Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 minutes ago, deep blue said:

People who pay to watch games, either through the turnstile or Sky etc, are certainly entitled to voice their disapproval if they feel they haven't been entertained.

Not imo, I'd like a couple of season tickets, those sitting there in silence through the game with their flask of coffee to then boo at half time or at the end disgust me, I wish they'd give up their seats to those who want to support the team and manager by making as much noise as possible 

For the first time, I’m now concerned with the direction Rodgers is taking us. Things aren’t progressing, it is the same issues every game whether we are playing weaker opposition or stronger. We leave too much space, no one is close to marker a player for a set piece. Getting in between our none existent midfield and defence is far too easy as well. We have quality players and they should be doing better than that. Lucky to not lose to both Leeds and Brentford too 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

3 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Brendan Rodgers blasts Leicester fans for booing his side after a resounding 3-0 home defeat by Chelsea as he claims supporters' negativity can cause 'anxiety'

so can watching them 

What was the excuse for the nine home defeats last year?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, escape2victory said:

I think the summer transfer window was a disaster. After the disappointment of missing out on the top 4 for the 2nd consecutive season, what this squad needed was 1 or 2 players who could come into and improve the starting 11 immediately, just to give us that freshness and push us not, not squad fillers (Bertrand,Vestergaard, Lookman) or players with potential (Daka, Soumare)

How much do you think it costs to buy starters who improve a team that just finished 5th twice ??

we don’t pay big enough wages to get top quality in who may have to sit on the bench. We will always have a first eleven and then a group, of players who aren’t quite as good as those starters and another group who are obviously worse than the starters in their preferred positions. 

27 minutes ago, Chester Dontlie said:

"We 've over-achieved to be around the top four and challenging some of these teams that are way above us." 

What the ****???

Did we overachieve by placing 5th in the Prem in TWO consecutive seasons? 
Did we overachieve by winning 1-0 at Wembley in the cup final against a team who has just beaten you 0-3 at KP?

With Ranners, did we overachieve by winning a title with a 10 point margin over a 2nd placed team?
Finally did Vichai overachieve by fulfilling his goal of having Leicester in TOP 5 within 3 years of his time here?

He couldn't be more wrong... Rogers you absolute muppet you haven't overachieved, but you're (massively) underachieving now.

What's more, with statements like that he loses the support of fans AND even more importantly, the players! 
The guy is in complete denial.

He's feeding us BS, telling it's mince pies 

5uxaih.jpg

if you think we haven’t over achieved by finishing top six twice with our squad then you’re deluded 

just as we over achieved by winning the league with that 15/16 team.

ambition and targets are essential at pro level but unless you have a handle on what’s acceptable and unacceptable you’ll never cope with the peaks and troughs which are inevitable unless you can chuck many hundreds of millions at the squad 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

How much do you think it costs to buy starters who improve a team that just finished 5th twice ??

we don’t pay big enough wages to get top quality in who may have to sit on the bench. We will always have a first eleven and then a group, of players who aren’t quite as good as those starters and another group who are obviously worse than the starters in their preferred positions. 

if you think we haven’t over achieved by finishing top six twice with our squad then you’re deluded 

ambition and targets are essential at pro level but unless you have a handle on what’s acceptable and unacceptable you’ll never cope with the peaks and troughs which are inevitable unless you can chuck many hundreds of millions at the squad 

Most are pointing out the basic errors which are being made pretty much every game. Sure we could have played great and still lost today Chelsea are that good, the issue is since February we haven’t even managed basic stuff. Too easy to play against and it isn’t a good watch. For how we laugh at Maguire and Man U we are no better. The basics are lost 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

We weren’t present to moan!  He can have it both ways! 

I often criticise the crowd but today I couldn't. Even thousands streaming out with 20 to go. They got nothing today.

People booed at half-time when the game was done- nothing to do with anxiety. Hardly like we turned on them during the warm-up.

• Like 2

Just now, Corky said:

I often criticise the crowd but today I couldn't. Even thousands streaming out with 20 to go. They got nothing today.

People booed at half-time when the game was done- nothing to do with anxiety. Hardly like we turned on them during the warm-up.

I thought the half time boos were mainly for the ref tbh. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Mate even if you actually think like that and agree with what he said (I don't), you don't go around say and say shit like this for everyone to hear.

Would you seriously want your boss to say you've been overachieving when everyone around says you're among the top employees at your workplace? Honestly, let that question sink in. Would you be all right with a statement like that, knowing how much effort it cost you to be up there?

What he says must be near the top of the list in 'How to make enemies and alienate your players' handbook.

This guy has just shat all over his own players ffs.

And with all his comments today it looks like he doesn't have a clue what to do about the situation he's in.

Edited by Chester Dontlie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

I will feel sad to see Rodgers go man United, but maybe he has just run his course here… some managers find it hard to stay around and build. Not saying he isn’t a good manager just maybe long term he isn’t right. 

Can't see him controlling the likes of Pogba and Ronaldo I think they will go for Zidane 

58 minutes ago, Beechey said:

I don’t think he’ll be here in a few months time. If he is, fair play because it’ll likely mean he’s turned it around, but I can’t see it.

Apparently he wants to play a back 4, but we constantly play back 5s. What happened to that team that would score 4 or 5 per game? We have the players for a back 4, so why not do it? Why change systems constantly? No wonder our players look lost, we don’t have a set system, formation, or really style of play anymore.

It’s really disappointing.

We’ve never score 4 or 5 per game are you getting us mixed up with Man City ?

24 minutes ago, escape2victory said:

I think the summer transfer window was a disaster. After the disappointment of missing out on the top 4 for the 2nd consecutive season, what this squad needed was 1 or 2 players who could come into and improve the starting 11 immediately, just to give us that freshness and push us not, not squad fillers (Bertrand,Vestergaard, Lookman) or players with potential (Daka, Soumare)

Daka and Soumare weren't bought for potential. Soumare has played 2/3 of the games. Daka was bought as a man who had scored goals at a high level and could give Vardy a rest. He's been way under-used in a lot of people's opinion. Those two were there as the players to give the likes of Vardy, Tielemans and Ndidi a rest. Bertrand replaced Fuchs, Lookman was a replacement for Ghezzal after he left.

Vestergaard was the only one that was a panic buy as Evans was still unfit and fofana crocked.

The window isn't really the issue. We've now got a bigger pool of players but aren't playing as well as we were before they joined. It just doesn't make sense.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

We’ve never score 4 or 5 per game are you getting us mixed up with Man City ?

Per game was an exaggeration, but I’m getting at our switch to a rigid, defensive system. We have scored 4 or more goals against:

Spartak 

Manchester United

Sheffield United

Stoke City

Leeds United

Braga 

West Ham United

Aston Villa

Southampton

Newcastle

Luton Town

Huddersfield

Loads of 3-0 wins in there as well, unfortunately they are getting less common. We’re not as attacking as we once were. We frequently would be free-scoring. Not so much anymore. Bring back the back 4.

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chester Dontlie said:

Mate even if you actually think like that and agree with what he said (I don't), you don't go around say and say shit like this for everyone to hear.

Would you seriously want your boss to say you've been overachieving when everyone around says you're among the top employees at your workplace? Honestly, let that question sink in. Would you be all right with a statement like that, knowing how much effort it cost you to be up there?

What he says must be near the top of the list in 'How to make enemies and alienate your players' handbook.

This guy has just shat all over his own players ffs.

And with all his comments today it looks like he doesn't have a clue what to do about the situation he's in.

I am planning devil's advocate here but what if he made the comment about overachieving because he feels like some of the players have got too big for their boots and need reminding that they aren't as good as they think they are and need to try harder?

• Like 2

If BR gets interviewed for the manu job he will be asked what has happened with our defence this season.

He might reply that a quality full back and centre back are still out with long-term injuries (JJ and WF); that one centre back is still carrying a serious foot injury (JE); that another is seriously lacking confidence after a disastrous Euro championship (CS); that another full back is just regaining his composure after literally having his face smashed in (TC) with another finally improving after a potentially career ending knee injury (RP). He might also add that he should take some credit for a run of good form from a squad filling centre back (DA). 

The interview might never happen but if it did, they may consider that point of view.