Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

4 minutes ago, iancognito said:

Talented manager perhaps, but I'm not sure where he's hoping to step to next with our performances in this calendar year. For all the talk of Arsenal, then Spurs, then United, he's still here. His first two seasons were incredible and the levels we were hitting were the best football I'd ever seen us play but the last 12 months have seen 10 or 11 wins either side of the cup win. And if he thinks that winning a trophy recently will make him immune from being sacked he can talk to the opposition manager next week about that. This isn't a board or ownership that accepts average.

Spot on 👍🏻

It's weird, he just seems like he's got to a point where he doesn't know what to do.

I've always criticized his subs but they're just so similar every week now. 

As for defending set pieces, it's the same thing, we know what's gonna happen every week now.

I think the most disappointing thing for me today is that he had 2 weeks to come up with a plan and it was either totally the wrong plan or executed so poorly he had to tear it up at half time.

Rodgers has always done well here when he’s had time to prepare, as soon as we’ve ended up in periods of 2 games/week we’ve really struggled to maintain standards. For him to go with the pace of Barnes and Lookman for the first half and then replace them at half time with Maddison and Iheanacho was emblematic of the muddled thinking going on at the moment. There is no coherent or consistent plan - his suggestion post match that Lookman was playing as an 8 was absolutely laughable. If those were the tactics, a) they were crazy and b) Lookman certainly wasn’t following them.

I said before kick off that the way you get at Chelsea is to attack the space between the wing backs and the wide centre backs, or if that is closed down then the space between the centre backs. Any time we looked like doing anything in the first half it came from that approach, but Barnes and Lookman were never in positions to make use of their pace. Worse still they gave free rein to Chilwell and James to get forward whenever they wanted. We’ve seen it against our back 5 time and again that the way you stop that system is to pin back the wing backs and Chilwell had so

little to do defensively he almost ended up in a free role.

I’ve not been able to go much this season so I’ve not had much of the perspective you get being at the ground but I was genuinely pretty shocked by how poorly organised we seemed to be. It’s one thing being picked apart on the counter attack but Chelsea just waltzed through us at times today even though we were playing what was to all intents and purposes a 5-4-1.

He can **** off with that bullshit. 

He's setting us up to lose in the 1st half, people are booing him and the shitty application of his players. 

The fans are being shown **** all. 

The audacity of BR telling us to get bdhind them in Europe is outrageous. 

He can **** off and start doing what he's paid for. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Brendan Rodgers blasts Leicester fans for booing his side after a resounding 3-0 home defeat by Chelsea as he claims supporters' negativity can cause 'anxiety'

so can watching them 

Quote from Talksport..

"We need the support with the players, supporting them, getting behind them, if they play backwards it's not a negative pass, it's the start of another attack. Players feel the sense of anxiety."

I don't mind the manager calling out fans but trouble is.. playing backwards is not always the start of another attack plus we didn't look arsed again. Can he not see that? 

• Like 1

Entitlement is now written through some of our fans like a stick of rock. Our players are good but not as good as so many think. Chelsea have superior players and probably a better management team. Even our best team in good form would have struggled today. We are in transition and we will have to be satisfied with mid-table this season. That is definitely not a disaster.

I don't blame the booing today to be fair. 

But the most annoying thing is when we pass backwards and then 10 seconds later we've created an attack. People sometimes lack the foresight as to why there's a pass backwards. Granted it may happen too often but that's also because further up there's not the required movement at the right time. 

So I can understand what Rodgers is saying in that quote above. 

BUT, and whilst I didn't boo today, I can actually understand why people did it today cos the performance was horribly bad. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Entitlement is now written through some of our fans like a stick of rock. Our players are good but not as good as so many think. Chelsea have superior players and probably a better management team. Even our best team in good form would have struggled today. We are in transition and we will have to be satisfied with mid-table this season. That is definitely not a disaster.

How long you been a fan for?

Guest Kopfkino

I can’t stand the booing personally but he can **** off with those comments, we’ve been awful all season. There’s all sort of excuses he’s throwing around; blaming injuries, criticising officials more, players getting criticised more, now the fans. Basically everything but him and the way he’s managing the whole thing.

Edited by Kopfkino

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

It pisses me off because people complain that other fans/the media don't treat us like a "big" club but now we're in this run of games some of our fans don't act like it either. One day we've "got a great squad", next day it's "we're not that good". Make your mind up. We aren't a side that's lucky to be competing in the Premier League, we've played between tiers 1 and 2 all of our history. 

Probably different people but youre right, the people that say were not that good are massive apologists.

And the people that complained were whiney babies.

Both sets of people are hard to respect

• Like 1