Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

So it’s just an accident that basically every organisation in the history of humanity has some kind of leadership structure?  Right.

"Structure" implies some form of pre-planning. Read any book by Jane Goodall to find a pertinent take on chimpanzee and human social structures. No considered round-the-campfire discussion - just the instinctive drive for power by the most greedy male.

Do you believe that, in the face of universal acknowledgement of global warming and its threat to continued species existence, that the Cop talks will result in any radical changes? If you believe that then you're naïve. Management structures are about establishing who's top dog, not about establishing a system which benefits the population.

15 minutes ago, gerblod said:

They provided the inspirational basis for what happened. The success stemmed from all the synchronous factors - recruitment and the specific players brought in, coaching team, tea lady, the Board and the Birch.

You forgot the Buddhist monks. They were reported to be defining.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If BR goes then he goes. The football have been pretty scary to boring for at least 20 games in the league. Very second half of the table stuff. Of course manure supporters are salivating that with BR also comes Tielemans and big Wilf and little Wilf and Kasper and Barnes and Justin and Vardy. Which means there would be no one left or LC will just be rebranded as Manchester United.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Times are now saying united are trying to persuade Zidane...

I think this is what will happen. Rodgers will be heavily linked, possibly even proven to want to go there but they then appoint someone else and we are stuck with him and the fact he wanted out which is never great for morale.

• Like 1

Guest Danny Clender
3 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Ha! not a chance. Poch is their best bet. 

Or CR7 if they really wanted to complete football.

Guest Danny Clender
4 minutes ago, Corky said:

Has he bought a house in Manchester?

I can reveal he’s browsed Foxtons twice now.

Edited by Danny Clender

25 minutes ago, gerblod said:

"Structure" implies some form of pre-planning. Read any book by Jane Goodall to find a pertinent take on chimpanzee and human social structures. No considered round-the-campfire discussion - just the instinctive drive for power by the most greedy male.

Do you believe that, in the face of universal acknowledgement of global warming and its threat to continued species existence, that the Cop talks will result in any radical changes? If you believe that then you're naïve. Management structures are about establishing who's top dog, not about establishing a system which benefits the population.

download (1).jpeg

• Haha 3

36 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think this is what will happen. Rodgers will be heavily linked, possibly even proven to want to go there but they then appoint someone else and we are stuck with him and the fact he wanted out which is never great for morale.

Worst possible outcome.  And one of the "big six" teams finds yet another way to weaken us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

I haven't but on New Years Day 2015 very few on here would have predicted what was to come. Then a near miracle began to happen and I am not sure that ownership was a factor.

...the owners could quite as easily chose to invest in Derby County, same size support with an even more distinguished past history..!!!

Without the investment and the plan being implemented to take our club to the top (not literally) of the Premier League, we would still be fighting to escape the clutches of the Championship. 

You have to be in the position for the miracle to happen, it just doesn't happen otherwise.

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

We ain't half a paranoid bunch nowadays lol

If people aren't fawning over us we don't know what to do anymore. It's sport. It's competitive. 

It's why I gave up the Mean Us thread- everyone searching forums to find things that are negative about us.

25 minutes ago, Joefox said:

I honestly don’t understand how a club as big as United can be run so badly. It’s actually ridiculous. If they wanted him this should have been done by now. Seems like they actually don’t know what they want.

Most of the credible reports in the last few weeks were that they want to give Ole more time to turn things around as they don't want to be proved wrong about him!! They could be leaking stories on Rodgers just to see what the fan base reaction is rather than any concrete interest or approach at this point

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, turlo said:

Most of the credible reports in the last few weeks were that they want to give Ole more time to turn things around as they don't want to be proved wrong about him!! They could be leaking stories on Rodgers just to see what the fan base reaction is rather than any concrete interest or approach at this point

Let’s be honest Ole would have been sacked about 5 times over at any other club. And deservedly so. It’s amazing how far being an ex player who scored an important goal can get you. I think Rodger’s goes if approached but it’s just getting irritating how they are dragging this out. If you want him then get him so we can move on. It’s just so incompetent the way they club is run. Just embarrassing. Wouldn’t surprise if they give him a couple more games then go in for Rodgers.