Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

On 14/11/2021 at 09:33, Bazly said:

If BR goes then he goes. The football have been pretty scary to boring for at least 20 games in the league. Very second half of the table stuff. Of course manure supporters are salivating that with BR also comes Tielemans and big Wilf and little Wilf and Kasper and Barnes and Justin and Vardy. Which means there would be no one left or LC will just be rebranded as Manchester United.

Apparently, its only three players to join MU with Rodgers. Hard luck the others. Do people actually get paid to write this guff?

https://www.101greatgoals.com/news/three-leicester-city-players-brendan-rodgers-could-bring-to-manchester-united/

1 hour ago, foxinsocks said:

No.  This is a place for discussing Rodgers' worth, his housing situation and speculation on who leicester could attract to replace Rodgers.  Interesting topics but hypothetical at the mo.

What exactly is his housing situation? I'm curious because my nan is thinking about selling up her lovely two bed bungalow with glass conservatory, he might be interested. It's just outside Barrow, so close to work.   

2 minutes ago, Hoopla10 said:

What exactly is his housing situation? I'm curious because my nan is thinking about selling up her lovely two bed bungalow with glass conservatory, he might be interested. It's just outside Barrow, so close to work.   

And thus RightMove was born...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, FoxyLeon said:

There is no correlation between past success and future successes.....

If there was, Ranieri wouldn't have been sacked.

Rodgers's FA Cup win, has earnt him a summer of increased investment, with no departures from the squad.

Has this increased investment, as well as Rodgers's increased control at the club, looking like it is taking us forward? No, not at all.

The single reason, I want a another man in over Rodgers, is that I worry that the more control he is given, over recruitment for example, the sharper our decline under his tenure will be.

I can't trust a manager, who wants to take control over what is arguably the most successful recruitment team, in European Football, over the past 5-10 years.

Wanting to sign players who have 'struggled' elsewhere as 'projects'? No thanks! (He did that at Liverpool, remember Balotelli?)

Wanting to sign a holding midfielder from French Champions Lille, with one career goal, and turn him into an 'attacking midfielder'? No thanks!

His ego is costing us big time, him wanting to 'look good' and progress himself rather than actually care about us progressing.

Our fans act like he has some incredible history of achievements in the game, when in reality, his biggest success, is an FA Cup here....As well as two horrific 5th place collapses here too.

You would be a Great manager...turning achievements into catastrophic failure...

In Football at our level...we can only achieve..Some like yourself cant Read what Top 4 placings & 5th have in differences..

A Top 4 Club has those ressources & mental-strength to push themselves through right upto the last 2-3 games.

Other teams run on Empty tanks or see their driving players not available...

If you Think I am wrong, Why was it that only Really Leicester in These last 15years have Disturbed and just Scratched on those Top 6 positions.I

Our 2 s fifth were successes, Not Horrific failure...How the fcuk can you fail, at something you havent achieved before..

I would say through frustrated cynical perspectives......From fans who should know better...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Hoopla10 said:

I think he is a renter.

If your nans assets are greater than 320k (or 740k if yourgrandpa left everything to her)then your nan might look at equity release and then tuck the money into a bpr scheme sothat after only 2 years it will be iht exempt.  She can then leave this to you and your siblings and cousins.... paying no iht 

Edited by foxinsocks

I'd be really disappointed if a verbal agreement had been made, although I still doubt that would be the case. Even more so of players became aware of this, what kind of environment does that make. One thing a player agreeing to leave at the season but a manager? 

I still don't see them going for him. I think we are his ceiling to be honest. He's done a good job here and despite his limitations I'd say there is probably a decent percentage that'd we'd replace with someone worse, but that said I wouldn't be crying if he left. 

Edited by RowlattsFox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

I'd be really disappointed if a verbal agreement had been made, although I still doubt that would be the case. Even more so of players became aware of this, what kind of environment does that make. One thing a player agreeing to leave at the season but a manager? 

I still don't see them going for him. I think we are his ceiling to be honest. He's done a good job here and despite his limitations I'd say there is probably a decent percentage that'd we'd replace with someone worse, but that said I wouldn't be crying if he left. 

Thank you for that. I feel much better now.  

2 hours ago, Greg2607 said:

Statistically, Rogers is our best ever manager. He has a win Percentage of over 52%.

He isn't perfect, his footballing style has us all frustrated at times, but his stats speak for themselves.  MON by comparison has a win percentage of 38%. Pearson 48%. Ranieri was 44% (ish) and yet those 3 are revered more by the fans of our club than Rodgers is. 

so we do have to be careful what we wish for, but this could well be the golden era for us and there is a risk we regress from here. 

Of course, it could also be the start and maybe we grow from here. who knows!

He also has the greatest resources.

You can't compare Rodgers - a brand new training ground, new ground (or "new-ish" ground) and the ability to go out and spend £30m on a young French centre back - with Martin O'Neill who was signing players from Crewe and playing home games in a 100 year old ground.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

He also has the greatest resources.

You can't compare Rodgers - a brand new training ground, new ground (or "new-ish" ground) and the ability to go out and spend £30m on a young French centre back - with Martin O'Neill who was signing players from Crewe and playing home games in a 100 year old ground.

Thats why he should be judged against his contemporaries, any historic compairsons are fanciful at best.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Thats why he should be judged against his contemporaries, any historic compairsons are fanciful at best.

Totally. I don't know why people are obsessed with comparisons of old managers and trying to put other good work down.

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Totally. I don't know why people are obsessed with comparisons of old managers and trying to put other good work down.

who are we classing as his contemporaries then?  

I was saying he was statistically the best manager we've had, I also suggested he's probably the best manager we could get given the size and stature of our club, as our best ever squad still couldn't break into the top 4...... you then suggested we couldn't compare him to MON, as that was too long ago..... (rodgers bought a player from Luton by the way and he seemed to do ok...)

if we are comparing him to his current contemporaries, he is the 12th best coach in the premier league... so therefore we can do better. 

potter in.

9 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

....probably we could compare Rodgers against Ranieri as to 15/16 in the case of if Rodgers was in place at the time, would it have happened!!!

I think judging by what we have witnessed recently there is only one answer.

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

....probably we could compare Rodgers against Ranieri as to 15/16 in the case of if Rodgers was in place at the time, would it have happened!!!

I think judging by what we have witnessed recently there is only one answer.

But on the flipside of the coin, I don't think Rodgers would ever have us hurtling towards the championship either. 

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Isn't he injured because of persistent fouling? His body has been damaged by repeatedly getting battered, nothing to do with training regimes.  

For a start, Fofana has a broken leg, and Justin, who can also play CB, has an ACL. 

Vestiguaard needs time to settle with a new team. 

We have plenty of quality CB when they are fit. 

And a hint of luck would we have won the league if Mahrez had an ACL and  Kante broke his leg?

Of course, it has to be balanced and measured for both, considering factors that affect performance and results.

im usually more optimistic but vestergaard aint gonna cut it here. if rodgers had more cojones he would ties like claudio with hernandez and instead go for someone whos actually decent and has experience. id say even egan from sheffield. ideally tarko though

My main frustration right now is the lack of certainty. I am aware that it’s not as simple as this but I’d rather United just either go in for him or just keep Ole. I absolutely hate this lack of clarity and fear that this will serve as an unhelpful distraction for our players tbh.

7 hours ago, AKCJ said:

I appreciate that we all have our coping mechanisms but ffs, we wouldn't get near successive 5th placed finishes and an FA Cup with our next manager. Just a fact of life.

I still see no evidence that Graham Potter is going to do significantly better.

That move seems like it is destined to be underwhelming. Just too much noise and not enough substance yet, for me.

34 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

If He was to leave on These points made in this story.....I would be very disappointed in him, & the club...& PL allowing Media to Run the show..!!

It devalues this very season & PL competition...Where in the future the PL has to somehow Shut the gate in Club & their Media releases & Contract signings.

So much that they can cancel the Business-Contract & I could think of 2-3 reasons why.

The players would have no "us the team" reason to go put & give that extra percent. If takes that inner-fight & Spirit away,corrupts younger players attitude

towards their future attitude of game day Play & future business...

Hypocritically Blows Away any idea of caring for kids approach towards the game...Kids are very astute, also to the Minor movements...

2/3 of a season knowing ( Not thinking) a manager is Leaving for other climes.. FCUKS  up all relationships across the board, if TOP has allowed this,

Then his Business Sense also has to be questioned..

Plus all Football authorities & actors in this Theater...Are & have taken the p*ss ...Out of my & your Club Leicester city...

In Principal ,I wouldnt want to support such unproffesional actions and wouldnt  want to Watch one pretence game..

9 minutes ago, NasPb said:

im usually more optimistic but vestergaard aint gonna cut it here. if rodgers had more cojones he would ties like claudio with hernandez and instead go for someone whos actually decent and has experience. id say even egan from sheffield. ideally tarko though

...not much that he can do right now, his hands are tied!!!

Playing a back four must be his go to, as Evans and Soyuncu are available as a partnership and Amartey as the next option.

One thing is for sure Rogers wont last 18 months at Utd. No matter what his ego says he isn't an elite manger, he is a very good manager for a team like Leicester, the likes of Utd, Liverpool etc are a step to far I feel.

In the big games he goes missing, looks tactically devoid of ideas, especially when plan a is not working. It is easy for a top manager to set up in a way to beat a Rodgers team and Rodgers is too stubborn to adapt his ways.  

58 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Really hope this is true. Because Ole deserves the chance to turn it around.

Deep down you have to wonder what the United hierarchy is thinking about Ronaldo and the impact Rodgers and staff have had on Vardy and Iheanacho. Their mouths have to be watering a little bit.:D

How many thought Vardy would still be having the impact that he does. How many wanted "The Senior Man" gone.

Do you ever get tired of being wrong? Really hope Rodgers finishes out the season here and proves you wrong again.