Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

13 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

‘speculation’ - of course it’s speculation from those who know nothing about it……...doesn’t mean it’s right/wrong speculation 

‘proud to be Lcfc manager’ ……glad to hear it but means nothing re his future plans 

quite a way from ‘I’m Lcfc manager until the board tell me that I’m no longer wanted here’ 

let’s see how this evolves because it isn’t going away and two pressers per week plus post game stuff will surely force him to be more specific 

What do you expect him to do?

9 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

What do you expect him to do?

repeat what he said last month which I wrote in my post  - that removes all the speculation from his side. 

it’s easier to say - ‘ I told you my position a month ago and nothing has changed from my side because only the Lcfc board can change things’   than come out with all the other stuff which is open to interpretation 

you would think that at some point a journo will bring up that quote and put it back to him now in respect of the United position rather than newcastle. 

Edited by st albans fox

27 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

‘speculation’ - of course it’s speculation from those who know nothing about it……...doesn’t mean it’s right/wrong speculation 

‘proud to be Lcfc manager’ ……glad to hear it but means nothing re his future plans 

quite a way from ‘I’m Lcfc manager until the board tell me that I’m no longer wanted here’ 

let’s see how this evolves because it isn’t going away and two pressers per week plus post game stuff will surely force him to be more specific 

Read the actual quote what Moore has put up rather than Bourne looking for Twitter traffic 

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

repeat what he said last month which I wrote in my post  - that removes all the speculation from his side. 

it’s easier to say - ‘ I told you my position a month ago and nothing has changed from my side because only the Lcfc board can change things’   than come out with all the other stuff which is open to interpretation 

you would think that at some point a journo will bring up that quote and put it back to him now in respect of the United position rather than newcastle. 

Leicester City manager Brendan Rodgers says he’s “fully committed” to the Foxes following speculation over the international break linking him with Manchester United.

Rodgers: “I’ve got a huge respect for Khun Top and the protection of his father’s legacy.” “I feel I’m in the right place, at the right time, with the right people.”

What more is there to say?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

16 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Hoi want to walk the ball into the net...:nono:

Just because he doesn't Spring to your wishes...doesn't mean be is doing anything wrong.

Too many fans believe Everytime that they have Devine right to Ride the high horses...

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Leicester City manager Brendan Rodgers says he’s “fully committed” to the Foxes following speculation over the international break linking him with Manchester United.

Rodgers: “I’ve got a huge respect for Khun Top and the protection of his father’s legacy.” “I feel I’m in the right place, at the right time, with the right people.”

He has said everything and nothing , not fooling anyone! Including top.

maybe someone should have asked Rodgers if he or his representatives had been contacted by Manchester United regarding the manergiral position at the club.?

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Man U! I hate Man U!

In best Biff fashion:

Manure GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Fox in the house said:

Who is he trying to fool?

He's not been offered the Man U job. It's speculation, nothing more. 

He has responded in light of that speculation. 

If you are expecting him to rule himself out of the running to be the manager of Man U in the future, you are very naïve. 

22 minutes ago, Fox in the house said:

maybe someone should have asked Rodgers if he or his representatives had been contacted by Manchester United regarding the manergiral position at the club.?

He would say no, his not going to admit he's or Man U have broken the rules.

• Like 1

He’s not going to join United during the season. I think he’s too loyal to do that. Yes he left Celtic mid season but that was different. They were riding a pretty easy wave to a 3rd title under him and he probably knew they would get it done with or without him. I think with us he would feel like he’s let himself down if he left us in 11th in the table having had two top 6 finishes. He will want to finish this season strongly and get us back up the table and then maybe, possibly he may join United. But I still wouldn’t bet on. 

I would however, bet on him joining Man City in 2023 when Pep leaves. He has pretty much made it public knowledge that he would like a sabbatical and there’s a lot of noise around Man City being interested in Brendan. However, that will only happen if we finish this season strongly and get back up in to the top 6 and then have another top 6 finish next season or at the very least win another trophy. If that happens and he then heads off to Man City he will go with my best wishes and a thank you for 5 incredible years. If he leaves now I’ll feel as bitter as a lemon. 

1 hour ago, Fox in the house said:

Damned if you do, Damned if you don't... 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, turlo said:

Clear enough?

image.png.7b50726213553fe84e24bfd44735f75f.png

Alf Bentley: "I'm happy and proud to be a Foxes Talk poster. I'm fully committed to this forum, my fellow posters and the site owner. All the other noise around is something I can't control, it's frustrating to see these rumours. I'm a Foxes Talk poster", he said to Sky.........before adding "but if Bentley's Roof make a firm offer, chuck me a few million and give me a challenging, high-profile moderator position, you won't see me for dust, shipmates!" :whistle:

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, turlo said:

Clear enough?

image.png.7b50726213553fe84e24bfd44735f75f.png

28 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yes but I am sure you will get the normal ‘well he would say that’ garbage. lol

Not exactly garbage though, is it? We've seen on countless occasions managers say one thing and then do the other. He may well be telling the truth, but you should definitely take it with at very least a pinch of salt. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Not exactly garbage though, is it? We've seen on countless occasions managers say one thing and then do the other. He may well be telling the truth, but you should definitely take it with at very least a pinch of salt. 

It Is garbage at this point, just unwelcome speculation to distract those involved for nothing more than clicks online or am I missing a story somewhere?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Corky said:

Brendan did exactly the right thing. Incredible how he can be asked about a job not even available.

Cannot stand the football press at times.

Disrespectful to Villa and to be honest, to Solskjaer, in one day is pretty impressive from the media, but when the whole of the mainstream media is now based on shit slinging, it’s not exactly a surprise

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Who is he trying to fool?

He's not been offered the Man U job. It's speculation, nothing more. 

He has responded in light of that speculation. 

If you are expecting him to rule himself out of the running to be the manager of Man U in the future, you are very naïve. 

He would say no, his not going to admit he's or Man U have broken the rules.

Not naive.

What's the point in saying I'm happy and proud to be Leicester manager,  I'm fully committed to this club, players, and ownership. 

So as you are saying man United come calling in the near future,  he's going to walk away.

As I texted he has said everything and nothing. 

I'm well aware what he would do. 

• Like 1