Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

The speed we are going backwards is alarming. Think it's time for a change. 12 PL games and we've had one good performance. The new signings haven't helped us. The Europa League has been mostly poor. Seems like the players need a new voice, new ideas and a fresh approach. 

• Like 4

Based on Expected Goals we should have won just 3 games this season. 

1 - Burnley - Drew 2-2 and was behind for 70 minutes

2 - Man United - Won 4-2, but twice went behind and were helped by Man U defending was as good as uf

3 - Arsenal - Lost 2-0, game was already lost before we started playing

BR has us set-up so we can't create chances until the game is gone - again and again - oh and look again today we change at half time when it is too late.

We are in real danger of United not even wanting him at this rate. Brendan we love you but for ****s sake man, sort this out. everyone can see the glaring issues that you seemingly can't, we aren't football managers, it's more complex that we can imagine and we don't see the day to day running of the club, but anyone can see that 3 attackers that like to get in behind being supplied by 2 defensive midfielders does not work. Anyone can see our midfield is overrun yet instead of fixing it, you continue, it took 60 minutes to have a shot on goal today. Simply not good enough even against Chelsea. 

The end of season meltdowns we have come to expect are now seemingly becoming the norm. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JonnyBoy said:

Anyone got any stats from last 10 games of last season to now? Would be frightening and relegation form I think 

Last 10 league games of last season and this seasons league games would be 28 points from 22 games (13 and 15 points) - 1.27 points per game, over a full season 48 points which would be 12th last season

1 minute ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Quickly pencilled this down, should be accurate unless i've made a glaring mistake. 

P22 W8 D4 L10 (not including current game)

So essentially bottom half form but not quite relegation form. A very thin silver line.

Has to go. Arguably the best squad we've had and look what's happening. I'd question the transfer buys as well and if congerton is being allowed free rein. Soumare should've never have been bought, we needed a play maker in the centre mid of the pitch. Lookman should've never have been loaned. The club have had years to nail down a top dollar RW player and they didn't. 

Just now, Nalis said:

So essentially bottom half form but not quite relegation form. A very thin silver line.

Yep, we've had injuries, but with our squad we still should be trying to fight for top 6. Worrying long term form at present and BR does not seem to have any idea how to fix it. 
I don't want to turn this into a witch hunt as I really do like him, but his career has been successful but with a common theme of his teams choking when it matters. Won trophies obviously, so can't call him average, but his teams always seem to undo themselves and that stops him being considered 'Elite'. 

Liverpool meltdown, Celtic dominating Scotland but were terrible in Europe and seemed to be really negative vs poorer teams, Our annual end of year meltdown and the common theme being below par in Europe against inferior opposition. I really desperately want to see him turn this around but I just can't. 

The end of season meltdown has been going on for 22 games now. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I will say, it's really damn sad that as a fanbase so many of us have lost faith in BR, unlike previous managers where we wanted them to go because we had "gone off them" or just did not like them, with BR I would say the heavy majority really want him to do well here and stay with us, but this half arsed football has been going on for far too long now. 

• Like 1