Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

I defend Rodgers a lot, but those subs were really bizarre.

Going into the last 10 minutes or so with no attacking wide men and one striker was madness.

I'm a diehard Rodgers fan boy but sometimes his in game changes leave me needing to down a few shots of vodka to try and get my head around. Switching to 3 at the back and 4 central midfielders against a tiring team who were very open at the back? He made a similar change last season against Leeds at home and went on to lose the game. The changes against Spurs on the last day of the season still give me nightmares. 

I like BR but it looks things are stale. We are so boring and negative, with a highly talented group of players. I'm not sure he will last a 4th season here with the way things are going. 

• Like 3

Personally felt people are over-reading into that formation change. It actually made us open - as the wing-backs pressed really high. Castagne was closing down Dallas and that left Cags v Rapinfina. Similarly on the other flank.

Was bit of a half-way house - made us press higher (take a look at the half chance for Cags and also when Maddison broke free...eventually Wilf's woeful shot, the ball was won way up the pitch) but it made us less threatening when in settled spells of possession. 

34 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Even some of the best teams in the world don't have consistent wingers/attacking midfielders though, why do you think Pep has about 10? lol 

Inconsistent end product yes, I could accept that but its the basic stuff that is infuriating. Shit first touches, flicks around the corner to no-one and kicking it straight out of play when playing a one-two. 

He's as good as gone isn't he? I can't see these rumours being without substance, and if he has verbally agreed to join Utd, he should do the honourable thing and resign now. I hope there has been a phone call to clarify his position, because it could be this unrest that's causing a problem with the team.

14 hours ago, Guest454545 said:

On the other hand, there are four players in the league with less minutes but with the same amount of assists (Matic, Bailey, Olise and Loftus-Cheek). I'm not saying he shouldn't be getting more minutes, but I also don't think it's a puzzle as to why he hasn't. On top of that, with less minutes, Cornet from Burnley has four goals. And additionally, he loses the ball more than any other Leicester player when receiving it, which is kind of against the point of a possession team. It's not hard to see why he hasn't been getting the minutes, imo

I criticised Nacho about this weakness many times in the past, but now he is a very efficient player at what he needs to do, and this overcomes his weakness, I expect as you say this is why Brendan is not giving him the time he deserves on the pitch, but for me Brendan has to compromise because Nacho is doing the business for us.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 1

Just now, splinterdream said:

He's as good as gone isn't he? I can't see these rumours being without substance, and if he has verbally agreed to join Utd, he should do the honourable thing and resign now. I hope there has been a phone call to clarify his position, because it could be this unrest that's causing a problem with the team.

Where you getting the impression he’s gone ?

As far as I see every well informed media source has said Ole is staying for the time being. 

• Like 3

Just now, Chrysalis said:

I criticised Nacho about this weakness many times in the past, but now he is a very efficient player at what he needs to do, and this overcomes his weakness, I expect as you say this is why Brendan is not giving him the time he deserves in the pitch, but for me Brendan has to compromise because Nacho is doing the business for us.

Nacho been poor since Man U at home. Very poor on Thursday 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

If you're that confident, place a large bet on it. Because for me, it's just tabloid/bookies generated noise.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

As far as I see every well informed media source has said Ole is staying for the time being. 

Gary Neville is obviously ludicrously biased towards Ole, painfully, blindingly so. 

But he's also well connected at United and has said multiple times that the board 100% do not want to sack Ole this year. I believe that to be honest. 

Unless they fall miles and miles off the pace OR he completely loses Ronaldo & Fernandes, they'll see out the season with him. 

I do think that last part is very possible, though. My very first thought when I saw them resigning Ronaldo was "that's Ole gone then." I do think he'll eventually get him sacked, he won't tolerate them being as shit as they are and the first chunterings that he's surprised by the poor standards off the pitch are already doing the rounds. 

Edited by Finnegan

1 hour ago, splinterdream said:

Doubt, its just repetitive click bait rubbish. 

• Top Job at Risk
  • Previous links?
    • No, but who is said to be punching above their weight?
      • Link them to job
    • Yes.
      • Link them to job
  • Feet up
  • Cup of tea
  • Repeat

As a fan base, we all have the same complaints as every other club. Just go and check a few other forums. 

A) “X” can’t take a corner, he’s dreadful.

B) Why are we so slow and boring. 

C) Swap “X” out for “Y” and we’d improve. 

D) What’s happened to my inflatable dinosaur. 

E) My mates the ref tonight. 

F) We can’t cope with European football and a weekend game. 

As it is, we’re a mid table team that is capable of beating anyone; and losing to anyone on any given day. That’s the joys of being in the Premier League. The quality of the top 20 teams in the country, isn’t that far apart if you think about it. The other teams are very, very good as well.

Can you imagine how a team assembled from here would fare against Leicester, Manchester City or even Norwich over 90 minutes?!? 

Anyway, back on topic, Rodgers won’t go to Manchester United. I think he’s more likely to wait it out and then go for the Manchester United job. Compare the two clubs. United need serious off the field investment as well. Old Trafford is a wreck compared to the Ethiad and the training facilities aren’t even in the same ball park. The Glazers have sucked money out of the club, where as Monsoor as poured money into City and the surrounding area. Manchester City have been good for the city. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Behind the scenes discussion, we all know Brendan wouldn't turn it down but prefers to wait till end of season, Utd board want it done sooner though but brendan resisting, so imagine if someone leaked the discussion to the press, it would go some way to pushing brendan into a more immediate decision to either commit to us or resign. 

It just makes sense to me, all you need to know is would they want Brendan, if the answer is yes then he's gone. You can see why he would rather take it at the end of the season.

8 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Gotta remember Rodgers will be trying to keep confidence up for players and not get on their backs in public - he doesn't need to give the fans/media any more ammunition. He might say he's happy with aspects of the performance but I'm sure that there will be plenty of work in training this week on things that he wasn't happy with vs Spartak and Leeds.

....always seem to be the answer to any setback!!!

Politicians saying "...lesson learned" means absolutely nothing because the same issues keep coming back to haunt them. I am not sure what is being done on the training ground but lessons have not been learned and any previous issues are replicated the next game.

• Like 1

On 08/11/2021 at 11:54, HighPeakFox said:

What we prattle here is of very little significance. People accuse BR of being deluded, stubborn and arrogant. That tickles my sense of irony. 

Then why bother contributing?

I suppose, by irony, that you mean that a number of your fellow posters exhibit those three (or fewer) characteristics they accuse BR of displaying. I don't see much arrogance or delusion in this thread - just a discussion on why a squad with such exceptional players seem hobbled in expressing that talent - after such a sustained effort last season and with what many of us considered to be an excellent recruitment interval in the summer.

I see in him a strong tendency to control, a fixation on picking an under- performing Perez, a lack of faith in, particularly, Luke Thomas and  questionable substitution choices - at times. He resembles a man in a strait-jacket which he has elected to don himself. He praises his players courage, hard work and other positives - but he would, wouldn't he?

One aspect where Foxes Forum posters do excel is in the objectivity which arises from our discussions, arguments and confrontations. Even though we lack influence, the high level of loyalty, knowledge and ongoing awareness we have make us an important bellwether in assessing where the club appears to be not where the organisation and media want us to believe it is.

Matt Busby used to tell his players to go out and enjoy playing. They did, with spectacular results, because there was no hidden agenda lurking behind his instruction. There were np shackles on them. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, gerblod said:

I suppose, by irony, that you mean that a number of your fellow posters exhibit those three (or fewer) characteristics they accuse BR of displaying. I don't see much arrogance or delusion in this thread - just a discussion on why a squad with such exceptional players seem hobbled in expressing that talent - after such a sustained effort last season and with what many of us considered to be an excellent recruitment interval in the summer.

I see in him a strong tendency to control, a fixation on picking an under- performing Perez, a lack of faith in, particularly, Luke Thomas and  questionable substitution choices - at times. He resembles a man in a strait-jacket which he has elected to don himself. He praises his players courage, hard work and other positives - but he would, wouldn't he?

One aspect where Foxes Forum posters do excel is in the objectivity which arises from our discussions, arguments and confrontations. Even though we lack influence, the high level of loyalty, knowledge and ongoing awareness we have make us an important bellwether in assessing where the club appears to be not where the organisation and media want us to believe it is.

Matt Busby used to tell his players to go out and enjoy playing. They did, with spectacular results, because there was no hidden agenda lurking behind his instruction. There were np shackles on them. 

That's modern coaching though, isn't it? Pep Guardiola is also a micro manager, as are Klopp and Tuchel. You can't compare the 40s, 50s and 60s to now either - the game was almost a different game then, with WAY less pressing and movement and a lot more man marking. That's why the Lisbon Lions were so effective - the teams couldn't cope with the constant position switches from the back. Matt Busby now would be a different prospect. 

25 minutes ago, gerblod said:

One aspect where Foxes Forum posters do excel is in the objectivity which arises from our discussions, arguments and confrontations. Even though we lack influence, the high level of loyalty, knowledge and ongoing awareness we have

Are we reading the same forum?

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, gerblod said:

The lady doth protest... and maybe not in this thread, but all those traits are regularly on display generally - in my opinion.

• Like 1