Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Yeah I was trying to work out how to respond non-sarcastically. I figured you'd just notice eventually.

That deserved as much sarcasm as you were able to muster to be fair lol

The worst part is, I read that 3 times because I wanted to make sure I hadn't misinterpreted it, the mind sees what it wants to see apparently haha

Just now, filbertway said:

That deserved as much sarcasm as you were able to muster to be fair lol

The worst part is, I read that 3 times because I wanted to make sure I hadn't misinterpreted it, the mind sees what it wants to see apparently haha

We've all done it to be honest. I've had some howlers.

37 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I would doubt. that any other manager around would have got us more than another two or three points this season. We have been defensively weak at times and outfought in midfield. We are indeed playing like a mid table team. We can do better of  course but that applies to a lot of other teams.

I'm pretty sure some could've and I also think we're actually on more points than the performances probably deserve. Been a few moments of individual brilliance that have bailed us out.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, TaggertvsWise said:

What’s wrong with Potter? He is a great shout

Okay I’m sure nobody wants to hear this but ...why would he come.

we are not enough of a step up for most premier league managers. Of course our job is a great one but Brighton are doing well, have a good squad and decent owners who back a manager. 

We just aren’t at a level that I could see is convincing him. Especially as there are rumours he wasn’t interested in spurs

Just now, Lambert09 said:

we are not enough of a step up for most premier league managers. Of course our job is a great one but Brighton are doing well, have a good squad and decent owners who back a manager. 

We just aren’t at a level that I could see is convincing him. Especially as there are rumours he wasn’t interested in spurs

This is also true. It's a step up, but not enough of one to probably make, if that makes sense.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

It doesn’t stop that. 

Our two ACLs and a broken leg are horrendous luck. 

What about Maddison being constantly injured?

Isn't he injured because of persistent fouling? His body has been damaged by repeatedly getting battered, nothing to do with training regimes.  

Evans? (Age plays a part, so where’s his reliable replacement?)

For a start, Fofana has a broken leg, and Justin, who can also play CB, has an ACL. 

Vestiguaard needs time to settle with a new team. 

We have plenty of quality CB when they are fit. 

Pearson/Rennie got a heck of a lot of credit for the fitness regimes and keeping all the players fit, as did Ranieri and Rennie.

Managers can’t take the credit when things are going well, but not take the criticism when things aren’t going well.

And a hint of luck would we have won the league if Mahrez had an ACL and  Kante broke his leg?

Of course, it has to be balanced and measured for both, considering factors that affect performance and results.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

It's also our best ever squad 

oh i dont disagree. its certainly the strongest squad in my lifetime. 

but even with our best ever squad and statistically best manager, we didn't break the top 4. 

So do we all have to accept that we are a club that will challenge for european spots and win the odd bit of silverware? 

if so... then what does our next manager look like?? it's "unlikely" to be someone from the Elite list....

I've seen plenty of people saying on here that Rodgers isn't an elite manager (I happen to agree with that) - but doesn't that make him about the best that we could attract?

• Like 2

15 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Absolutely and many of ours have been fortuitous. At times imo we've stunk the place out. We're lucky to be where we are. One very decent win against United merely papered over the cracks. 

So have ManU. Some lucky late goals. Ronaldo digging them out of trouble. Dubious decisions by the ref. We're lucky to be where we are? Maybe. Maybe we're unlucky. Maybe we should have beat Arsenal. I mean we dominated the majority of the game, had close to double the shots on their goal. Unlucky not one of them went in, right? Unlucky those goals didn't stand against Brighton, right? Unlucky they got that Pen, right? Six points... I wonder where that'd put us,.. oh yeah above ManU and into 5th. 

Maybe maybe maybe. Though I'm sure maybe if that had happened some people would still be saying we're lucky to where we are, it all just papers over the cracks.,, 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Thank god.

2 minutes ago, Hoopla10 said:

So have ManU. Some lucky late goals. Ronaldo digging them out of trouble. Dubious decisions by the ref. We're lucky to be where we are? Maybe. Maybe we're unlucky. Maybe we should have beat Arsenal. I mean we dominated the majority of the game, had close to double the shots on their goal. Unlucky not one of them went in, right? Unlucky those goals didn't stand against Brighton, right? Unlucky they got that Pen, right? Six points... I wonder where that'd put us,.. oh yeah above ManU and into 5th. 

Maybe maybe maybe. Though I'm sure maybe if that had happened some people would still be saying we're lucky to where we are, it all just papers over the cracks.,, 

Your analysis highlights where we are , we are dangerous in attack but dodgy in defence. We are probably very lucky not to have conceded more. This is an ongoing problem ,if we can fix it we will improve our results. 

12 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I suppose it's what individuals personally see as progression really. Ignoring our fantastic facilities, we're already blest when fit with a very achievable top 5 squad. We have an excellent recruitment team and there's more chance of us investing in better players than Brighton I'd suggest even if it means one of our better players leaves.

I don't think it's surprising that he wasn't interested in the Spurs job because as we've seen with Nuno, it was poisoned chalice. Conte is far more likely to get money out of Levy than Potter would. 

7 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Has anything actually happened or are we just talking...

No.  This is a place for discussing Rodgers' worth, his housing situation and speculation on who leicester could attract to replace Rodgers.  Interesting topics but hypothetical at the mo.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Because he's the manager of a traditional lower league club that would be presented with an opportunity to manage one of the only seven clubs who have won the premier league, and a squad that is far superior to anything he has ever coached before. Hopefully it doesn't come to this though, as Potter is overrated and not a worthy successor to Brendan Rodgers. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

This is also true. It's a step up, but not enough of one to probably make, if that makes sense.

The way I see it is we are a tier 3 prem club really with a tier 2 manager whereas for all Brighton’s pedigree they are tier 3/4. I think Potter is a rung below Rodgers but with the capacity to be as good and that comes from stability and a solid club set up. That is something many tier 2 clubs haven’t got and something we can offer without ridiculous expectations of Spurs or Arsenal