Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 minutes ago, Simoken said:

- £20m will bring nothing to the table.

- Kasper live in Chesire?....

- Ole has not been sacked

- No annoucement from credible sources

- Maybe hes just 'moving' home and not because of a job

- Numerious times hes stated that hes very happy at LCFC (yes said similar thing at Celtic but honestly they overreacted)

From my view of this, absolutely nothing has made me feel this is going to happen, please STOP reading into reports from 'The Sun' ffs and making it out that its happening, making FT even more toxic and embarrasing.

k thanks

Have not been reading most of the weekend, so just dropped in to see what has happened. Judging by the volume and panic, I assumed something, but no just Homes under the Hammer  conspiracy theories.  Ah well, actual football is back soon I guess.

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Have not been reading most of the weekend, so just dropped in to see what has happened. Judging by the volume and panic, I assumed something, but no just Homes under the Hammer  conspiracy theories.  Ah well, actual football is back soon I guess.

I hate the actual football. These 3 international breaks have been class this season. Shame that's it until next year. No chance of the pandemic scuppered it either, FFS.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I hate the actual football. These 3 international breaks have been class this season. Shame that's it until next year. No chance of the pandemic scuppered it either, FFS.

Reading on Red Caf, it’s like the same as in here. They all seem convinced they will get Rodgers (most don’t want him though) so surely something has to be going on? It cannot all be down to house hunting in Cheshire and no proper football. Can it?  :dunno:

• Like 2

It's a pity there's no loyalty in football. I understand why Brendan is doing this, and have huge respect for taking us to two 5th place finishes and an FA cup trophy. But he knows if we dropped into the bottom three he'd be gone so he has to look out for himself. But sometimes I feel like I am cheering for a bunch of jerseys.

8 minutes ago, l444ry said:

Good as he's been for us, Brendan ain't no Fergie and Managers with much better credentials as winners than him have tried and failed at the graveyard of Manchester Utd. It's down to him of course if offered the job and takes it but we'll survive without him because of our superb Owners. His ego is such that he'll be gone like a shot. The sooner this crap show is done and dusted the better. 

There is no better manager in history than Fergie but I get your point.

• Like 1

Brendan ts a certainty to join MU, imo. When,I don't know, but suspect sooner rather than later. The big problem is he is likely to be followed by one or two players, and Ndidi and Fofana will leave for new pastures in the summer.

A new manager will need to be of proven quality, and not gambles we have taken in the past.  His man management skills will be paramount. We know that BR, will be impossible to replace on a one to one basis.

• Haha 2

Not overly fussed if he goes, he’s been a good steady manager for us, FA Cup was amazing. This season so far it’s not the same story unfortunately maybe it’s down to some injuries but something has changed in the team, the desire doesn’t seem to be at the same level. It’s a strange one I’ve not got that connection I had when Ranieri was here, that was the most gutting even though we lost our way big time. I have trust in the owners to keep the club on the right path with or without Rodgers. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Pete from the USA said:

It's a pity there's no loyalty in football. I understand why Brendan is doing this, and have huge respect for taking us to two 5th place finishes and an FA cup trophy. But he knows if we dropped into the bottom three he'd be gone so he has to look out for himself. But sometimes I feel like I am cheering for a bunch of jerseys.

No loyalty in the game since Steve Walsh retired so don’t expect it sadly. 

Brendan is close to being on the crest of a slump in his ranking given our indifferent current form. He may need to strike now. All he need do is say whether he is staying put or not then we move on. 

Edited by oxtonfox
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

No loyalty in the game since Steve Walsh retired so don’t expect it sadly. 

Brendan is close to being on the crest of a slump in his ranking given our indifferent current form. He may need to strike now. All he need do is say whether he is staying put or not then we move on. 

Izzet, Schmeichel and Vardy could all have left us and chased the money but chose to stay. Izzet went through necessity in the end and he hated it (his words).

• Like 2

5 hours ago, turlo said:

Yes he's perfected the art of just doing enough to avoid the sack by Man Utds incompetent board and it sounds like they will give him every opportunity to do it again. He's going to have to go on a losing streak of 3 or 4 games to get the chop. Agree I think they will come in for Rodgers if he gets the sack and for now they are leaking stories to see how the fans react on social media

Or maybe people aren't giving ManU and Ole enough respect (until this point that this)? Like most people I don't think Ole is ever going to win anything big with ManU. But he has stabilized the club after Jose, he's been a manager the fans have actively (and pretty overwhelmingly) wanted to see do well, bringing a unity and he's brought in some genuinely exciting young players. It wouldn't surprise me to find out buying Ronaldo was nothing to do with him and has IMO disrupted what Ole was previously doing last season. Instead they clearly needed a defensive midfielder (not Ndidi!). It's entirely his lack of tactical ability (and maybe ruthlessness) that is stopping them moving to the next level.

The Rodgers stuff confuses me. WHO goes out house buying who hasn't got the job and if ManU have given him the job then that's against PL/FA rules. It's all just crap journalism and idiot pundits making stuff up for clickbait because we're on an international break and the news cycle is slow. The thing is, I expect that dumbassery from news papers like The Sun or TalkSport but we're giving this air which will feed into the echo-chamber and eventually reach the team. Who don't need this kind of distraction. 

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

There is no better manager in history than Fergie but I get your point.

...I  would say Shanks beats him...!!!

You could say the boot room that followed also have a claim. Walter Smith gets a mention as well.

Busby got to be in the mix, the more you think about it, being different eras as well, I can’t see him (Fergie) coming out on top.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

You could say the boot room that followed also have a claim. Walter Smith gets a mention as well.

Busby got to be in the mix, the more you think about it, being different eras as well, I can’t see him (Fergie) coming out on top.

Depend on what you bases it on.

In terms of trophies and win ratio Alex blows him out of the water with ease. 

I wasn't old enough to see Shankley's teams play so can't comment on playing style. 

6 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Depend on what you bases it on.

In terms of trophies and win ratio Alex blows him out of the water with ease. 

I wasn't old enough to see Shankley's teams play so can't comment on playing style. 

His playing style was based on the Ice Kings. 

24 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

I'd vote Fergie as the GOAT if it was a poll

3 hours ago, Pete from the USA said:

No there not a lot.

One read of our match day thread or the Rodgers thread tells you that. lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Maybe he is just moving house and can commute but that doesn’t take away the fact that we are sitting on one of the best managers in football while in mid table and Man U are shit and have been underperforming for ages.

Unfortunately for us, it makes perfect sense that Man U go for him. The only negative for them is the Liverpool link but they are that shit under Ole and have been for so long that I don’t think matters.

You do know that they're in 6th and we're in 12th 😅

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Reading on Red Caf, it’s like the same as in here. They all seem convinced they will get Rodgers (most don’t want him though) so surely something has to be going on? It cannot all be down to house hunting in Cheshire and no proper football. Can it?  :dunno:

60/40 against last week and trending downwards over the past few days. Have to say that there were some very good pro Rodgers posts with a few actually knowing something about his past and not the same old tired cliches and anecdotes from Liverpool. Still think its all BS until the fat Lady sings. There hasnt been one piece of evidence from anywhere yet.

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

Yeah but you get my point, it’s more normal for us to be there than them be 6th. 

Agreed. They for them have been very unimpressive and we beat them convincingly. However, quite a number of our points have been fortuitous and on the whole we've been shocking.

• Like 1