Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

3 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

So it’s just an accident that basically every organisation in the history of humanity has some kind of leadership structure?  Right.

...I  think what he was saying was that there is a need for a leadership structure....but the actual leadership does not require implementation  of changes in routines!!!

Managers come in and seek immediately to make a difference, to do that requires upheaval and change. 

The man hours required to implement these changes and the effect in has on the existing staff, results in poor environments, and any subsequent new managerial  appointments only leads to reverting to what had previously existed.

7 minutes ago, Bazly said:

Just think, if he leaves to join MU then he will be the first manager not to be sacked in 21 years. 

Pearson left voluntarily first time, as I recall - after Sousa had been guest of honour at the play-offs?

Also, didn't Megson leave voluntarily - to go to big club Bolton Wanderers?

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Bazly said:

Just think, if he leaves to join MU then he will be the first manager not to be sacked in 21 years. 

I don’t think MU would be interested in Rodgers it’s all about the big picture & commercial interests. They will hire a big name like Zidane to increase the MU brand around the world. Why did they buy Ronaldo ? Because the share price leaped to around 15% and the Glazers immediately sold a load of shares, then the price went down 15%. With MU I suspect commercial interest are in some respects more important than results

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bazly said:

If he leaves voluntarily , which I am not at all sure about , we will not have to pay him and his numerous minions anything . We will also, like Celtic , get hefty compensation if he goes to another club. If we were daft enough to sack him mid-contract, he and his team get a fortune in contracted salaries and then walk into something else pretty quickly and get paid again. We keep him until his contract is nearly up and then see where we are. I see no danger of relegation but not much chance of top six either.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Pearson left voluntarily first time, as I recall - after Sousa had been guest of honour at the play-offs?

Also, didn't Megson leave voluntarily - to go to big club Bolton Wanderers?

7 minutes ago, Corky said:

Adams, Megson and Pearson all resigned. Bassett stepped aside too.

Pearson was 'allowed' by the club to speak to Hull and he made comments about it being made clear to him that he was no longer wanted. It was a sacking in all but name. 

• Like 1

It’s a strange one this. I know we won’t be able to attract a manager of his calibre but it does feel like it’s gone a bit stale and we can never maintain paying a manager the 3rd highest salary in the league.

Edited by Costock_Fox
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

It’s a strange one this. I know we won’t be able to attract a manager of his calabre but it does feel like it’s gone a bit stale and we can never maintain paying a manager the 3rd highest salary in the league.

I agree ..  we’d never find another manager who could hold a candle to a manager of Brendans candelabra ….  :)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Joefox said:

Let’s be honest Ole would have been sacked about 5 times over at any other club. And deservedly so. It’s amazing how far being an ex player who scored an important goal can get you. I think Rodger’s goes if approached but it’s just getting irritating how they are dragging this out. If you want him then get him so we can move on. It’s just so incompetent the way they club is run. Just embarrassing. Wouldn’t surprise if they give him a couple more games then go in for Rodgers.

Yes he's perfected the art of just doing enough to avoid the sack by Man Utds incompetent board and it sounds like they will give him every opportunity to do it again. He's going to have to go on a losing streak of 3 or 4 games to get the chop. Agree I think they will come in for Rodgers if he gets the sack and for now they are leaking stories to see how the fans react on social media

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Is the £20m applicable if there is indeed a CL release clause? 

I'd imagine the CL clause is that we cannot refuse it if they buy out the majority of his remaining contract. It will be a huge fee, there's no way we'd pay £9m for him, Arsenal find out he's got a £14m release clause and him sign a new deal with a clause in that was worth less. It'll be £20m minimum.

• Like 2

There are 2 key things with BR and the Man Utd position.

1. We get paid a shed load of money for him and his coaching staff for walking.

2. I can't see man utd going after him anyway. Man Utd know that Ole is a sh*t tacticianer. They will also (as well as most Man utd fans) are aware that BR is also crap at game management and tactics. I can't see it happening. 

I for one do hope he leaves. He has built up what we could arguably describe as the most indepth high quality squad we've ever had. However, we find ourselves in a position whereby BR doesn't know which formation to pick from one week to the next, and can panic in games with marginal leads and with no rationale change formation defensively and end up costing us points. 

I'm on the fence at the moment. But I am worried at the same time. Greame Potter instilled ruthlessness in Brighton even when behind, and for the full 90 minutes every game. That's how we should be playing especially with the squad we have. 

• Like 2

This is really starting to gather pace, with journos now reporting this, I honestly believe the only issue holding this up is Rodgers who is reluctant to move mid season, reckon the Zidane rumours will be to force Brendan’s hand he will not want to leave on bad terms or tarnish his reputation but if United give him a now or never ultimatum then I believe he will go. 

In my opinion the only reason Ole is still in the role is because United want his replacement lined up. Would not be surprised if this comes to a head in the next 24/48 hours 

4 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

This is really starting to gather pace, with journos now reporting this, I honestly believe the only issue holding this up is Rodgers who is reluctant to move mid season, reckon the Zidane rumours will be to force Brendan’s hand he will not want to leave on bad terms or tarnish his reputation but if United give him a now or never ultimatum then I believe he will go. 

In my opinion the only reason Ole is still in the role is because United want his replacement lined up. Would not be surprised if this comes to a head in the next 24/48 hours 

He was OK doing it with the club he supported as a kid, I highly doubt it would be an issue with us. 

I don't think this is the case. Probably more likely that UTD are just giving him a little more time. 

49 minutes ago, Scotch said:

He was OK doing it with the club he supported as a kid, I highly doubt it would be an issue with us. 

I don't think this is the case. Probably more likely that UTD are just giving him a little more time. 

While you might be right, I what think he'd have stayed with us if 6 out of 7 of his transfers that last season weren't forced to be loans and free transfers after going through two Champions League group campaigns. I don't think your owners play those kinds of games with your managers.

I don't think Rodgers is moving to United, though. It would have happened by now I reckon. But if there is truth to the rumours, I think what's holding him back is that he probably realizes he has good owners who might be comparatively resource-poor but are heavy on support

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Guest454545 said:

While you might be right, I what think he'd have stayed with us if 6 out of 7 of his transfers that last season weren't forced to be loans and free transfers after going through two Champions League group campaigns. I don't think your owners play those kinds of games with your managers.

I don't think Rodgers is moving to United, though. It would have happened by now I reckon. But if there is truth to the rumours, I think what's holding him back is that he probably realizes he has good owners who might be comparatively resource-poor but are heavy on support

I think it will happen eventually but if they were gonna sack him after the last game they would have done it at the start of the international window. They are holding off. 

7 hours ago, Bazly said:

If BR goes then he goes. The football have been pretty scary to boring for at least 20 games in the league. Very second half of the table stuff. Of course manure supporters are salivating that with BR also comes Tielemans and big Wilf and little Wilf and Kasper and Barnes and Justin and Vardy. Which means there would be no one left or LC will just be rebranded as Manchester United.

...there is no way anyone of those players ends up at United with him....not going to happen!!!

They are probably had enough of listening to his blarney, they have already started to tune out from him I am sure.

- £20m will bring nothing to the table.

- Kasper live in Chesire?....

- Ole has not been sacked

- No annoucement from credible sources

- Maybe hes just 'moving' home and not because of a job

- Numerious times hes stated that hes very happy at LCFC (yes said similar thing at Celtic but honestly they overreacted)

From my view of this, absolutely nothing has made me feel this is going to happen, please STOP reading into reports from 'The Sun' ffs and making it out that its happening, making FT even more toxic and embarrasing.

k thanks

Edited by Simoken

1 minute ago, Simoken said:

- Numerious times hes stated that hes very happy at LCFC (yes said similar thing at Celtic but honestly they overreacted)

From my view of this, absolutely nothing has made me feel this is going to happen, please STOP reading into reports from 'The Sun' ffs and making it out that its happening, making FT even more toxic and embarrasing.

k thanks

It's quite clear his agent is pushing some of this from their side. He wants the gig. All other jobs he's been linked with were car crashes at the time. This is all set up for him where the recruitment has 90% already been done for him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Simoken said:

From my view of this, absolutely nothing has made me feel this is going to happen, please STOP reading into a reports from 'The Sun' ffs and making it out that its happening, making FT even more toxic and embarrasing.

k thanks

Maybe he is just moving house and can commute but that doesn’t take away the fact that we are sitting on one of the best managers in football while in mid table and Man U are shit and have been underperforming for ages.

Unfortunately for us, it makes perfect sense that Man U go for him. The only negative for them is the Liverpool link but they are that shit under Ole and have been for so long that I don’t think matters.

• Like 1