Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, Pliskin said:

The old man works with someone who apparently lives near Rodgers, he told him he’s moved recently, apparently his wife and kids left a few weeks back. 

Still doesn’t mean he is actually going though, could just be relocating. 

maybe we should change the tiles of these threads to "Brendan's latest house move"

or maybe I'm just an Ostrich !

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Simoken said:

so, you want to get rid of a manager that just won you 2 competitions a few months ago.. yes only a few months ago...

Have any of the performances this season been up to standard? bar the Man Utd game where they were as bad as we were good.

What about the two complete collapses of top 4 challenges.

I’m not demanding he leaves but i’m not also blind to the fact that his successes have their faults. The FA Cup win was brilliant but the two 5th place finishes whilst they look good on paper should have been a lot better than they were. It wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world if Rodgers got his big move and a new manager came in with a fresh approach.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Apparently Rodgers and his family have relocated from their mansion to a two-up, two-down just off the Narborough Road because he just can't get enough of the chicken doners from Golden Spice Fish Bar. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Apparently Rodgers and his family have relocated from their mansion to a two-up, two-down just off the Narborough Road because he just can't get enough of the chicken doners from Golden Spice Fish Bar. 

This is a joke right??

He's a man of class.   The move was 100% so his family could be nearer to Maryland.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AKCJ said:

I appreciate that we all have our coping mechanisms but ffs, we wouldn't get near successive 5th placed finishes and an FA Cup with our next manager. Just a fact of life.

The squad that Leicester have , It's conceivable that they should be there contending for 5th-7th and a good Europa League run. Brendan's a very good manager though but it's not as if he's the only good manager around. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Going a full season unbeaten at any level, in any country, is still a good achievement.

That's 40+ games, depending on the league. Consistency is the most difficult thing in football.

They don't even need to be consisten though, they can be well below par and still beat most teams in that league

13 hours ago, Jakemoore said:

Totally unfair comment. How can you call BR crap at game management and tactics? He’s not without flaws but he’s been incredibly successful. We’ve had two top 6 finishes back to back and won an FA Cup under his stewardship. He can’t have done all of that if he was “crap” at tactics as you say. 

Man City 2-5 Leicester City springs to mind as one of many tactical masterclasses by Brendan. 

Can’t help but think you sugar coat that, let’s have some context, we were top 4 all season in 2 seasons except come the turn of the year we put our feet up, finishing outside the top 4 two seasons in a row on the week that really counts, the final week of both seasons despite being there all of both season. Now players have to take some responsibility for that too bearing in mind that have to be culpable of putting their feet up come the turn of the year (of which has carried on into this year and let’s have it right had us playing crap for what is approaching a calendar year now) - this what gets me when you see crocodile tears from some of the players and desires to play for a bigger club/better club.

Now last week I made the point about it not being about league position per se and it’s not, a top 6 finish, I’m happy with but the things I’ve stated are facts, context if we’re not playing well aswell as it dropping us down in the league we there a lot to be pointing a stick at isn’t there.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

Can’t help but think you sugar coat that, let’s have some context, we were top 4 all season in 2 seasons except come the turn of the year we put our feet up, finishing outside the top 4 two seasons in a row on the week that really counts, the final week of both seasons despite being there all of both season. Now players have to take some responsibility for that too bearing in mind that have to be culpable of putting their feet up come the turn of the year (of which has carried on into this year and let’s have it right had us playing crap for what is approaching a calendar year now) - this what gets me when you see crocodile tears from some of the players and desires to play for a bigger club/better club.

Now last week I made the point about it not being about league position per se and it’s not, a top 6 finish, I’m happy with but the things I’ve stated are facts, context if we’re not playing well aswell as it dropping us down in the league we there a lot to be pointing a stick at isn’t there.

Always interesting when some talks about context and only use the context that suits their view.

Yes, I agree we could have played better after February in both the 19/20 and 20/21, but we had terrible luck with injuries to key personnel in both seasons.

Fit squad at our disposal, and we finish 4th comfortably on both occasions.

This season do you think we may have performed better with an entire squad at our disposal?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Always interesting when some talks about context and only use the context that suits their view.

Yes, I agree we could have played better after February in both the 19/20 and 20/21, but we had terrible luck with injuries to key personnel in both seasons.

Fit squad at our disposal, and we finish 4th comfortably on both occasions.

This season do you think we may have performed better with an entire squad at our disposal?

I can’t stand it when fans blame injuries. Any more than when Klopp was blaming injuries

Rodgers sacked Rennie (the guy who kept our squad injury free the season we won the PL) and all of a sudden our injuries increase 🤔🤔

Now there may well not be any relevance to the above, but even then, the manager has the final say on the training regime and intensity. The buck stops with him, just how it stopped with Klopp last season 

• Like 1

People acting like he'll do poorly at United or get sacked having watched them tolerate Ole for years is a bit weird. 

He'll have a similar impact at United as he did here. He followed a couple of years of poor management from Shakespeare and Puel at Leicester and it made such a short term difference having someone actually competent. 

I've said before, I don't think Rodgers is extremely exceptional, I just think he's delivered par (which is absolutely commendable and we couldn't ask for anything more) whilst Puel was falling hilariously below it. 

It's been so long since United had a competent manager that Rodgers will seem like an absolute revelation, I think he'll be a significant short term success. It's just, eventually, they'll start realising that a club of their stature should have a world class manager and not an average-to-good one. Picking Rodgers when Conte was on the table recently, for example, is just a bit odd. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Simoken said:

absolutely! to think some replacing BR with Sean Dyche is the biggiest confusion in football. They complain how BR plays boring football.. Have you seen how SD sets up his teams? beyond embarrasing

Agreed, but you could also argue that he needs to play the way he does because of the quality of players at his disposal. What would Rodgers do at Burnley, would he be as successful in keeping them in the Premiership all this time?

Would Dyche play the same way if he had our squad at his disposal?

Could Pep work his magic at Burnley? It's the age old questions and we'll never know I suppose. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dames said:

If he ends up at Utd he’ll be gone within 2 years. He’s a good manager but he has many flaws and he’s not up to the standard that Utd would demand.  

He’s done brilliantly for us and will rightly go down as one of our best ever managers but he’s definitely hit a ceiling with us. He’s been here nearly 3 years and still doesn’t know his best formation or starting 11. Generally the only consistency we get is horrible passive football that is now failing to grind out the results required to maintain the progress thats been made.

We might not get better and we might end up returning to mid table permanently but sometimes you just need to go in a different direction and I think more generally the feeling is that both Leicester City and Brendan Rodgers could do with going their separate ways. 

Dunno - Solskjaer's lasted nearly 3 years and if he became a free agent he'd do well to get another job at this level, although admittedly he's an ex player at the most sentimental club in the country.

Their standards have dropped beyond where I thought was possible. I'm not convinced they're all I thought they were.

1 hour ago, Sithbaare said:

The squad that Leicester have , It's conceivable that they should be there contending for 5th-7th and a good Europa League run. Brendan's a very good manager though but it's not as if he's the only good manager around. 

Yep. People act like this squad is midtable standard and it clearly isn't.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

I can’t stand it when fans blame injuries. Any more than when Klopp was blaming injuries

Why do the most successful club assembly, expensive squads?

So if we had to use the u18s for the whole season because the entire first-team squad was injured, and we got relegated.  Wouldn't you think the injures that was a factor?

It is not about blame. It is about considering factors that may have impacted an outcome.

Rodgers sacked Rennie (the guy who kept our squad injury free the season we won the PL) and all of a sudden our injuries increase 🤔🤔

Dave Rennie was here for the whole of the 2019/20 season when we had a similar amount of injuries as 20/21?  

Now there may well not be any relevance to the above, but even then, the manager has the final say on the training regime and intensity. The buck stops with him, just how it stopped with Klopp last season 

How does any training regime and intensity change stop Pickford rushing out of his goal and scissor tackling Van Dijk, rupturing his ACL?  

How does it stop Fer Nino from breaking Fofana leg with a poor challenge? 

You can't stop impact injuries in matches by changing training. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Why do the most successful club assembly, expensive squads?

So if we had to use the u18s for the whole season because the entire first-team squad was injured, and we got relegated.  Wouldn't you think the injures that was a factor?

It is not about blame. It is about considering factors that may have impacted an outcome.

Dave Rennie was here for the whole of the 2019/20 season when we had a similar amount of injuries as 20/21?  

How does any training regime and intensity change stop Pickford rushing out of his goal and scissor tackling Van Dijk, rupturing his ACL?  

How does it stop Fer Nino from breaking Fofana leg with a poor challenge? 

You can't stop impact injuries in matches by changing training. 

It doesn’t stop that. 

Our two ACLs and a broken leg are horrendous luck. 

What about Maddison being constantly injured?

Evans? (Age plays a part, so where’s his reliable replacement?)

Pearson/Rennie got a heck of a lot of credit for the fitness regimes and keeping all the players fit, as did Ranieri and Rennie. 

If managers can take the credit when things are going well, but they also have to take the criticism when things aren’t going well.

Edited by The Year Of The Fox
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Yep. People act like this squad is midtable standard and it clearly isn't.

I would doubt. that any other manager around would have got us more than another two or three points this season. We have been defensively weak at times and outfought in midfield. We are indeed playing like a mid table team. We can do better of  course but that applies to a lot of other teams.

Edited by An Sionnach

8 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

It doesn’t stop that. 

Our two ACLs and a broken leg are horrendous luck. 

What about Maddison being constantly injured?

Evans? (Age plays a part, so where’s his reliable replacement?)

Pearson/Rennie got a heck of a lot of credit for the fitness regimes and keeping all the players fit, as did Ranieri and Rennie. 

Managers can’t take the credit when things are going well, but not take the criticism when things aren’t going well.

The main brains behind it all was Paul Balsom. He left last summer though sadly. 

54 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I've said before, I don't think Rodgers is extremely exceptional, I just think he's delivered par (which is absolutely commendable and we couldn't ask for anything more) whilst Puel was falling hilariously below it. 

It's been so long since United had a competent manager that Rodgers will seem like an absolute revelation, I think he'll be a significant short term success. It's just, eventually, they'll start realising that a club of their stature should have a world class manager and not an average-to-good one. Picking Rodgers when Conte was on the table recently, for example, is just a bit odd. 

Which is it? :D Extremely exceptional or average-good? Feels like there's quite a chasm between the two haha