Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

4 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Is that not largely linked to the way the ticketing was done? I don’t disagree the atmosphere seemed crap but it doesn’t help when you effectively disqualify 6,000 of your most passionate supporters from attending because they’ve been to the Cup Final. Obviously that was a difficult call to make but it wouldn’t have helped.

Fair point, wasn’t aware of that. 

10 minutes ago, CyprusFox said:

Like who?

In Jan.we should bring in a veteran midfield player and immediately appoint him captain. If the current players don't like it ,they will just have to suck it up.

Edited by An Sionnach

Guest Kopfkino
5 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

He engineered a highly paid multi-year year contract at the first sniff of interest from another club. But despite that contract paying him at a level of the top 6, he’ll consistently come out and say that’s an overachievement for us.

So when he starts giving it to the fans, he’s playing a dangerous game. Despite a good performance as manager here, he’s got little patience in the bank because, ultimately, he’s a bit of a bellend isn’t he?

He’s also got a problem with being a massive bullshit merchant. At various points in his tenure he has described Kasper as one of the best in Europe, Evans as one of the best in Europe, Tielemans as one of the best in Europe and Vardy as one of the best in Europe. So in his own words he’s got one the best spines of a team in Europe and now we’re bottom half it’s actually that we’ve overachieved

22 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

I think coming out as a manager and saying that we've over achieved for 2 years is pretty horrible and negative to be fair. Basically tells the players not to bother about the result because we are not as good as we think and we shouldn't win anything. If we are underachieving, we are underachieving and some acknowledgement of that would go a long way. 

I don't see it as horrible. It's not the best thing to say after such a defeat, mind. I do think it shows perhaps the pressure is even getting to him now too. Partly because of the off-field rumours. Partly because of what he's just seen on the pitch and the lack of a performance. And probably some self reflection in that he probably knows he could do and should be doing better. 

I don't think it tells the players not to worry about results and give off the impressions we're not good enough. 

• Like 1

Ole will be out soon, and we know and always knew that Brendan was ambitious and that we would probably be a stepping stone back into what is perceived to be one of the big jobs. We are growing and the job with us is a bigger job than it has possibly ever been before but let's not kid ourselves we are not in the 'big' job bracket yet, that only comes with time and history.

Like with a player, if their head has been turned then ultimately they need to go, and we just need to financially make the best of it we can. what is important now is who comes in next ?

Patrick Viera for me, if we can lure him away from Crystal Palace. I thought he was quite a coup for them. A young manager still with plenty to prove, but who will have learned much from one of the best in Wenger. If he has taken into management what he was like as a player there will be no messing with him either. He should have the respect of every player we have, and might be a good choice from point of view of keeping Fofana if at all possible. He also seems to have the sort of integrity as a man that will work well with our owners and fit everything we are seeking to become and be known for as a club.

As for Brendan, no remorse, no wringing of hands, just thank you for moving us forward again and for some silverware.

25 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

I think coming out as a manager and saying that we've over achieved for 2 years is pretty horrible and negative to be fair. Basically tells the players not to bother about the result because we are not as good as we think and we shouldn't win anything. If we are underachieving, we are underachieving and some acknowledgement of that would go a long way. 

What does that attitude say to Top? 

To me that reads that he's gone, he downplaying the team and the club to make himself look good, I'm really not happy. 

• Like 2

Are there any Leicester fans who thinks: yeah, top 5, that's expected? Seriously? 

The last couple of seasons I have thought we could finish top 4, but injuries has derailed us both seasons.

Having strengthened the squad, we have been unlucky that the bulk of our injuries have been in a specific area, defence. 

Even today, missing Justin, fofana and Ricardo... that's pretty big. And missing Tielemans as well.... most teams would struggle.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, splinterdream said:

What does that attitude say to Top? 

To me that reads that he's gone, he downplaying the team and the club to make himself look good, I'm really not happy. 

But what if he did say we were underachieving? Is that not downplaying the team too? 

(I actually think we are given the spending and the squad and status we currently have). 

15 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Dyche would be no more of a gamble than Lampard, Potter or any others mentioned.

Dyche clearly knows how to organise a team and work on a budget, what could he do with a larger budget and better facilities? Who knows. I think for some, his face doesn't fit which I get, but he isn't a bad manager, I think he could do a good job here, just not sure if he could attract the more attractive players we want. At present his reputation is like big Sam, dependable, knows how to organise a team but would you believe he could take the club to the next level

I think if we're gambling he deserves the shout as well, feels like someone you can really get behind as well. I really don't like the idea of lamps or potter. And we wouldn't be so hopeless from set pieces as well 

8 minutes ago, StanSP said:

But what if he did say we were underachieving? Is that not downplaying the team too? 

(I actually think we are given the spending and the squad and status we currently have). 

So do I

To say we are underachieving is to say the players are better than their performance is showing and that its other factors, his interview on BT after the match, he was saying he was at fault for the first half, that the confidence wasn't there at it was his responsibility to put that right.

To say we overachieved is to say the players exceeded their level in previous seasons, that's not going to do anything for their confidence is it? 

Unless it's reverse psychology and he wants them to prove him wrong, that'd be weird though

Edited by splinterdream

1 minute ago, FOXSE said:

Are there any Leicester fans who thinks: yeah, top 5, that's expected? Seriously? 

The last couple of seasons I have thought we could finish top 4, but injuries has derailed us both seasons.

Having strengthened the squad, we have been unlucky that the bulk of our injuries have been in a specific area, defence. 

Even today, missing Justin, fofana and Ricardo... that's pretty big. And missing Tielemans as well.... most teams would struggle.

No talking sense on here. You can only post on this thread if you want Rodgers gone by the morning!

We haven't been great all season and Rodgers does have to take his fair share of blame for some wrong decisions, but some of the reaction on here is embarrassing. 

No I'm not happy with the way we're playing. But I'm a damn sight happier still with where we are than where we've been for most of the last 40 plus years I've been a fan. 

This season won't detract from how far we've come recently and I for one am not quite ready to get rid of a manger who's win rate is still much better than the majority of managers we've had in the past, even if he does have his flaws.

We still shouldn't be too quick to want someone else. We're still within touching distance of a top 6 place, even with the terrible form of late, and we've got 4 players who'd probably be in the first 11 to come back from injury. I am certain things will get better again soon, just need a couple of wins in a row under our belt to get the players back to winning ways.

So those asking for Rodger gone, I've not seen many offer better choices of a realistic replacement; and please just remember that the grass isn't always greener...

• Like 2

If United really aren’t interested in Rodgers then I think we can put 2 and 2 together as to where the rumours are coming from that they are.

Funnily enough they pop up around the same time that apparently he’s being considered for the Man City job when Guardiola leaves. Quick come and get him whilst you can because otherwise he’s going to your arch rivals in 18 months…

22 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

He’s got a real problem with accountability this guy. Or put another way, he’s egotistical.

I’m yet to hear him hold his hands up and admit he got something wrong or that a result is on him. It’s always the players or a particular player. Or the resources. Or the injuries. Or the schedule.

When asked after the Arsenal game about set pieces he gave it the “it’s never been a problem in my time here”. But it’s quite clearly a flaw that he’s failed to address. 

He engineered a highly paid multi-year year contract at the first sniff of interest from another club. But despite that contract paying him at a level of the top 6, he’ll consistently come out and say that’s an overachievement for us.

So when he starts giving it to the fans, he’s playing a dangerous game. Despite a good performance as manager here, he’s got little patience in the bank because, ultimately, he’s a bit of a bellend isn’t he?

I recall his saying last season at some point that he had chosen the team and tactics and he was wrong to do so.  Did I imagine that ?

6 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Looks like Man Utd want to really try and get Zidane…

I reckon brendon has already got the job. Hence why he got so angry in his pre match interview and why lampard randomly pulled out of that Norwich job. Reckon its all in place. Who nos though. 

• Like 1