Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

23 minutes ago, matty98 said:

It really fvcking grinds my gears when he comes out with shite like "we were overachieving before". It's utter shite, we have a fantastic squad who should be up there challenging and finishing in the top 6. Maybe the reason the players are so anxious and not performing is because the manager openly says they aren't good enough.

Big time. Wouldn't call the calamities like Bournemouth and Newcastle over achieving. 

1 minute ago, oxtonfox said:

I would rather have Claudio to be honest. Bodgers has completely lost it, the players are doubting whatever he’s saying and there is no frigging leader on the field

I'm not sure the players know what they are meant to be doing. Looked completely lost today and constantly asking for instructions in the first half. 

6 minutes ago, foxfan92 said:

No talking sense on here. You can only post on this thread if you want Rodgers gone by the morning!

We haven't been great all season and Rodgers does have to take his fair share of blame for some wrong decisions, but some of the reaction on here is embarrassing. 

No I'm not happy with the way we're playing. But I'm a damn sight happier still with where we are than where we've been for most of the last 40 plus years I've been a fan. 

This season won't detract from how far we've come recently and I for one am not quite ready to get rid of a manger who's win rate is still much better than the majority of managers we've had in the past, even if he does have his flaws.

We still shouldn't be too quick to want someone else. We're still within touching distance of a top 6 place, even with the terrible form of late, and we've got 4 players who'd probably be in the first 11 to come back from injury. I am certain things will get better again soon, just need a couple of wins in a row under our belt to get the players back to winning ways.

So those asking for Rodger gone, I've not seen many offer better choices of a realistic replacement; and please just remember that the grass isn't always greener...

Agree with so much here but there are no excuses for him not sorting our set pieces. We’re so soft currently and he’s responsible for finding a solution, to an issue that’s been damaging us for too long. 

4 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

I would rather have Claudio to be honest. Bodgers has completely lost it, the players are doubting whatever he’s saying and there is no frigging leader on the field

Today was very Claudio losing 3-0 at home to Man U. Top club who have weaknesses but let them walk all over you 

Most important thing for me is we shouldn’t be pissing our first few years in this incredible training facility away with someone who isn’t committed or doesn’t want to be there. 

It should be an honour to drive into that place every day and that’s what we need from the next man in charge whenever the time comes! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

Most important thing for me is we shouldn’t be pissing our first few years in this incredible training facility away with someone who isn’t committed or doesn’t want to be there. 

It should be an honour to drive into that place every day and that’s what we need from the next man in charge whenever the time comes! 

Who every we get, be it a player or a manager will always see us as a stepping stone. 

Whether that be an O'Neill or a Rodgers, a Kante or a Mahrez.

8 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Agree with so much here but there are no excuses for him not sorting our set pieces. We’re so soft currently and he’s responsible for finding a solution, to an issue that’s been damaging us for too long. 

Oh I said that in the match thread.

There's a lot of things Rodgers is doing that I question, and not addressing this or at least trying something different is a constant niggle.

However I believe things will soon turn around under him, while his tactics aren't always spot on, he has shown over the last few seasons he's capable of getting us on winning runs and looking good for a period of time (yes the opposite is also true) and he has a reputation of developing players and I think he needs more time for us to benefit properly from this.

Those questioning Soumare (who isn't playing well right now) might find that given time to adjust properly, we end up with a gem. Not all players are going to adapt as quickly as Fofana and I think Rodgers can help a number of younger players, like KDH reach their potential.

But your point is a fair one, and I have no idea why we don't do something to improve defending set pieces.

• Like 3