Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, Langston said:

Was that when Hutton scored? 

So many horrors where we just did nothing. Palace, Newcastle, Swansea, Southampton, West Ham aways pre-Christmas were absolute 'mares.

Yeah Hutton scored. Ulloa got a goal through a bit of fortune. Then Konchesky got sent off after squaring up to Hutton. 

I was in a pub the day before in Brum and a local asked all we supported. Said you are already down and not worth talking to. 😂 That 3-2 win a season later and subsequently events tasted very sweet

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Langston said:

So many horrors where we just did nothing. Palace, Newcastle, Swansea, Southampton, West Ham aways pre-Christmas were absolute 'mares.

I love Big Nige but he's been in charge of the two worst runs I've seen bar Taylor.

February to April 2013 was absolutely wretched.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Langston said:

That Southampton game sticks in my mind, pretty sure we played a diamond and to sum it all up Shane Long scored the goals for them lol

• Like 1

We just want to know what’s happened….

The team today had class running throughout it. Yet we can’t beat a side that leave gaps that could put the Grand Canyon to shame. 

Are they playing with fear? Is the whole side out of form? What’s the issue? Something isn’t quite right with the lads, that extra 10% of press and aggression just isn’t there, the best way I can describe us is we are a half a yard short at the moment all over the pitch. 

Can’t be a case of more football because we’ve got a bigger squad…… 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Silver surfer 1 said:

Brendan is a one trick pony , works for a couple of seasons , gets found out , flees before he is shoved .  Cycle repeat .  Charleton, he’s run his cycle , time to leave . Problem we have , who then ? Catch 22, we are locked in with this clown for now . 

Wow, just wow. 

4 hours ago, kristianity77 said:

Yeah because that's how it works in football.  A manager leaves and takes our 4 best players away.  He may well do that, but he would also be chucking the best part of 250 million our way also.

....the thing is would they go with him...!!!

The inference is that the players are no longer buying into his plans, and therefore would not be willing to go through another 3 seasons of this.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Take our great escape season for example... Now obviously expectation we're wildly different so it's a stretch of a comparison but I genuinely enjoyed that season. Week after week I remember thinking we didn't deserve to lose and that we played well. 

It was a great season and we did play extremely good football and not get our due rewards early on in the season. I remember when we lost 2-1 away at Arsenal and Wenger was genuinely perplexed how we could be bottom. Then we played Liverpool off the park at their place only to be trailing 2-0 at half time to 2 dubious Gerrard pens (neither would have been given now with VAR). And yet we came back second half - two great great goals Schlupp and Nugent. Should have actually won it from there. But we'd established the belief we needed to survive.

Also got a bit lucky at Burnley away - what an incredible game that was to attend.

And of course 5-3 United - Cambiasso!

A memorable season.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Corky said:

I don't understand this. Surely being entertaining and off the leash yet still conceding more than we score and in 12th/13th place isn't hugely different to what we've got now?

Plenty of our games in recent weeks have been good for the neutral.

Its bollocks. if we were entertaining and swashbuckling and 12th or 13th they would still have the pitchforks out and touches light. 

You only have to talk to a Leeds fan last year moaning about being naive and open.

Pretty sure there was lots of moaning when we beat Spartak 4-3

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mythyaar said:

It was a great season and we did play extremely good football and not get our due rewards early on in the season. I remember when we lost 2-1 away at Arsenal and Wenger was genuinely perplexed how we could be bottom. Then we played Liverpool off the park at their place only to be trailing 2-0 at half time to 2 dubious Gerrard pens (neither would have been given now with VAR). And yet we came back second half - two great great goals Schlupp and Nugent. Should have actually won it from there. But we'd established the belief we needed to survive.

Also got a bit lucky at Burnley away - what an incredible game that was to attend.

A memorable season.

I was at that Arsenal game. We went 2-0 down then started playing out our skin and where unlucky not to draw. Kramaric scored his first IIRC.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mythyaar said:

A memorable season.

Definitely a great season in the end but I didn’t think the 19 games after the Man U game were memorable!

5 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

I'm far more bothered about our performance in the europa league. We're 12th in the premier league, 7 points above the relegation zone and only two points off 6th. I will agree that for the most part we haven't played well, but it's not a disaster. However, in the europa league we have dropped points against two very poor sides, blown a two goal lead against Napoli and are likely find ourselves going out in the group stages. That is very hard to take given how poor Spartak and Legia are. 

I agree with this. I think there’s a good number of City fans who’d have turned a blind eye to domestic performances with the European run going well

14 minutes ago, Corky said:

I love Big Nige but he's been in charge of the two worst runs I've seen bar Taylor.

February to April 2013 was absolutely wretched.

It’s that sort of thing and Vardy’s incredible rise which makes you think patience with management / players can work. It also makes you wonder why LCFC’s are so inpatient and less understanding on inconsistent form 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

The players have suffered a big mental stress in missing 4th again. Last season they coped by using the disappointment as motivation to prove that they were good enough to be top 4. add the injury issues and the confidence is struggling big time.  Of course it’s up to the manager and his staff to deal with this and it’s up to the fanbase to give them the time and not make things worse. 

How much time? I think that's the key question. Do we give him so much time that our best players leave and the rest want to leave (understandable) for bigger clubs as we slide down the league table and crash out the cups waiting for that turnaround? My personal belief is that Rodgers heart isn't in it anymore and that has been reflected in the player and team performance. And those will continue and cost us in the league and cups. I'm of course happy to be proven incorrect. I don't want him gone. I want to see us playing great football with our fantastic squad. On average Brendan is a three season manager. And he won the FA cup with us already. I think his head is elsewhere now. And that shows on the pitch.

11 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

We just want to know what’s happened….

The team today had class running throughout it. Yet we can’t beat a side that leave gaps that could put the Grand Canyon to shame. 

Are they playing with fear? Is the whole side out of form? What’s the issue? Something isn’t quite right with the lads, that extra 10% of press and aggression just isn’t there, the best way I can describe us is we are a half a yard short at the moment all over the pitch. 

Can’t be a case of more football because we’ve got a bigger squad…… 

The team doesn't know whether it's coming or going, is over coached and restricted. We go from 4-2-3-1, to 4-4-2, to 3-4-1-2 to 4-3-3. We go from being quite pragmatic and possession orientated to then the shackles coming off after the last international break and Rodgers making positive subs when trying to win games to then reverting back to protection and conservative football again today, those subs were beggars belief.

More questions than answers. Still no nearer to knowing this season what our best team is, we are now back to Daka and Iheanacho barely playing. 

Hopefully this international break will last 6 months.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Still time to put it right.

Fingers crossed. I could go on about how the pandemic/lockdown and the inability of travel really got me down. European trips away are like the combination of three favourite things. Something to look forward toward. Was great fun in Warsaw. Probably one of the few times this year I felt completely relaxed and zero anxiety 

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The team doesn't know whether it's coming or going, is over coached and restricted. We go from 4-2-3-1, to 4-4-2, to 3-4-1-2 to 4-3-3. We go from being quite pragmatic and possession orientated to then the shackles coming off after the last international break and Rodgers making positive subs when trying to win games to then reverting back to protection and conservative football again today, those subs were beggars belief.

More questions than answers. Still no nearer to knowing this season what our best team is, we are now back to Daka and Iheanacho barely playing. 

Hopefully this international break will last 6 months.

Barnes and Tielemans both suffered injuries today. 

Barnes we didn’t have a like for like replacement so went with a change of formation. 

Maddison was going to come for Lookman before Tielemans injury. Maddison hasn’t the application to play in a three when we have wing backs. Hence KDH used in a more traditional central midfield role. 

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Barnes and Tielemans both suffered injuries today. 

Barnes we didn’t have a like for like replacement so went with a change of formation. 

Maddison was going to come for Lookman before Tielemans injury. Maddison hasn’t the application to play in a three when we have wing backs. Hence KDH used in a more traditional central midfield role. 

His favourite player Ayoze Perez on instead of Barnes and Lookman wide left. I get going 3 at the back and bringing KDH on but then Iheanacho comes on for Lookman and not Maddison. I also don't buy that Maddison couldn't play with Ndidi and Soumare, they are exactly the robust and defensive combo to allow Maddison to push up.

• Like 4

Isn’t this just our natural oscillation? We’ve experienced ‘over performance’ in the last two seasons with consecutive top 5 finishes when realistically top 8 is where we are; so at the minute ‘underperforming’ could see us about 11th - which is roughly where we find ourselves.

I’m not saying I’m enjoying this but the money you have the bigger the swings you have in position. 

Edited by fleckneymike

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

His favourite player Ayoze Perez on instead of Barnes and Lookman wide left. I get going 3 at the back and bringing KDH on but then Iheanacho comes on for Lookman and not Maddison. I also don't buy that Maddison couldn't play with Ndidi and Soumare, they are exactly the robust and defensive combo to allow Maddison to push up.

Maddison tried to do that role against Arsenal and was totally woeful at tracking back leaving Thomas exposed. 

Perversly it actually didn’t make us more defensive today as the wing backs ended up pressing Leeds full backs. You had Castagne pressing Dallas 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

Maddison tried to do that role against Arsenal and was totally woeful at tracking back leaving Thomas exposed. 

Did it more than well enough vs Man Utd and Brentford though. He also did it last season before Ndidi came back when we won a number of games playing 3-4-2-1 with him and Barnes behind Vardy.

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We were getting overran, they were the right ones. 

Sometimes you have to be pragmatic and not lose a game

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Really first game in the last 4 PL and 2 EL games Nacho hasn't started, in 5 of he's started and played 70 mins plus in all but the Arsenal game. 

Daka has played in 3 of the last 4 PL games and both the EL games. 

Hardly not playing...........

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Did it more than well enough vs Man Utd and Brentford though. He also did it last season before Ndidi came back when we won a number of games playing 3-4-2-1 with him and Barnes behind Vardy.

Personally don’t think he did the defensive side well enough against Man U either. Greenwood’s goal for example was with Castagne left a bit exposed. Their full backs kept picking the ball up a lot in the first half. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

Personally don’t think he did the defensive well enough against Man U either. Greenwood’s goal for example was with Castagne left a bit exposed. Their full backs kept picking the ball up a lot in the first half. 

That's the 2 sitting CM's job to help out the wing backs, not the ACM in a 3-4-1-2!!