Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

8 minutes ago, Nannypig7 said:

So, Ole is still Utd's manager and Utd haven't, at this point, as far as we know, agreed a financial package to relieve Leicester of their current manager. 

And yet, Brendan is in the process of relocating his children into a school, nearer to Manchester and is house hunting as well. 

OK 🙄🙄

• Like 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

So, Ole is still Utd's manager and Utd haven't, at this point, as far as we know, agreed a financial package to relieve Leicester of their current manager. 

And yet, Brendan is in the process of relocating his children into a school, nearer to Manchester and is house hunting as well. 

OK 🙄🙄

Equally plausible his wife just wants to move back there to be fair. Kasper lives that way.

4 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Equally plausible his wife just wants to move back there to be fair. Kasper lives that way.

Either way, Brendan would have a decent relationship with Leicester's hierarchy and, if he was doing stuff like that, it would all be all sorted and an announcement would be forthcoming,with both parties fully aware and in agreement. 

Same with Ole at OT. 

2 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

Either way, Brendan would have a decent relationship with Leicester's hierarchy and, if he was doing stuff like that, it would all be all sorted and an announcement would be forthcoming,with both parties fully aware and in agreement. 

Same with Ole at OT. 

It’s a waiting game but there is no smoke without fire, Alan Nixon is fairly clued on, he wouldn’t publish a story without credence.

7 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Pretty sure this house hunting thing has been going on for ages, way before any links to Man Utd

Kasper lives around there anyway

Both Simpson and Kasper used to live there and Simpson used to get chauffeured to training early every morning at Belvoir Drive. I believe Kasper moved a lot nearer South a few years ago.

As for Rodgers, whilst this is currently his job, it doesn't really mean he's not interested in buying a property in another part of the country, he probably wouldn't want to live here forever. For example, didn't he maintain a property in the area that Jurgen Klopp certainly used to live in if he doesn't still. Probably he's merely selling that and buying another?

• Like 1

On 12/11/2021 at 10:03, ARM1968 said:

Whilst I agree with this in statistical terms, those statistics in no way diminish the pull of Utd over Arsenal. You are quite correct in what you say, but Arsenal are not now and will never be seen as one of the top 4-5 management posts in world football. Man Utd are - despite their obvious demise in terms of ownership and ethos. 

We, you, peer from the outside in. Neither of us are on the inside of that management sphere, where the few truly big clubs lie at its centre drawing everything towards them - the money, the players, the decisions, the fan base AND the managers. 

Most ambitious people, in whichever sphere they operate, have a burning desire to be at the centre of it all, the heart of the beast if you will.  No one can claim that BR is not ambitious and I would strongly suspect that he sees himself at one of the truly massive clubs. It isn’t about what we see and know, but what they feel their destiny to be. 

I (mostly) agree wholeheartedly with your take on this issue.

As for Arsenal specifically, they/it was probably the most famous club on the globe in the 1930s. But football was a tribal matter back then, before global marketing had seen its opportunity.

Chelsea and Spurs (and the North-Western clubs) weren't fashionable then. 

I'll be watching the situation at Newcastle with great interest - just to see if another injection of oil wealth can transform it/them into a 'global' brand.

• Like 1

Guest Danny Clender
5 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Coupe 2011 Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera for sale

sexy but impractical?

Is that a dining table? Sofa? Lamp? errrr display cabinet?

Guest Danny Clender

I think we should become a manager less  club.

Progressive, financially astute and would totally confuse the living shite out of every mongo that enjoys berating football managers. 
We could have a trust…a DoF (definitely someone from FT) the Captain and a VC, closer to a Cricket model ( I think )

The football manager position is loathed by such a large amount of football fans, simply remove it.

19 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

A lot of our success over last five years has been surprising given our history over the last 130 years. It is out of the norm. Although managers have played a part , much of it has been to do with the ability that perhaps only 10 players have shown and sustained. Almost all of them relatively unrecognised before they came here. Maybe that era is passing now and we will revert to being a mid-table team. That is nothing to be depressed about , we would have been so happy with that ten years ago. Derby, Forest, Shed Wed and others would be delighted to be where we are.

You appear to have completely forgotten what was and is the involvement of the Srivaddhanaprabhas in Leicester's success. Everything that has happened to LCFC has been their doing. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, gerblod said:

You appear to have completely forgotten what was and is the involvement of the Srivaddhanaprabhas in Leicester's success. Everything that has happened to LCFC has been their doing. 

I haven't but on New Years Day 2015 very few on here would have predicted what was to come. Then a near miracle began to happen and I am not sure that ownership was a factor.

8 minutes ago, Danny Clender said:

I think we should become a manager less  club.

Progressive, financially astute and would totally confuse the living shite out of every mongo that enjoys berating football managers. 
We could have a trust…a DoF (definitely someone from FT) the Captain and a VC, closer to a Cricket model ( I think )

The football manager position is loathed by such a large amount of football fans, simply remove it.

Some time ago, when I was pursuing my wild ambition to be a mid-level, white-collar drone in local government, I suddenly realised that, every time a fresh manager took charge, the well-run machine started to smoulder, smoke and spark. Underbreath chuntering rose to extraordinary high levels and arse-lickers were forming queues outside the new bloke's office.

One doesn't really need managers or generals or any such figureheads. They just create carnage - literal and metaphorical.

What's needed is a door - half frosted glazed with MANAGER written thereon leading to a mostly empty room - just a desk with a calendar, unconnected telephone and a generic framed photo of a family.

Perhaps a secretary/P.A. sitting at a desk outside to tell all visitors that "he/she isn't in at the moment" (or on holiday/at a meeting/attending a seminar/having transgender surgery). 

All decisions would default to do nothing or do what the manual states.

What we crave is structure, however crazy that structure is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This whole situation with Rodgers is deflecting from the season Since Rodgers has been here starting with Arsenal, within

months of joining the club , there has been constant speculation regarding his future away from the club.Now we have reached the position where house hunting is brought up ala Lee Chapman buying a house in Oadby many years ago

This week’s press conference yet again will centre on where Rodgers his next going to pitch his tent I along with many

other fans are tired of this speculation I think it is a reason many fans do not warm to him The impending return of Ranieri will show the respect the fans have for certain individuals It is difficult for Rodgers whilst Ole remains in post but I thank Rodgers

for fulfilling one of my dreams of winning the FA Cup but hope Top every success of finding a new bloke if and when Rodgers moves on

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gerblod said:

Some time ago, when I was pursuing my wild ambition to be a mid-level, white-collar drone in local government, I suddenly realised that, every time a fresh manager took charge, the well-run machine started to smoulder, smoke and spark. Underbreath chuntering rose to extraordinary high levels and arse-lickers were forming queues outside the new bloke's office.

One doesn't really need managers or generals or any such figureheads. They just create carnage - literal and metaphorical.

What's needed is a door - half frosted glazed with MANAGER written thereon leading to a mostly empty room - just a desk with a calendar, unconnected telephone and a generic framed photo of a family.

Perhaps a secretary/P.A. sitting at a desk outside to tell all visitors that "he/she isn't in at the moment" (or on holiday/at a meeting/attending a seminar/having transgender surgery). 

So it’s just an accident that basically every organisation in the history of humanity has some kind of leadership structure?  Right.

Edited by Jon the Hat

3 minutes ago, gerblod said:

Belgium ran smoothly without a government for months and Liverpool were very successful with Kenny Dalgleish doing a bit of part-time managing. Perhaps Kasper can do the same. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I haven't but on New Years Day 2015 very few on here would have predicted what was to come. Then a near miracle began to happen and I am not sure that ownership was a factor.

They provided the inspirational basis for what happened. The success stemmed from all the synchronous factors - recruitment and the specific players brought in, coaching team, tea lady, the Board and the Birch.

Guest Danny Clender
6 minutes ago, gerblod said:

It’s a beautiful image which you create.

I agree with your sentiments as well.

We are a Buddhist club, I think it is overlooked.