Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Given the rumours and speculation during the international break, the press were obviously going to ask him about it, and he said what he had to say, disrespectfull to Ollie and leicester, he loves it here and is proud to be the manager blah de blah!   Doesn't change the fact that if man utd come in for him he will be gone though.

• Like 4

I feel like he's still got work to do here. Needs to show some adaptation to his methods. 

I also think he'll benefit from the remorseless climber image that people have labelled him with by staying with us for a bit. The real big jobs will look favourably on that kind of attitude, I think. 

50 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

What we all can do without is the constant " we should sack him " crap every time we lose. I swear some people believe we should win every match. Rodgers's teams win more than they lose and that will do for me.

We've lost the same amount as we've won this season, that is mid table form and not good enough long term but I get your point.

• Like 1

Fair play, as much as we say Rodgers doesnt adapt... he has clearly learnt from not quashing the Arsenal rumours and the effect it had on the squad. Good to hear him come out and shoot so straight, very rarely does he comment on speculation. 

Hopefully thats enough for us to all get behind him and have some faith we can get something out of the season still. Theres plenty to play for and the potential of  JJ and fofana being available in the new year could make us an entirely different proposition. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

Fair play, as much as we say Rodgers doesnt adapt... he has clearly learnt from not quashing the Arsenal rumours and the effect it had on the squad. Good to hear him come out and shoot so straight, very rarely does he comment on speculation. 

Hopefully thats enough for us to all get behind him and have some faith we can get something out of the season still. Theres plenty to play for and the potential of  JJ and fofana being available in the new year could make us an entirely different proposition. 

‘learnt from quashing the arsenal rumours’ 😂😂😂😂

he got exactly what he wanted out of the arsenal rumours. A fat pay rise. 

Edited by daddylonglegs
  • Like 1

Just now, daddylonglegs said:

‘Not learnt from quashing the arsenal rumours’ 😂😂😂😂

he got exactly what he wanted out of the arsenal rumours. A fat pay rise. 

Hes also allowed to do Good business...We Live in a capitilist society...

5 hours ago, lifted*fox said:

I believe him personally. I've never felt he was looking to move but then I'm probably not as susceptible to journo nonsense trash as others on here.

I doubt he'd dare drag Top's name and the legacy of Vichai into that sentence if he had an inkling he was going.

Some people on here look for any old smoke to start a fire. 

That was significant to me - the rest of what he said wasn’t 

14 minutes ago, FezzaSAFC said:

I'm a Sunderland fan, just joined, don't even know why I'm here, I just always liked Leicester. I live in Scotland and this very much feels like how it was before Rodgers left Celtic for your lot. Don't worry, you'll have plenty of managers interested in the job and you'll kick on! I really do hope so anyway. Top club, top fans and you all deserve the very best.

Very decent of you.

• Like 1

Guest Danny Clender

BR - “We’ve not been as consistent as what we have been. We can have a period of time now where we can get to work. My own commitment, I’ve got a huge respect for Khun Top and the protection of his legacy. My relationship with him, Susan Whelan and Jon Rudkin, we’re together and we’re looking to push on. I feel I’m in the right place. I work with a calibre of players we’re trying to maximise their potential. That’s why I’m so happy here.”

BR - “Firstly, it’s really disrespectful for you to ask the question when there is a manager in place at the club. Secondly, I can’t comment on it because it’s not real. I’m proud to be here at Leicester City. The only thing I’m thinking about is Chelsea and getting ready for that. It’s frustrating for supporters and my players, but from a personal perspective, it’s something that it’s in the modern game, but something I have no focus on whatsoever.”

BR say's, regarding the speculation surrounding links to Man U, "it's not real", I think this actually means it is real.

There's just something not right about all of this...I'm now convinced he's leaving, Lampard will be our manager this Sunday. 

6 minutes ago, Danny Clender said:

BR say's, regarding the speculation surrounding links to Man U, "it's not real", I think this actually means it is real.

There's just something not right about all of this...I'm now convinced he's leaving, Lampard will be our manager this Sunday. 

lol You're probably right about BR leaving for MU at some point but not a chance of Lampard by Sunday.