Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

We were getting overran, they were the right ones. 

Sometimes you have to be pragmatic and not lose a game

Really first game in the last 4 PL and 2 EL games Nacho hasn't started, in 5 of he's started and played 70 mins plus in all but the Arsenal game. 

Daka has played in 3 of the last 4 PL games and both the EL games. 

Hardly not playing...........

Daka and Iheanacho won't be playing in a 4-3-3 is what I meant. 

20 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The team doesn't know whether it's coming or going, is over coached and restricted. We go from 4-2-3-1, to 4-4-2, to 3-4-1-2 to 4-3-3. We go from being quite pragmatic and possession orientated to then the shackles coming off after the last international break and Rodgers making positive subs when trying to win games to then reverting back to protection and conservative football again today, those subs were beggars belief.

More questions than answers. Still no nearer to knowing this season what our best team is, we are now back to Daka and Iheanacho barely playing. 

Hopefully this international break will last 6 months.

To be fair, in the league at least, Iheanacho and Daka are not really productive enough to warrant starts for you by the looks of things. That's a no-brainer from a performance standpoint. 

Edited by Guest454545

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The team doesn't know whether it's coming or going, is over coached and restricted. We go from 4-2-3-1, to 4-4-2, to 3-4-1-2 to 4-3-3. We go from being quite pragmatic and possession orientated to then the shackles coming off after the last international break and Rodgers making positive subs when trying to win games to then reverting back to protection and conservative football again today, those subs were beggars belief.

More questions than answers. Still no nearer to knowing this season what our best team is, we are now back to Daka and Iheanacho barely playing. 

Hopefully this international break will last 6 months.

Very true.

And I will criticise Brendan for being a more ‘reactive’ coach rather than a ‘proactive coach’…. He seems to react to games by tweaking something, and this is when he tends to get himself into a twist. Now, is this because he is trying to be too clever?  Does he sometimes miss the simple alterations and try to go for the more complex ones, and it ultimately means we go onto the pitch not really understanding what we’re doing?

Brighton away was a classic example of this, for the first half we were not at the races, not a clue what we were doing, but then in the second half we almost went out with a siege mentality, back to basics and battered them…. 

Sometimes a simpler approach is the way to go, get the pace onto the pitch and really look to get after teams… 

Sometimes we approach a game looking to be Man City…. But we don’t execute it properly and become way too easy to beat because we’re not moving off the ball well enough and end up getting pasted like school boys, aka West Ham. 

Brendan has got things a little wrong this season, but I trust he will sort it out, Vardy has started well but he hasn’t done the business recently, we need to find a way of getting Kelch and Patson into the team together for a bit, even if it is a 4-4-1-1 or a variation of a diamond. But like you said, it’s another system to get used to playing in again………

1 minute ago, Guest454545 said:

To be fair, in the league at least, Iheanacho and Daka are not really productive enough to warrant starts for you by the looks of things. That's a no-brainer from a performance standpoint. 

Eh? Iheanacho has been involved in about a goal every 75 minutes since February. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

That's the 2 sitting CM's job to help out the wing backs, not the ACM in a 3-4-1-2!!

We don’t play that shape in that formation currently 

We have one sitting and then two either side further up. Maddison normally takes the left side (see where he is when lose the ball for Arsenal’s 2nd) and Youri the right (see his goal v Man U). Soumare been the deepest centrally.  You can tell this because within the shape the player marking or pressing oppositions deepest player is the second striker, Kelechi. 

Today we started playing 2 sitting and then Youri further forward. Second half we started with Soumare left and Youri right - didn’t really play ACM. Hence Maddison came on as the second striker/no 10. KDH hugged the left of CMs when he came on too. Wilf the sitter 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

33 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

We just want to know what’s happened….

The team today had class running throughout it. Yet we can’t beat a side that leave gaps that could put the Grand Canyon to shame. 

Are they playing with fear? Is the whole side out of form? What’s the issue? Something isn’t quite right with the lads, that extra 10% of press and aggression just isn’t there, the best way I can describe us is we are a half a yard short at the moment all over the pitch. 

Can’t be a case of more football because we’ve got a bigger squad…… 

I thought that today - not as bad, but it was a bit like the criticism of Man Utd at the moment when pundits highlighted Fernandes walking over to stop the cross.

Its too easy as well to say our season got derailed because of the central defender shortage. But we had Maddison off form until now, Barnes not at his best, Ndidi for a bit… I think we have issues all over the park.

I think as well we are in another transitional phase. A couple of years in Europe, expanding the squad, less game time for some, managing Thurs-Sun consistently - throw a couple of spanners in the works and you can easily envisage the sorts of performances that we are seeing now - disjointed, dysfunctional, almost going through the motions at times.

• Like 1

Just now, coolhandfox said:

I'm not sure we will be playing a 4-3-3 all the time.

They will still play a lot of minutes.

I don't see us going back to a back 3 if Ndidi is fit, so neither will start very often. He won't play 4-4-2, he's tried it twice and gone wild about it afterwards (Arsenal at home and Palace away) 

5 minutes ago, Guest454545 said:

He has two in the league. 

He's started 3 games, 1 goal and 2 assists, plus created Maddisons goal at Brentford and Albrighton's at Norwich. If it wasn't for Iheanacho in 2021, Rodgers wouldn't be here now. He saved his season, scored in almost every round of the FA Cup and was the only player in the league when Barnes and Maddisoj got injured that dragged us to victory in games. 

This season he's been given less minutes again which is just bizarre. I get it's a bit of a dilemma as to play 2 up front you have to sacrifice something, whether that's wingers, a 3rd central midfielder or something lopsided bit he's without doubt been our standout player. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He's started 3 games, 1 goal and 2 assists, plus created Maddisons goal at Brentford and Albrighton's at Norwich. If it wasn't for Iheanacho in 2021, Rodgers wouldn't be here now. He saved his season, single scored in almost every round of the FA Cup and was the only player in the league when Barnes and Maddisoj got injured that dragged us to victory in games. 

This season he's been given less minutes again which is just bizarre. I get it's a bit of a dilemma as to play 2 up front you have to sacrifice something, whether that's wingers, a 3rd central midfielder or something lopsided bit he's without doubt been our standout player. 

On the other hand, there are four players in the league with less minutes but with the same amount of assists (Matic, Bailey, Olise and Loftus-Cheek). I'm not saying he shouldn't be getting more minutes, but I also don't think it's a puzzle as to why he hasn't. On top of that, with less minutes, Cornet from Burnley has four goals. And additionally, he loses the ball more than any other Leicester player when receiving it, which is kind of against the point of a possession team. It's not hard to see why he hasn't been getting the minutes, imo

We weren’t that bad away today. And the game certainly wasn’t dull— our through balls could have been better but we constantly tried to find incisive passes and gets runs in behind Leeds’ backline. And we got robbed by VAR twice. 

What exactly do we want again?

A lot of people got exactly what they’ve been asking for today and still ain’t happy. 

If you really want three points a game, it’s time to start being honest about that. 

1 minute ago, Guest454545 said:

On the other hand, there are four players in the league with less minutes but with the same amount of assists (Matic, Bailey, Olise and Loftus-Cheek). I'm not saying he shouldn't be getting more minutes, but I also don't think it's a puzzle as to why he hasn't. On top of that, with less minutes, Cornet from Burnley has four goals. And additionally, he loses the ball more than any other Leicester player when receiving it, which is kind of against the point of a possession team. It's not hard to see why he hasn't been getting the minutes, imo

Rubbish. Dissect the season. We started it returning to our favoured 4-2-3-1 with Barnes and Perez either side of Vardy. Their return was zero goals and assists, Iheanacho created the goal away at Norwich but it won't feature as the assist but he made the goal. We then moved to 3 at the back to get Iheanacho in as Barnes and Lookman still weren't doing much and low and behold he registers 2 assists and a goal, not to mention creates Maddison's at Brentford for Daka to roll it across. 

He's then back out the team after Barnes and Lookman came on 2nd half vs Arsenal where we were better than the 1st half. So he'll now sit out again and hopefully Barnes will continue to pick up some form, slowly getting there but we still need to be creating and scoring more goals this season. Iheanacho in 2021 is our standout player in that regard.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, The_77 said:

We weren’t that bad away today. And the game certainly wasn’t dull— our through balls could have been better but we constantly tried to find incisive passes and gets runs in behind Leeds’ backline. And we got robbed by VAR twice. 

What exactly do we want again?

A lot of people got exactly what they’ve been asking for today and still ain’t happy. 

If you really want three points a game, it’s time to start being honest about that. 

I mean, someone seriously suggested we can’t go for less than the likes of a Zidane in the “If Rodgers Goes” thread. 

Edited by The_77

On 05/11/2021 at 10:31, foxile5 said:

Just a baffling line up, for me. 

We needed to win this one. Should've had a stronger line up and more aggressive tactics. Tiring to watch. 

And someone kept farting near me. If it was you see a doctor you ****ing animal. 

Me thinks you doth protest too much it was either you or you ****ing loved it. 

19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Rubbish. Dissect the season. We started it returning to our favoured 4-2-3-1 with Barnes and Perez either side of Vardy. Their return was zero goals and assists, Iheanacho created the goal away at Norwich but it won't feature as the assist but he made the goal. We then moved to 3 at the back to get Iheanacho in as Barnes and Lookman still weren't doing much and low and behold he registers 2 assists and a goal, not to mention creates Maddison's at Brentford for Daka to roll it across. 

He's then back out the team after Barnes and Lookman came on 2nd half vs Arsenal where we were better than the 1st half. So he'll now sit out again and hopefully Barnes will continue to pick up some form, slowly getting there but we still need to be creating and scoring more goals this season. Iheanacho in 2021 is our standout player in that regard.

Well then you should be a-okay then, and nothing you worry about regarding Rodgers.