Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, Stadt said:

I think we’re going to seriously struggle over the coming months. We’re playing games every 3 or 4 days in December then we’re going to be f ucked when Ndidi, Amartey and Iheanacho leave for the ACN.

Vestergaard and Choudhury will be playing a lot more often :S

Hopefully get Chris Richards or Chris Smalling on loan in January.

• Like 1

Just now, pmcla26 said:

No point having Lookman? Really? 

And yeah Choudhury hasn’t kicked on as we hoped, but he’s another body that we needed for Europa League registration rules and he can still do a job. 

Read again.

I said another Lookman or Choudhury as in another player of that quality level on top of what already have.

On 15/11/2021 at 17:49, Cardiff_Fox said:

Whilst the story is true about him moving etc, has anyone considered that his wife is originally from the area? He met her whilst at Liverpool and she has a child from a previous relationship. Could be something far more human at play 

Mate you are being too sensible. It’s clear from various comments that a lot of fans want him to go. God knows why, but I wouldn’t blame him for leaving, two fifth places and the cup, but he still gets loads of toxic comments from so called fans. 

We are all entitled to our opinion, but the stick he gets is totally unwarranted in my opinion! It was much more fun supporting city 30 / 40 years ago, nowadays nobody is satisfied unless you win every game 5-0. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, deep blue said:

What message does it give to our squad players if Rodgers doesn't trust them, isn't prepared to give them a go in place of Tielemans?  What is a squad for?  Why does it make sense to treat any player as unmissable? You only store up trouble for yourself in the longer term.

It's true there is no direct replacement for Tielemans within our squad, just as we've never found a direct replacement for Mahrez, but what you do is to use the resources at your disposal and weave them together in subtly different combinations in order to effect a similar whole team performance.

When your team is not performing, you'd be daft to want to drop your match winners and key players just to give squad players (who are not as good as the starters) a go, especially when those starters haven't been playing particularly poorly. How would that make the key player feel?

Edited by Beechey

1 hour ago, BoyJones said:

Mate you are being too sensible. It’s clear from various comments that a lot of fans want him to go. God knows why, but I wouldn’t blame him for leaving, two fifth places and the cup, but he still gets loads of toxic comments from so called fans. 

We are all entitled to our opinion, but the stick he gets is totally unwarranted in my opinion! It was much more fun supporting city 30 / 40 years ago, nowadays nobody is satisfied unless you win every game 5-0. 

...no, we just want them to turn up in games...that's all..!!!

1 hour ago, BoyJones said:

I’d be ok with a few more 4-2s but that’s as far as I’m going..

56 minutes ago, Beechey said:

When your team is not performing, you'd be daft to want to drop your match winners and key players just to give squad players (who are not as good as the starters) a go, especially when those starters haven't been playing particularly poorly. How would that make the key player feel?

...if the key player has been ran into the ground, then it is a wise call to dispense with his game and rotate!!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...if the key player has been ran into the ground, then it is a wise call to dispense with his game and rotate!!!

If Tielemans and the sports science team agree he’s not run into the ground, which we have to assume is the case considering he’s still playing, then why would he be dropped?

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Beechey said:

If Tielemans and the sports science team agree he’s not run into the ground, which we have to assume is the case considering he’s still playing, then why would he be dropped?

Think the efficacy of fans eye test with regards to players fitness is of questionable value/accuracy  lol

I agree, the player and sports science decides as maybe he just needs to keep his engine running all the time

17 hours ago, Stadt said:

I think we’re going to seriously struggle over the coming months. We’re playing games every 3 or 4 days in December then we’re going to be f ucked when Ndidi, Amartey and Iheanacho leave for the ACN.

Vestergaard and Choudhury will be playing a lot more often :S

Forgot about this. With AFCON and this half of the season looking a bit stale this season's looking a bit of a write off tbqh, at least in the league. Best we can hope for I think is a full strength eleven in the last three months and a cup final for any of the three competitions we're in.

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Think the efficacy of fans eye test with regards to players fitness is of questionable value/accuracy  lol

I agree, the player and sports science decides as maybe he just needs to keep his engine running all the time

...the value of him on the pitch is his ability to create in an instance and we have, it appears no one like him at the club!!!

The real value is having someone who is robust enough, can play at a high level more than sporadically and provides greater minutes of quality throughout the game. He gives the ball away a lot, does not cover the ground very quickly and that is a price we have been willing to pay. 

We need more minutes of his quality (does not mean barnstorming goals, or exquisite passes, just basic passes where you can orchestrate the play) on the pitch, and playing all year round for his country as well as our team, so far as I see, does not help.

5 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...the value of him on the pitch is his ability to create in an instance and we have, it appears no one like him at the club!!!

The real value is having someone who is robust enough, can play at a high level more than sporadically and provides greater minutes of quality throughout the game. He gives the ball away a lot, does not cover the ground very quickly and that is a price we have been willing to pay. 

We need more minutes of his quality (does not mean barnstorming goals, or exquisite passes, just basic passes where you can orchestrate the play) on the pitch, and playing all year round for his country as well as our team, so far as I see, does not help.

It may seem this way on an eye test, but this is what sports science are paid to advise upon. I cannot believe we would put him at above normal physical risk by playing him more than is agreed via the data and both parties.

9 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Ole will be gone if they don't win at the weekend and if they fcuk up in the CL which is finely poised next week then they'll pull the trigger IMO.

Buckle up lads, I can see Claudio doing a number on them.

One thing to perhaps keep in mind over the next few weeks is that the Manchester Evening News is another Reach rag with no insider info.

Eurosport’s sources don’t seem reliable, and HITC’s even less so.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

If you look at their run of fixtures in the league, I think that they’ll keep him regardless (well, as long as they don’t get spanked in either game) as they have a long patch where they should be winning every game.

I think that their owners will do everything they can to stretch his tenure out for as long as possible with Ole and the time he’s got left on his current deal. 

You might be right but usually teams look to bin their manager when about to embark on an easier run as it usually helps aid the new manager bounce and set the momentum going. They opt not to and the current incumbent carries on underperforming and their chance of top 4 becomes very much a long shot.

Will depend who their target is, if its Rodgers and he wants to wait until the summer then they might have to give him an ultimatum of now or never and like with us, he'd have to take it.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Jordan said:

One thing to perhaps keep in mind over the next few weeks is that the Manchester Evening News is another Reach rag with no insider info.

Eurosport’s sources don’t seem reliable, and HITC’s even less so.

I'm from Manchester and the MEN reporting this is absolutely nothing to worry about. Purely focus on click bait headlines as they know United fans will read it, they're horrendous.

“Firstly, it’s really disrespectful for you to ask the question when there is a manager in place at the club. Secondly, I can’t comment on it because it’s not real. I’m proud to be here at Leicester City. The only thing I’m thinking about is Chelsea and getting ready for that."

"It’s frustrating for supporters and my players, but from a personal perspective, it’s something that it’s in the modern game, but something I have no focus on whatsoever.”

I asked Brendan about the continuing project. He told @talkSPORT: “We’ve not been as consistent as what we have been. We can have a period of time now where we can get to work. My own commitment, I’ve got a huge respect for Khun Top and the protection of his legacy."

"My relationship with him, Susan Whelan and Jon Rudkin, we’re together and we’re looking to push on. I feel I’m in the right place. I work with a calibre of players we’re trying to maximise their potential. That’s why I’m so happy here.”

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

‘speculation’ - of course it’s speculation from those who know nothing about it……...doesn’t mean it’s right/wrong speculation 

‘proud to be Lcfc manager’ ……glad to hear it but means nothing re his future plans 

quite a way from ‘I’m Lcfc manager until the board tell me that I’m no longer wanted here’ 

let’s see how this evolves because it isn’t going away and two pressers per week plus post game stuff will surely force him to be more specific 

• Like 2