Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

4 minutes ago, NasPb said:

I'd rather have dyche than Potter here tbh, and I'd prefer Rodgers miles over both 

It's funny, isn't it? I don't think Dyche would be the right choice given our current squad, but his achievements in this country are far greater than Potter's, yet you wouldn't think so given the way the two managers are currently being spoken about. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

And back down to 8th again once Suarez left.

Rodgers is a good manager, better than Ole, but still not the manager I see pushing a top club on. His European record is too iffy for me.

This is fairly common view amongst Man Utd fans, but they cannot propose a better available option, often resorting to Ten Haag, Ragnick, etc. They could be better, but they certainly are not without risk. The line of Ex-Liverpool manager is a joke too. Stupid and demonstrates an unawareness (or worse, intentional ignorance) of their own history.  :rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Had it confirmed today the story is most definitely true. Moved out of his house a couple of weeks ago as well 

Interesting, if so, would rather we cracked on and get it done, write the season off as transition and build for next. Waiting until Summer will just proliferate the malaise.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

It's funny, isn't it? I don't think Dyche would be the right choice given our current squad, but his achievements in this country are far greater than Potter's, yet you wouldn't think so given the way the two managers are currently being spoken about. 

I wouldn't really want Dyche but I do like him and he's done a good job at Burnley. Looked down upon because of the way he plays but there's no right way to play football really I guess.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sithbaare said:

Leicester City aren't going to miss Brendan Rodgers. He's achieved the ceiling of where he can take this club and It can only go downhill from here. The club can go for Graham Potter and he'll take the club up further another level.

I've seen it happen for Brendan at Liverpool too. He overcomplicates and then becomes lost. Is he going to do a good job at Man Utd , He'll improve them but then he won't be a guy who can really compete with the likes of Tuchel , Pep , Klopp. Also United's transfer strategy is a shambles and Brendan won't get the support there that he gets from the transfer team at Leicester.

I appreciate that we all have our coping mechanisms but ffs, we wouldn't get near successive 5th placed finishes and an FA Cup with our next manager. Just a fact of life.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

This is fairly common view amongst Man Utd fans, but they cannot propose a better available option, often resorting to Ten Haag, Ragnick, etc. They could be better, but they certainly are not without risk. The line of Ex-Liverpool manager is a joke too. Stupid and demonstrates an unawareness (or worse, intentional ignorance) of their own history.  :rolleyes:

I assume you are referring to Matt Busby. A lot has happened since then which has resulted in the rivalry intensifying, most notably Liverpool fans mocking the Munich air disaster and Man United fans mocking Hillsborough, as well as Man United bringing an end to Liverpool's long-term dominance at a time when English football was reaching a global audience. 

7 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I wouldn't really want Dyche but I do like him and he's done a good job at Burnley. Looked down upon because of the way he plays but there's no right way to play football really I guess.

I have actually seen Burnley play some attractive football in glimpses (people on here will laugh at me for saying it, but it's true). They are an organised team that often play direct because it the most effective way for them get points because financially they are greatly outmuscled by almost every club in the league. 

Edited by BenTheFox
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, BenTheFox said:

I assume you are referring to Matt Busby. A lot has happened since then which has resulted in the rivalry intensifying, most notably Liverpool fans mocking the Munich air disaster and Man United fans mocking Hillsborough, as well as Man United bringing an end to Liverpool's long-term dominance at a time when English football was reaching a global audience. 

What does that have to do with Rodgers? Football fans have long memories, but only when it suits their rhetoric. Plenty of perceived uncrossable divides in football have been crossed with success, its only tribalistic faux outrage, and unless they want to tough it out with Ole, they need to recognise that Klopp, Guadiola, Tuchel (Conte too) are not attainable, and be brave enough to select a manager who just might be good enough given a chance. 

Would rather he stay mind :thumbup:

12 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I appreciate that we all have our coping mechanisms but ffs, we wouldn't get near successive 5th placed finishes and an FA Cup with our next manager. Just a fact of life.

We're not going to get near it again with Rodgers either. 3 years is the longest he's been at a club and already, it's not looking like he'll be a long term success here.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

And back down to 8th again once Suarez left.

Rodgers is a good manager, better than Ole, but still not the manager I see pushing a top club on. His European record is too iffy for me.

It wasn't just that Suarez left though. Didn't they also lose Sturridge for most of the season to injury? And wasn't their scouts big idea to replace both of those players with Mario Balotelli? I pity any manager having to put up with that. I mean, we lost Moussa Dembele and got Johnny Hayes. Some obstacles are insurmountable!

42 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Biggest misconception in British football. He's a lot more flexible than he looks in the pragmatic sense. He's willing to play good football when 1, he can, and when it's necessary. But he's worked magic with that squad. He's not a dinosaur like Steve bruce. If it were someone else Burnley would easily be deep in the championship 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

I think that they'll also take a look at the fact it then went to rats, got sacked and became Billy Nomates because no-one would employ until he went to Scotland where he managed to win a one horse race.

Without losing a single domestic game. 

3 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Neither should he have done, it's was like Barcelona playing Oadby Town every week 🤣🤣

He soon made a run for it when Gerrard and Rangers returned, the writing was on the wall.

Going a full season unbeaten at any level, in any country, is still a good achievement.

That's 40+ games, depending on the league. Consistency is the most difficult thing in football.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NasPb said:

Biggest misconception in British football. He's a lot more flexible than he looks in the pragmatic sense. He's willing to play good football when 1, he can, and when it's necessary. But he's worked magic with that squad. He's not a dinosaur like Steve bruce. If it were someone else Burnley would easily be deep in the championship 

It's interesting. If the choice is between Rodgers staying and appointing Dyche then I'd keep Rodgers, but I think we could certainly do worse than Dyche and if we offered him the job, I would be absolutely amazed if he didn't jump at the opportunity. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

After reading some comments on here regarding Rodgers, I think some on FT need a "Deluded foxes fans" to complement "Deluded Brendan".

absolutely! to think some replacing BR with Sean Dyche is the biggiest confusion in football. They complain how BR plays boring football.. Have you seen how SD sets up his teams? beyond embarrasing

Edited by Simoken
  • Like 2

If he ends up at Utd he’ll be gone within 2 years. He’s a good manager but he has many flaws and he’s not up to the standard that Utd would demand.  

He’s done brilliantly for us and will rightly go down as one of our best ever managers but he’s definitely hit a ceiling with us. He’s been here nearly 3 years and still doesn’t know his best formation or starting 11. Generally the only consistency we get is horrible passive football that is now failing to grind out the results required to maintain the progress thats been made.

We might not get better and we might end up returning to mid table permanently but sometimes you just need to go in a different direction and I think more generally the feeling is that both Leicester City and Brendan Rodgers could do with going their separate ways. 

5 minutes ago, Dames said:

If he ends up at Utd he’ll be gone within 2 years. He’s a good manager but he has many flaws and he’s not up to the standard that Utd would demand.  

He’s done brilliantly for us and will rightly go down as one of our best ever managers but he’s definitely hit a ceiling with us. He’s been here nearly 3 years and still doesn’t know his best formation or starting 11. Generally the only consistency we get is horrible passive football that is now failing to grind out the results required to maintain the progress thats been made.

We might not get better and we might end up returning to mid table permanently but sometimes you just need to go in a different direction and I think more generally the feeling is that both Leicester City and Brendan Rodgers could do with going their separate ways. 

so, you want to get rid of a manager that just won you 2 competitions a few months ago.. yes only a few months ago...

Edited by Simoken

Brendan Rodgers is a good manager but not as good as some think. He will keep this club in the premiership for the foreseeable future if he stays and we will have some better than average seasons. However with certain players aging and others probably leaving ,we will have a period of mid-table life. This is not a disaster , we don't need European football to remain financially stable. We will still be competing with the best teams in England and probably getting our fair share of victories. That is fine with me.

1 minute ago, Simoken said:

absolutely! to think some replacing BR with Sean Dyche is the biggiest confusion in football. They complain how BR plays boring football.. Have you seen how SD sets up his teams? beyond embarrasing

Nobody is saying that they want that to happen and they are definitely not suggesting that it would be an upgrade. However, if Man United come in for Rodgers then where do we go? Someone suggested that if it came to it they would rather we appoint Dyche than Potter and I mentioned that Dyche is given an unfair reputation. The point I made is that Dyche has achieved more in English football, which is indisputable, but it generally comes down to perception. That doesn't necessarily mean that I would rather we appoint Dyche out of the two of them either!

There has been an odd feeling about the club this season, we won the FA cup, moved into a new training ground and have announced that we’re updating the stadium and surrounding area. As a result of this we should be absolutely buzzing and full of excitement and optimism going forward, but we’re not……

Everything seems negative, limp and lifeless….. Rogers comes across differently this season, in previous seasons he was ever so slightly more animated than he is now, he just seems fed up whenever he’s interviewed and is most interviews he says bizarre things, especially after a poor performance………. If he does go it will be interesting to hear if anything happened in the summer, potentially United enquired about him and we wouldn’t allow him to speak to them or something?

Im purely speculating, but the whole attitude around the club this season has dumped, it’s like someone opened the lid of the FA cup to find a honking shit in it, something isn’t right, something is going on, and I wouldn’t be surprised if something is leaked soon. 

Or perhaps Rodgers wants to go and there have been no offers? I don’t know what’s up, but Rodgers is definitely not as up for this season as he was the last.

We are a bit Spurs this season….

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Had it confirmed today the story is most definitely true. Moved out of his house a couple of weeks ago as well 

Could you please sum up (I've been out of the loop/ignoring these Rodgers threads!), what is most definitely true?

Thanks in advance