Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

14 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Agreed. They for them have been very unimpressive and we beat them convincingly. However, quite a number of our points have been fortuitous and on the whole we've been shocking.

Oh yeah we have been shit but I’d be less concerned about us reaching our par this season than if I was a Man U fan. Under Ole they have no hope of finishing where they should be.

Edited by Costock_Fox

1 minute ago, volpeazzurro said:

Absolutely and many of ours have been fortuitous. At times imo we've stunk the place out. We're lucky to be where we are. One very decent win against United merely papered over the cracks. 

And all of theirs have been totally brilliant, fully deserved and extremely entertaining to watch no doubt :-)

3 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Oh yeah we have been shit but I’d be less concerned about us reaching our park this season than if I was a Man U fan. Under Ole they have no hope of finishing where they should be.

They won't progress any further with Ole at the helm I agree. Great player and servant for them but poor manager. I don't see Rodgers as being good enough for them also tbh, not enough of an upgrade on Ole for me and certainly not an elite manager. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

They won't progress any further with Ole at the helm I agree. Great player and servant for them but poor manager. I don't see Rodgers as being good enough for them also tbh, not enough of an upgrade on Ole for me and certainly not an elite manager. 

Totally agree.

BR will flop massively there. 

To be honest I think his tenureship with us has gone very stale, the team look uninspired and the football we play is as boring as Hell.

I'd wave him goodbye and wish him luck..

He'll need it there!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

No, but I think we have more to worry about than them.

You`ve spouted some Bovine waste matter so far Mr Manure fan but this tops it all !! we have absolutely bugger all to worry about, just the opposite in fact, them by contrast, the biggest club in the world 2 (TWO) points ahead of us and look a million miles from winning anything have plenty to be very worried about !!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

If he goes I’d much rather a team stump up the compensation than us having to sack him. I don’t think he’s going anywhere just yet but I can’t help but feel he’s ran his course with us.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, mad biker said:

You`ve spouted some Bovine waste matter so far Mr Manure fan but this tops it all !! we have absolutely bugger all to worry about, just the opposite in fact, them by contrast, the biggest club in the world 2 (TWO) points ahead of us and look a million miles from winning anything have plenty to be very worried about !!!

Hardly a Man Utd fan 🤣🤣. They have some world class players that could be turned round very quickly and the ability to bank roll an elite manager and more players. Love em or hate em, they can buy themselves out of almost any problem at the drop of a hat should they choose to do so.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Stadt said:

If he goes I’d much rather a team stump up the compensation than us having to sack him. I don’t think he’s going anywhere just yet but I can’t help but feel he’s ran his course with us.

I've felt since around the middle of last season he wouldn't be with us beyond this one, always felt he'd move on

Brendan is a good manager - not a great one. The players listen to him but sometimes he gets the tactics and subs right, other times not. Sometimes he adjusts effectively, other times not. For whatever reason they've stopped playing for him this half season and under-performed.  This club also should have been in the CL the past two seasons and both times got upended by injuries and squad depth. He'd be smart to jump now. If he leaves it won't be the end of the world as this will be a job that will attract a quality manager. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

He took Liverpool from 8th to 2nd, with only two world class players. I think he'd do better than Ole there, to be honest. He's easily good enough for them. 

...got to be thinking that United are too progressive and ambitious to put Rodgers in the chair!!!

A left field observation could be that they would look at Moyes again to take on the role.

Far too inexperienced when he was in the post the first time and his move from Everton and the various other managerial jobs have given him the confidence to see the role as something that he can do, as opposed to thinking he cannot afford to fail, having got the chance through Fergie's recommendation.

Moyes no nonsense persona would be big enough for the personalities that would be recruited  by the club and he is certainly doing a fine job with players not exactly household names at West Ham.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Guest454545 said:

He took Liverpool from 8th to 2nd, with only two world class players. I think he'd do better than Ole there, to be honest. He's easily good enough for them. 

If Ole is the comparison then yes because BR is an actual manager.  For Man U though the best in the world should be the comparison surely.

• Like 1

Leicester City aren't going to miss Brendan Rodgers. He's achieved the ceiling of where he can take this club and It can only go downhill from here. The club can go for Graham Potter and he'll take the club up further another level.

I've seen it happen for Brendan at Liverpool too. He overcomplicates and then becomes lost. Is he going to do a good job at Man Utd , He'll improve them but then he won't be a guy who can really compete with the likes of Tuchel , Pep , Klopp. Also United's transfer strategy is a shambles and Brendan won't get the support there that he gets from the transfer team at Leicester.

1 hour ago, Jon the Hat said:

If Ole is the comparison then yes because BR is an actual manager.  For Man U though the best in the world should be the comparison surely.

The best in the world are all taken or not interested. That leaves the rest. Of that strata of manager, Rodgers definitely has all the tools to deal with United and their expectations. 

33 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

We'll just have to see. I don't think he'll end up there to be honest. 

I don't think so either. But if there was even a grain of truth the rumours, I think the flattery will wake him up a bit. I also wouldn't be surprised if there's then movement in the transfer market for you in January - new found see zeal and all that

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

We'll just have to see. I don't think he'll end up there to be honest. 

I would imagine they’d be trying hard for Ponch, who clearly wants to return to the PL despite having one of the best jobs in football.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Guest454545 said:

I think that they'll also take a look at the fact it then went to rats, got sacked and became Billy Nomates because no-one would employ until he went to Scotland where he managed to win a one horse race.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jakemoore said:

Totally unfair comment. How can you call BR crap at game management and tactics? He’s not without flaws but he’s been incredibly successful. We’ve had two top 6 finishes back to back and won an FA Cup under his stewardship. He can’t have done all of that if he was “crap” at tactics as you say. 

Man City 2-5 Leicester City springs to mind as one of many tactical masterclasses by Brendan. 

There has been far too many untactical crap games of this late to start dragging up the odd ones like Man city result . It's not the losing it's the manner of losing this season and we can all see the slow tippy tappy sideways and back style just does not work except Brendon that is.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Guest454545 said:

And back down to 8th again once Suarez left.

Rodgers is a good manager, better than Ole, but still not the manager I see pushing a top club on. His European record is too iffy for me.

Edited by Fox92