Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Pointed out to me that him being linked to every big job is terrible for the dressing room morale and mentality. 

he’s only here until he eventually gets one of these gigs - the players aren’t stupid and know he isn’t committed 

I can’t see how we get out of this repetitive  cycle …. the manager simply can’t say he will be here forever because he has ambitions to manage a bigger club. If he says that he can achieve everything he wants to over the next three or fours seasons with us then no one will believe him. I suppose this is why clubs aren’t bothered about changing managers so often !

• Like 4

He won't get sacked  he will leave on his terms as the club would not want to see him at another Premier league club doing what he did in is first 2 seasons at the club.i am sitting on the fence about should he stay or go.He hs to take the blame but so should the players who just have not performed at the level they know the can

Rodgers for whatever reason seems to be unable to motivate some or know what to do with others....he's p**sing in the wind!  Did our crash and burn finales for two seasons running lose a few of the players? I would start to question my boss if he keeps falling at the last hurdle.  Players are not different to all of us and look for someone else to blame rather than themselves, I know we won the FA cup, but for some of the foreign players it is all about CL football. 

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Pointed out to me that him being linked to every big job is terrible for the dressing room morale and mentality. 

he’s only here until he eventually gets one of these gigs - the players aren’t stupid and know he isn’t committed 

I can’t see how we get out of this repetitive  cycle …. the manager simply can’t say he will be here forever because he has ambitions to manage a bigger club. If he says that he can achieve everything he wants to over the next three or fours seasons with us then no one will believe him. I suppose this is why clubs aren’t bothered about changing managers so often !

The problem we have is that, as a club, we are good enough to be challenging for honours, but not big enough to do it year in, year out. 

For us to challenge we have to have an ambitious, talented manager.  The problem is, if our ambitious, talented manager achieves some success then they attract attention.  Unfortunately, for us, an ambitious, talented manager will always see us as a stepping stone.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nnfox said:

The problem we have is that, as a club, we are good enough to be challenging for honours, but not big enough to do it year in, year out. 

For us to challenge we have to have an ambitious, talented manager.  The problem is, if our ambitious, talented manager achieves some success then they attract attention.  Unfortunately, for us, an ambitious, talented manager will always see us as a stepping stone.

So the grown up thing to do is to allow them to move on when interest comes in rather than trying to hang into them - this maybe not the situation here because there is no evidence that the manager has wanted to take any of the jobs he’s been linked to - but something isn’t right behind the scenes - could be as simple  as the players being mentality screwed after missing out both seasons on the CL. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoboFox said:

He sounds very lost on RL. “Didn’t play with belief” speaks volumes. 

Belief in what you’re asking them to do, Brendan?

This, he had no answers 

The best bit was his answer to why we cannot defend set pieces- we’re working on it, working on what exactly?

• Like 1

Today's interview on RL was the first time I can remember where he's talked of a side being way better than us. That's true but the focus isn't on the opposition. We didn't lay a glove on them. We didn't press them, we weren't aggressive, and apparently now the set pieces are "a concern". Really? The rest of us have been concerned for 3 seasons.

Lose to Legia and/or Watford and he'll be a dead man walking with this board and these owners. Below mid-table, out of Europe and dis-satisfied punters.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, nnfox said:

Exactly. We’re caught in a trap which either leads to short term success with a talented manager who then leaves or we hire a manager who proves to be crap and takes us into a relegation battle. We have to hope we hire the talented manager but accept we are a stepping stone club I’m afraid. I’ve supported them since 1968 and it’s always been the same, talented players and managers leave after a couple of seasons or so.

1 hour ago, Phenom said:

There are better options: Potter, Galtier, Gasperini…

We’re not going in and taking Gasperini midseason, certainly not with Castagne in the squad. 

And we’re not taking Galtier less than one year after he joined Nice. 

Edited by The_77

I think our biggest mistake was not building the squad around the 4-1-4-1 system. Chelsea, Liverpool & West Ham are great examples of building around a system and being successful. Conte will soon have Spurs running like clockwork in his 3atb system.

All this ‘we need to be tactically flexible’ is a load of nonsense to be honest. Only Man City have the resources to change systems every week.

If you build around a system you are less likely to be impacted by injuries also. When the system is more important than the individual, squad players (like Nat Phillips and Rhys Williams for Liverpool last season), can fill in and do a good job.  Our squad players (Albrighton for example), are being asked to play here, there and everywhere. Soumare has played as a DM, in Tielemans position & as a box to box this season already. It must be a nightmare trying to stay consistent when you’re constantly being asked to play different roles.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, andy peake said:

Exactly. We’re caught in a trap which either leads to short term success with a talented manager who then leaves or we hire a manager who proves to be crap and takes us into a relegation battle. We have to hope we hire the talented manager but accept we are a stepping stone club I’m afraid. I’ve supported them since 1968 and it’s always been the same, talented players and managers leave after a couple of seasons or so.

Talented manager perhaps, but I'm not sure where he's hoping to step to next with our performances in this calendar year. For all the talk of Arsenal, then Spurs, then United, he's still here. His first two seasons were incredible and the levels we were hitting were the best football I'd ever seen us play but the last 12 months have seen 10 or 11 wins either side of the cup win. And if he thinks that winning a trophy recently will make him immune from being sacked he can talk to the opposition manager next week about that. This isn't a board or ownership that accepts average.

• Like 1