Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

10 minutes ago, foxfan92 said:

Oh I said that in the match thread.

There's a lot of things Rodgers is doing that I question, and not addressing this or at least trying something different is a constant niggle.

However I believe things will soon turn around under him, while his tactics aren't always spot on, he has shown over the last few seasons he's capable of getting us on winning runs and looking good for a period of time (yes the opposite is also true) and he has a reputation of developing players and I think he needs more time for us to benefit properly from this.

Those questioning Soumare (who isn't playing well right now) might find that given time to adjust properly, we end up with a gem. Not all players are going to adapt as quickly as Fofana and I think Rodgers can help a number of younger players, like KDH reach their potential.

But your point is a fair one, and I have no idea why we don't do something to improve defending set pieces.

Thanks, great reply. 

What fans forget is it often takes a season for a foreign player to properly adjust to the Premier League and see their best form. 

I’d like to see KDH get a run as well, at least he’ll be fully committed. 

Just now, lcfc_forever said:

Thanks, great reply. 

What fans forget is it often takes a season for a foreign player to properly adjust to the Premier League and see their best form. 

I’d like to see KDH get a run as well, at least he’ll be fully committed. 

KDH ran into space quite a bit, maybe it’s because he is unknown so could get space, but it was great up see tbh

35 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

To say we overachieved is to say the players exceeded their level in previous seasons, that's not going to do anything for their confidence is it? 

Unless it's reverse psychology and he wants them to prove him wrong, that'd be weird though

Why wouldn't it do anything for their confidence? It literally says they did better than what was expected of them. If that's not a confidence boost then what is? 

2 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Brendan Rodgers blasts Leicester fans for booing his side after a resounding 3-0 home defeat by Chelsea as he claims supporters' negativity can cause 'anxiety'

so can watching them 

Stop being so negative then, Brendan

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Why wouldn't it do anything for their confidence? It literally says they did better than what was expected of them. If that's not a confidence boost then what is? 

No, it says you're rubbish and what you achieved is unlikely to be repeated. And if it isn't, that's fine. 

That'll get 'em nice and motivated, Brendan.

Just now, Nod.E said:

No, it says you're rubbish and what you achieved is unlikely to be repeated. And if it isn't, that's fine. 

That'll get 'em nice and motivated, Brendan.

I disagree. It doesn't say they're rubbish at all. 

Reaching a bit. 

Just now, StanSP said:

I disagree. It doesn't say they're rubbish at all. 

Reaching a bit. 

Not good enough to be challenging at the top end of the table. You know what I meant.

Managers should be blowing smoke up the arse of their players. Building their belief. Pushing them to be the best they can be.

Instead he's saying we're average and that's okay. Great, let's just be happy with 13th place then. We're little Leicester and that's all we should expect. 

• Like 1

If winning the premier league didn’t keep CR in his job, I don’t believe an FA Cup will protect BR either. Let’s not kid ourselves though, that was Chelsea (in form Chelsea) and we’re not (yet) near the bottom three.

If Top sacked him in the morning I wouldn’t feel much either way, we have a fantastic squad that I’d be confident in under any competent manager, which BR definitely is. I trust TOP whatever may come.

Rodgers annoys me in multiple ways. One of them is running Tielemans into the ground and letting the fantastic form KDH in was get a bit stale. Why hasn’t he been subbing Youri later on in games to both rest him and bring KDH on. He’s a like for like sub. I bet the lad’s head has gone down a bit. That is poor management. One of many examples. 

Edited by An Away Move
  • Like 1

Just now, An Away Move said:

Rodgers annoys me in multiple ways. One of them is running Tielemans into the ground and letting the fantastic form KDH was get a bit stale. Why hasn’t he been subbing Youri later on in games to both rest him and bring KDH on. He’s a like for like sub. I bet the lad’s head has gone down a bit. That is poor management. One of many examples. 

Like for like apart from the fact that KDH does f all? 

1 hour ago, danhaw said:

This is the 1st proper dip in form we've seen in the nearly 3 years he's been here and "fans" are calling for his head. 2 5th place finishes, our 1st ever fa cup win, incredible talent in the squad and all of the above with injuries running through the squad left right and centre. To call for his head is embarrassing 

I am not calling for his head but you do need correcting, we have definitely had long bad form before this. Including the one that lasted half a season in his first full season.

Edited by Chrysalis

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 minute ago, SheppyFox said:

If winning the premier league didn’t keep CR in his job, I don’t believe an FA Cup will protect BR either. Let’s not kid ourselves though, that was Chelsea (in form Chelsea) and we’re not (yet) near the bottom three.

If Top sacked him in the morning I wouldn’t feel much either way, we have a fantastic squad that I’d be confident in under any competent manager, which BR definitely is. I trust TOP whatever may come.

Yeah and if we lost 5 games on the trot without scoring a goal finding ourselves in the bottom 3 then he'd be sacked but there's a fair way to go yet if it's heading that way....

14 minutes ago, StanSP said:

It depends how you read it. I read it as the players/team aren't top 6 level players/team, but were fortunate to get there. 

Rio said before the match that we were punching above our weight, mixing it with the big 4/6, I don't think Rio said what he did for the players/teams benefit and I see both statements the same.

• Like 1