Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

38 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....you make them sound like a "black hole"...!!!

Devouring everything they come into contact with and a continuing influence regarding the surrounding world around them.

Perhaps as we speak Rodgers is standing at the edge of the Event Horizon, ....it will be a big decision to decide to go in....!

They ARE black holes - they very nearly sucked everything along with them into the ESL earlier this year. That’s why their gravitational pull for ambitious managers such as BR is irresistible. I mean he could get stuck on the event horizon forever, but to us it will just seem like he got sucked in. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

In football nothing is certain , Rodgers could be two failures away from managing Linfield. Though if he is wise , unlike Redknapp , he will pack it in before he makes a fool of himself.

Probably not given the history of managing Celtic :whistle:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

43 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We won 7 of our last 9 games, you could argue the signs were there. Whoever compiled those odds wouldn't be patting themselves on the backs that year, put it that way.

That's not the only criteria on which odds are based though. It wasn't 7 of 9 games pushing for Europe. It was 7 of 9 games to stay in the division. There was absolutely nothing to suggest you were going to overhaul Man City, Liverpool, Spurs, Chelsea and United. Especially with Ranieri as your new manager, who at that point had never won a first division league title. It was a great title, and I loved every minute of it as a neutral and willed you to win it and upset the apple cart. But the original post my thread of responses concerns, implied that there was something about you the season before, that suggested a title challenge was imminent. That's just not the case. 

Just now, Grebfromgrebland said:

Interesting that castagne has been critical of Rodgers tactics. Other players must feel the same too.

He mentioned that after going 2 nil up at palace Rodgers wanted to go all defensive in the second half which pretty much cost us the game.

Didn't use Rodgers in name 

48 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Interesting that castagne has been critical of Rodgers tactics. Other players must feel the same too.

He mentioned that after going 2 nil up at palace Rodgers wanted to go all defensive in the second half which pretty much cost us the game.

I dont recall the first half being particularly attacking lol

Just now, filbertway said:

I did think that, felt like we got hammered all game.

Maybe he's saying that they were instructed to just defend the lead in the second half and hope for the best, something you might benefit do for the last 5 minutes of a match not 45.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Tbf I think it was the best we'd played so far all season (It was bizarre we went so negative in the 2nd half but equally it came as no surprise) - obviously this was before the Man Utd match.

I guess that's a sad indictment of how we've been though.

14 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I did think that, felt like we got hammered all game.

Maybe he's saying that they were instructed to just defend the lead in the second half and hope for the best, something you might benefit do for the last 5 minutes of a match not 45.

We are making mistakes, and that impacts our confidence. I remember a match against Crystal Palace where we are winning 2-0, and we decide to stop the opponent for a whole half, but 45 minutes without really playing is long”

There’s no mention of Rodgers. Sometimes in that situation it’s a conscience thing rather than anything tactical. ‘WE decide’ suggests a collective decision or shift or mentality 

• Like 1