Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

47 minutes ago, filbertway said:

The more ive been focusing on Brighton recently the more im starting to think that Potter is exactly the same as Rodgers.

11 men back for a corner. Changes the team to go defensive if taking a lead. Can struggle to break down weaker teams. 

I want a spunky manager that will try to deliver to incredible high press, high octane football of 2019. The golden year.

Roger Schmidt was linked post-Shakey, his sides are very front-footed. Can let a bag load in, though. 

• Like 1

I don't see Potter leaving Brighton for someone like us mid season. I know he'd get a pay rise but he'll probably view Brighton as being much closer to our potential than ever and therefore why risk it? Maybe we could convince him close season but right now? I doubt it.

Although I think Rodgers would find it too difficult to turn down, I think there'll be a huge conflict from those in charge at Utd over him and in the end he won't get the gig. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

What do yo class as midtable?

Performing so poorly we are 2 pts off 6th.

We had a very poor start but have only lost 1st in the last 6 PL

I’d say 12th in a league of 20 is the very definition of mid table?

1 hour ago, dayday said:

Would I be disappointed to see him go , at this moment in time the answer is no, I just think we have gone stale under his management.

I’m starting to give serious consideration to this, as much as I don’t want to. It seems in the modern game there are very managers who ‘do it’ over a long term period - 3/4 years seems to be the norm.

25 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I don't see Potter leaving Brighton for someone like us mid season. I know he'd get a pay rise but he'll probably view Brighton as being much closer to our potential than ever and therefore why risk it? Maybe we could convince him close season but right now? I doubt it.

Although I think Rodgers would find it too difficult to turn down, I think there'll be a huge conflict from those in charge at Utd over him and in the end he won't get the gig. 

But I think our stadium (being improved), training facility and fan base are a significant improvement on Brighton. I might be biased here, but I see us in terms of club size and stature as a mid point between most of the PL (including Brighton) and clubs like Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea etc. I’d think we be an attractive step up for him. 

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Potter in some respects has achieved more than Rogers this season, bearing in mind the players in his squad do not compare to the quality Rogers has. Nevertheless with what he has there are higher in the table and playing very neat football

I would certainly think he could achieve even better results with our squad.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

Pretty average would be a better description, dreadful is far worse than us. If we were losing 4-0 every week the that would be dreadful.

I think with the squad we have, the facilities and a supposingly top Manager in charge, the word dreadful is fairly appropriate.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I’m starting to give serious consideration to this, as much as I don’t want to. It seems in the modern game there are very managers who ‘do it’ over a long term period - 3/4 years seems to be the norm.

Well, managers aren't allowed to correct a dip anymore. 5 or 6 bad results and they're gone. 

I prefer managers who've got the know how to be able to pull out of a nosedive. 

Rare examples of managers allowed to recover a dip include Dyche and Klopp (last season up until April) 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Corky said:

The Sun probably just read another paper. An absolute rag.

Neil Custis has a really annoying face, too.

Is Neil Custis the journo that calls anyone who enjoys overseas football a hipster? An actual football journalist. Right weirdo. 

Edited by Langston

Just now, Langston said:

Is Neil Custis the journo that calls anyone who enjoys overseas football a hipster? An actual football journalist. Right weirdo. 

Yes. Also known for arguing with everyone on TalkSport. Extremely tetchy individual.

17 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Well, managers aren't allowed to correct a dip anymore. 5 or 6 bad results and they're gone. 

I prefer managers who've got the know how to be able to pull out of a nosedive. 

Rare examples of managers allowed to recover a dip include Dyche and Klopp (last season up until April) 

And Hasenhuttl. If you can lose 9-0 twice and not get sacked, you've probably got a job for life. There have been some premature sackings recently though. Dean Smith was a harsh sacking I thought but could understand Farke as Norwich have been absolutely woeful. Bruce was always going to get the boot with the new owners coming in and we know Watford like a new manager every few months. Nuno clearly wasn't given any time at Spurs but he was never the right appointment for them anyway. Rodgers won't get sacked, he will be given time to change things round. When he leaves, it will be to join a bigger club rather than him being sacked. Unless our form nose dives Ranieri style then he's not going anywhere just yet unless United do come for him. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, filbertway said:

The more ive been focusing on Brighton recently the more im starting to think that Potter is exactly the same as Rodgers.

11 men back for a corner. Changes the team to go defensive if taking a lead. Can struggle to break down weaker teams. 

I want a spunky manager that will try to deliver to incredible high press, high octane football of 2019. The golden year.

Amorin or Gallardo then.

2 hours ago, weller54 said:

Our 'performances' have been pretty dreadful (apart from the United game) for a long time now. Stats over the last 25/30 games back that statement up.

No they haven't, I would say West Ham, Palace were dreadful.

The majority have been below average or average and have generally over all performance has been below expectation. 

What stats? 

In the last 25 games in the league we have won 10, draw 5, lost 10 = 35pts. That would have had you 10th after 25 games last season 6 pts of 6th. 

Main difference between our start this season and last is we have drawn games we have lost the same amount in the first 11 as last season. 

Edited by coolhandfox

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

At worse it will be a distract for our squad and Rogers, the noise will die down when Man U win a few.

Has Brendan said anything about the Utd job? Read a report he wants to complete the season as he thinks we have a chance of the silverware in Europe. 

I wonder if the club would be happy with this, or would it be a distraction to the players?

If he has had an approach and would like to go, would we want gone sooner rather than later?