaining from a leicester perspective

Edit: to caveat that, in hindsight it's wrong to say fans dont care about winning and losing, obviously we do but that manner of how we win and lose matters a lot 

Edited by honeybradger
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Since the international break we’ve scored 14 goals over 7 games. I’d say it’s less about the attacking side and more about the shite defending 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Vividly that Villa loss in December was absolutely wretched 

Was that when Hutton scored? 

So many horrors where we just did nothing. Palace, Newcastle, Swansea, Southampton, West Ham aways pre-Christmas were absolute 'mares.

• Like 2