Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Guest Chocolate Teapot
42 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

This isn't going away.

Potter or Amorin, whichever we can get.

Potter would sort out our defence.

For Rodgers seeing our best player likely to leave and his message not getting through to the players means this is probably the best chance he has to get a big job.

We finish mid table this year and his stock will decline rapidly.

17 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

This isn't going away.

Potter or Amorin, whichever we can get.

Potter would sort out our defence.

For Rodgers seeing our best player likely to leave and his message not getting through to the players means this is probably the best chance he has to get a big job.

We finish mid table this year and his stock will decline rapidly.

The way we're performing I think mid table is optimistic.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, weller54 said:

The way we're performing I think mid table is optimistic.

If we are performing that badly , why would United be interested?  Rodgers , to me, with no connection to Man. Utd. could quickly be got rid of if he makes no improvement. He knows that, while with us a mid-table finish will not threaten his position.

16 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Interesting that castagne has been critical of Rodgers tactics. Other players must feel the same too.

He mentioned that after going 2 nil up at palace Rodgers wanted to go all defensive in the second half which pretty much cost us the game.

100% miss-quoted I suspect -  Yawn.

10 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

If we are performing that badly , why would United be interested?  Rodgers , to me, with no connection to Man. Utd. could quickly be got rid of if he makes no improvement. He knows that, while with us a mid-table finish will not threaten his position.

If one of the biggest jobs in world football is offered to him, he will be gone. You wouldn't turn down Man Utd if you are an ambitious manager like Rodgers is. Infact there would be only a handful who would. 

Anybody making a case for him turning it down is simply looking through Royal Blue tinted glasses. 

There is no way he is going going to turn the job down for fear of failure. If he goes who can begrudge him going to the biggest club in Britain and arguably the world?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Because they famously look at reputation over actual performance?

22 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

We haven’t been great this season, but two fifth place finishes and the FA Cup isn’t bad. In fact I think he will turn things around here, so hope he doesn’t go. 

The more ive been focusing on Brighton recently the more im starting to think that Potter is exactly the same as Rodgers.

11 men back for a corner. Changes the team to go defensive if taking a lead. Can struggle to break down weaker teams. 

I want a spunky manager that will try to deliver to incredible high press, high octane football of 2019. The golden year.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Matt said:

Tbf I think it was the best we'd played so far all season (It was bizarre we went so negative in the 2nd half but equally it came as no surprise) - obviously this was before the Man Utd match.

I guess that's a sad indictment of how we've been though.

Really? 

I thought we were battered in that first half, and couldn’t believe we got jammie with two goals. I actually think we played better against Man City despite losing. 

• Like 2

What will be interesting is when Rodgers is posed questions relating to being linked to the united job, what his response will be.

with Spurs and Newcastle it was clear he wouldn’t swap us for them. Saying things like “I love it here” and that I’m sure he said we are building long term, unfinished business etc…

If he now says, “they are a huge club, it’s an honour to be linked, or I’m under contract for x years” though all true, IMO it’s dangling the carrot a bit. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, turkish14 said:

What will be interesting is when Rodgers is posed questions relating to being linked to the united job, what his response will be.

with Spurs and Newcastle it was clear he wouldn’t swap us for them. Saying things like “I love it here” and that I’m sure he said we are building long term, unfinished business etc…

If he now says, “they are a huge club, it’s an honour to be linked, or I’m under contract for x years” though all true, IMO it’s dangling the carrot a bit. 

If the position is available at the end of the season I think he'll go but would be very surprised mid season. 

11 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

What do yo class as midtable?

Performing so poorly we are 2 pts off 6th.

We had a very poor start but have only lost 1st in the last 6 PL

Our 'performances' have been pretty dreadful (apart from the United game) for a long time now. Stats over the last 25/30 games back that statement up.

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
4 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Our 'performances' have been pretty dreadful (apart from the United game) for a long time now. Stats over the last 25/30 games back that statement up.

The stats over the last 25/30 games would have us mid table 🤣

4 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Pretty average would be a better description, dreadful is far worse than us. If we were losing 4-0 every week the that would be dreadful.

3 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Pretty average would be a better description, dreadful is far worse than us. If we were losing 4-0 every week the that would be dreadful.

Exactly even during our worst we aren’t relegation fodder, just distinctly average… which is disappointing when you see the quality we have in the side 

• Like 1