Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

Half the problem is, there’s too much chopping and changing. Personal, formation, tatics. They seem to change every bliddy game. 

Said this today actually, maybe half the issue is we don't have a set formation, it's ol' tinkerman football, and it didn't get Claudio anywhere, and it won't get Rodgers anywhere either 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, ttfn said:

If United really aren’t interested in Rodgers then I think we can put 2 and 2 together as to where the rumours are coming from that they are.

Funnily enough they pop up around the same time that apparently he’s being considered for the Man City job when Guardiola leaves. Quick come and get him whilst you can because otherwise he’s going to your arch rivals in 18 months…

In my opinion there is no source, every single tweeter isnt reputable, and the only times I have seen any kind of reasoning given on a news article is when they base it on betting odds.

Betting odds tighten due to flood of tweets, then tightened betting odds generated news articles.

Not a single credible journalist muttered a word on it.

1 minute ago, adejo92 said:

It's quite clear from the new training facilities, and the stadium expansion, where the owners ambitions sit.

I'd be very surprised if a mid table finish and no European football next season was in their plan.

Well they are going to have to accept at some point they need to chuck a massive, massive wedge at the squad and wages. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Instead he's saying we're average and that's okay. Great, let's just be happy with 13th place then. We're little Leicester and that's all we should expect. 

I don't see where he's implying that to be honest. 

13 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

Rodgers annoys me in multiple ways. One of them is running Tielemans into the ground and letting the fantastic form KDH in was get a bit stale. Why hasn’t he been subbing Youri later on in games to both rest him and bring KDH on. He’s a like for like sub. I bet the lad’s head has gone down a bit. That is poor management. One of many examples. 

Why do people keep saying this? Nobody else I’m our team can do Youri’s role, certainly not KDH, who has yet to do, well anything. If we don’t play Youri, our team is measurably weaker.

I don’t think he’ll be here in a few months time. If he is, fair play because it’ll likely mean he’s turned it around, but I can’t see it.

Apparently he wants to play a back 4, but we constantly play back 5s. What happened to that team that would score 4 or 5 per game? We have the players for a back 4, so why not do it? Why change systems constantly? No wonder our players look lost, we don’t have a set system, formation, or really style of play anymore.

It’s really disappointing.

2 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Well they are going to have to accept at some point they need to chuck a massive, massive wedge at the squad and wages. 

This. Throw a bit of money on the squad. It feels like the only money that we have spent has been money that we have gained through high placed finishes and money cooped from selling ‘big players.’ Of course, the latter has been a decent business model for the past couple of seasons but it really isn’t that sustainable. There has to come a point where we utilise our pull and spend big on players that we’ve been linked with. The issue with refusing to do this is that signings go from Berardi to Lookman and Gosens to Bertrand very quickly. We have had massive player pull in the past two windows and I do fear that ship has sailed. I fully understand that we don’t have the commercial value or wealth of clubs like Liverpool, Chelsea, Man City and even Arsenal, however, it would be nice to see some external funds put into the club. Ie King Power put their hands in their pocket.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

It's quite clear from the new training facilities, and the stadium expansion, where the owners ambitions sit.

I'd be very surprised if a mid table finish and no European football next season was in their plan.

We have to shop in the bargin bin too often to be a top side all the time. 

Lookman, Vestigguard and Bertrand are signing a a middle table club makes.

41 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Why wouldn't it do anything for their confidence? It literally says they did better than what was expected of them. If that's not a confidence boost then what is? 

Exactly, its saying they don't deserve to be there lol

Which very clearly is not the case

• Like 1

He is a bit of an enigma and is the master of personal PR as he is clever so always considers his reputation when he speaks ….

up here in Liverpool they say he did the same at the reds one dimensional stubborn and lacked tactical awareness which ultimately cost him 

He knows Man U are sniffing although I am not convinced they will prioritise him although we will find out over the next 10 days I imagine ….

Lots of factors why it appears to have gone flat ..poor summer signings, tactics, fitness of key players , a number are entering the end of contracts and believe they should be playing champions league which they may do elsewhere , we appear to lack organisation and fitness which is his job for me

To not compete, be organised and have a plan is scandalous and that has been the case all of this season - I don’t think we are entitled to win against Chelsea but this squad should be giving them and The likes of Arsenal a game and it was a walk in the park - we have had poorer squads who have at least been hungry, organised and have a plan …he is ignorant if he thinks he is not part of the problem!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

We have to shop in the bargin bin too often to be a top side all the time. 

Lookman, Vestigguard and Bertrand are signing a a middle table club makes.

Think that's unfair on lookman imo, he looks like he could be a really good player, I might be wrong.

• Like 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 hour ago, ttfn said:

If United really aren’t interested in Rodgers then I think we can put 2 and 2 together as to where the rumours are coming from that they are.

Funnily enough they pop up around the same time that apparently he’s being considered for the Man City job when Guardiola leaves. Quick come and get him whilst you can because otherwise he’s going to your arch rivals in 18 months…

So what you're saying is, brendans wife and kids have moved up to Manchester and he's sat in rented accommodation bemoaning another master plan which hasn't come off.

7 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

He is a bit of an enigma and is the master of personal PR as he is clever so always considers his reputation when he speaks ….

up here in Liverpool they say he did the same at the reds one dimensional stubborn and lacked tactical awareness which ultimately cost him 

He knows Man U are sniffing although I am not convinced they will prioritise him although we will find out over the next 10 days I imagine ….

Lots of factors why it appears to have gone flat ..poor summer signings, tactics, fitness of key players , a number are entering the end of contracts and believe they should be playing champions league which they may do elsewhere , we appear to lack organisation and fitness which is his job for me

To not compete, be organised and have a plan is scandalous and that has been the case all of this season - I don’t think we are entitled to win against Chelsea but this squad should be giving them and The likes of Arsenal a game and it was a walk in the park - we have had poorer squads who have at least been hungry, organised and have a plan …he is ignorant if he thinks he is not part of the problem!

Very nicely put, agree entirely 

I think the summer transfer window was a disaster. After the disappointment of missing out on the top 4 for the 2nd consecutive season, what this squad needed was 1 or 2 players who could come into and improve the starting 11 immediately, just to give us that freshness and push us not, not squad fillers (Bertrand,Vestergaard, Lookman) or players with potential (Daka, Soumare)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Entitlement is now written through some of our fans like a stick of rock. Our players are good but not as good as so many think. Chelsea have superior players and probably a better management team. Even our best team in good form would have struggled today. We are in transition and we will have to be satisfied with mid-table this season. That is definitely not a disaster.

People who pay to watch games, either through the turnstile or Sky etc, are certainly entitled to voice their disapproval if they feel they haven't been entertained.

• Like 3