Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

40 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

I would argue that this is more indicitive of how well our board have done in terms of selling players for more than they are worth. 

Deals may be done in the boardroom but there has to be some quality that leads to other clubs paying over the odds. 

If Man Utd paid £80m for Maguire, it wasn't because of the boardroom chat but more of what Maguire did on the pitch. They thought it was fair value and if it looks expensive now, then it only highlights how well he did under our coaches. Same for Chilwell too, who Rodgers took to a different level. 

2 hours ago, fleckneymike said:

Isn’t this just our natural oscillation? We’ve experienced ‘over performance’ in the last two seasons with consecutive top 5 finishes when realistically top 8 is where we are; so at the minute ‘underperforming’ could see us about 11th - which is roughly where we find ourselves.

I’m not saying I’m enjoying this but the money you have the bigger the swings you have in position. 

Regression to the mean, it is a thing in statistics.

I think defying footballing gravity is very hard to sustain.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Not as bad as some our making out, calendar year table. 

image.png.b5b71419abd591730f4d4f8543cc4050.png

That is quite surprising. Thought we'd be down around 14th or 15th based on some people's comments on here! 

I still agree with them the football could be more entertaining more frequently, but football is a results business at the end of the day (yes, they could be better right now as well but it's not panic stations just yet!) 

8 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Interesting how everyone says we have a top 6 squad and BR should be doing better.

Then you read match threads littered with 80% of the posters saying x or y is crap.

Well we clearly have, we finished top 5 2 seasons on the spin and added a number of players who ought to have improved the squad and only lost Chilwell and a few fringe players. 

43 minutes ago, StanSP said:

That is quite surprising. Thought we'd be down around 14th or 15th based on some people's comments on here! 

I still agree with them the football could be more entertaining more frequently, but football is a results business at the end of the day (yes, they could be better right now as well but it's not panic stations just yet!) 

Just shows how good we were from Jan through to mid Feb, it was a spell that was close to rivalling our best football in 2019/20. Hoping we can get another run together like that to revitalise us.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Guess how much the stats from the last half of last season is going to count for this season? straw clutching at it's worse.:blink:

Make Hay while we can...

Expecting defence to go goalless is like

Looking for a needle in a Haystack..

We should call ourselves the Strawdogs

But..we will turn it around... and harvest the rewards...:frantics:

• Like 1

We need to improve performance levels but we're not doing that badly in terms of results. 11 games in and there's a lot of teams on a similar amount of points. We're 12th but only 2 points off 6th!! After the next game we have Southampton, Villa, Watford and Newcastle to play. I'm stubbornly optimistic there's 2 or 3 wins to be had out of those fixtures.

@Ric Flair I didn't say we didn't, it was just on observation of the behaviour of the fan base 

19 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Guess how much the stats from the last half of last season is going to count for this season? straw clutching at it's worse.:blink:

No need to clutch at straws, we will be fine, league table means little after 11 games. 

26 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

@Ric Flair I didn't say we didn't, it was just on observation of the behaviour of the fan base 

No need to clutch at straws, we will be fine, league table means little after 11 games. 

I agree , That's why I think adding last seasons tally to this years tally has no bearing on this season. I'm sure we will turn things around and have a comfortable season with more than enough twists and turns along the way. At the very lease the club has moved forward enough not to be worried about the threat of relegation, something we used to have to live with as par for the course of being in the prem . COYB,S:scarf:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

I agree , That's why I think adding last seasons tally to this years tally has no bearing on this season. I'm sure we will turn things around and have a comfortable season with more than enough twists and turns along the way. At the very lease the club has moved forward enough not to be worried about the threat of relegation, something we used to have to live with as par for the course of being in the prem . COYB,S:scarf:

Lots of fans have been saying when have been dreadful all of 2021, I was using it to show we have been decent enough.

I should have added more context to my post. 

9 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Not as bad as some our making out, calendar year table. 

image.png.b5b71419abd591730f4d4f8543cc4050.png

Look at the points: 51 points that’s what we are averaging right now, this is on track for a 12th place finish across a season which is not good enough for a team of our calibre.

• Like 2

We have no answer to teams pressing us. Anytime we're rushed into making passes we panic and make mistakes. Added to this our defending from set pieces and we're simply leaving ourselves too much to do to win games. Our failure to address the latter is nothing short of baffling 

• Like 1

Just now, Happy Fox said:

Look at the points: 51 points that’s what we are averaging right now, this is on track for a 12th place finish across a season which is not good enough for a team of our calibre.

Thing can change pretty quickly, since the last international break we have average 1.75pts so we are moving in the right direction. 

He isn't going to slag the players off in pubic. And although we might not like the fact, he doesn't owe us - you and me - a proper explanation. He simply isn't answerable to us, ultimately. The way some fans talk about the club makes me think they regard themselves as somehow of more significance than they actually are.

• Like 3

Guest Chocolate Teapot
15 minutes ago, Ricey said:

What worries me the most is if Rodgers truly believes that the last two performances were good performances, as he's stated to the media. Yesterday Leeds should have won that game, there's no doubting that and the stats back that up. We normally thrive in open matches and yesterday was as open as they come, yet we deserved to lose the match against a team that started the day 17th. I'm not sure how we can be happy with that.

He seemed pleased with the work rate and aggression yesterday, yet we were still second to most balls and squandered any openings that our counter attacking created.

It just all feels very flat at the minute.

He obviously doesn't. Just trying to put a positive spin on it.

Hes a very smart guy and he'll know its not good enough. What he's projecting in the media is to try and give the players some confidence.

Why can’t Rogers see that one striker brings a small goal return , goals were starting to flow recently with the re-introduction of Nacho and the emergence of Daka ! Then we resort to the default position of a lone striker and the goals dry up

Edited by little Brian

15 hours ago, TrentFox said:

We’re all bitterly disappointed with the performances, but this reminds me of how I recall the end of the Bloomfield era. We’d been great, fell away, people thought we could do better ……. and McLintock was unleashed 😳. Let’s be careful what we wish for. Things don’t always get better. 

I don't want Rodgers gone but why do I always see "be careful for what you wish for". It's such shit. It's as if every managerial sacking and appointment has been terrible.

Everybody said the exact same to Brighton fans recently when they ditched Hughton for Potter.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

We have no answer to teams pressing us. Anytime we're rushed into making passes we panic and make mistakes. Added to this our defending from set pieces and we're simply leaving ourselves too much to do to win games. Our failure to address the latter is nothing short of baffling 

Pressing frustrated me more than anything yesterday. Leeds are terrible at the back, the defenders are terrible, every team presses them into mistakes and I think we only did it once when Vardy won the ball from Cooper.

3 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

He isn't going to slag the players off in pubic. And although we might not like the fact, he doesn't owe us - you and me - a proper explanation. He simply isn't answerable to us, ultimately. The way some fans talk about the club makes me think they regard themselves as somehow of more significance than they actually are.

He doesn't need to slag players off in public and neither should he. But a little more of an honest assessment might be more productive both for them and the fans. 

5 minutes ago, little Brian said:

Why can’t Rogers see that one striker brings a small goal return , goals were starting to flow recently with the re-introduction of Nacho and the emergence of Daka ! Then we resort to the default position of a lone striker and the goals dry up

And play what formation?

• Like 1