Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

4 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

The more I think about the 'we're just little Leicester' commentary coming from our 9m a year manager the angrier I get. 

The owners have paid for a ****ing incredible 100m training facility, they've bankrolled us to stability and success by purchasing the ground, investing in the playing staff, investing in the club itself. They're expanding the stadium and making the club an all round attractive proposition. They've won league and cups on the back of this. 

But Rodgers thinks we should just accept mediocrity because he lost against Chelsea. 

If I were Top I'd be seriously pissed off at those comments. All that money spent for a manager to undermine the status of the club because he managed the team poorly. 

Misguided and arrogant commentary. 

I still don't get where Rodgers is saying we 'should just accept mediocrity'. 

• Like 1

Just now, StanSP said:

I still don't get where Rodgers is saying we 'should just accept mediocrity'. 

The cowtowing to Chelsea being a 'much, much bigger team.'

The owners aren't aiming for that and it's insulting that we're being told to just accept it. Why bother investing and building the club if the manager is just going to tell everyone to accept we're not that good and overachievers. 

5 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

United binning the PE teacher and paying the compensation for Rodgers and his staff will be a nice, clean way to have a fresh start. Kind of hoping for it because following us at the moment is ****ing boring.

Rodgers has done great I can’t deny that, but he isn’t a long term solution manager… a lot of top managers can run their course at a club 

I’ve managed to miss everything today (mercifully). Is the basics that the people who say they have a right to boo are upset because the manager is effectively criticising (booing) them?

9 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

The cowtowing to Chelsea being a 'much, much bigger team.'

The owners aren't aiming for that and it's insulting that we're being told to just accept it. Why bother investing and building the club if the manager is just going to tell everyone to accept we're not that good and overachievers. 

Chelsea have spent more than £650m in the last five years, including nabbing three of our first-teamers in that time. Never mind the god knows how much they’ve spent since the Russian takeover. We shouldn’t ever be anywhere near them (and by the sounds of it weren’t today).

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

I’ve managed to miss everything today (mercifully). Is the basics that the people who say they have a right to boo are upset because the manager is effectively criticising (booing) them?

I think people object to being criticised having voiced an opinion that was negative after watching a match that their team could've conceivably lost 6-0 by the man who presided over it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

These things generally don't end well once manager and fans start being critical of each others performance. 

I was just thinking this myself, once you dare to question the supporters who have every right to moan, then it’s pretty much the end.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beechey said:

Per game was an exaggeration, but I’m getting at our switch to a rigid, defensive system. We have scored 4 or more goals against:

Spartak 

Manchester United

Sheffield United

Stoke City

Leeds United

Braga 

West Ham United

Aston Villa

Southampton

Newcastle

Luton Town

Huddersfield

Loads of 3-0 wins in there as well, unfortunately they are getting less common. We’re not as attacking as we once were. We frequently would be free-scoring. Not so much anymore. Bring back the back 4.

I get what your saying but we’ve never replaced Mahrez him and Vardy were brilliant together. Thing is with Rodgers he doesn’t know his best 11 and today well I can’t believe he put that team out, embarrassing.

1 minute ago, nathan. said:

If Rodgers goes I think we will go for Potter with Lampard our second choice. 

We can’t pass our way out against a competent press under rodgers. Potter is just as immersed in the same dogma - he won’t allow his teams to occasionally launch it to keep the opposition guessing and less committed to their press. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, nathan. said:

Potter hasn't won a EPL game since they beat us in mid September, 8 EPL games away! I wouldn't mind Lampard, his playing style is pressing from the front and at least he won't be thinking of joining an elite club

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas

The worst thing about those Rodgers comments is that they appear to be in response to being booed off at half time, a half in which we had 0 shots.

If that doesn’t deserve condemnation from paying fans then nothing does. 57 minutes it took for us to have an attempt on goal.

I think people can handle being well beaten by the European champions but we didn’t even compete.

Just now, ttfn said:

I think people can handle being well beaten by the European champions but we didn’t even compete.

I'm a Leicester fan, I can handle us being beaten by pretty much everyone. 

It's the fact the manager is blind to his own faults and trying to convince the supporters not to expect decent performances. 

Chelsea were the better team but we shouldn't expect to turn over for them. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, ttfn said:

The worst thing about those Rodgers comments is that they appear to be in response to being booed off at half time, a half in which we had 0 shots.

If that doesn’t deserve condemnation from paying fans then nothing does. 57 minutes it took for us to have an attempt on goal.

The only time before I can recall where I was pissed off with Rodgers comments was Fulham at home last year when he said we had a young team, yet half the 11 were over 30 and it was total crap.

Today's have gone well beyond that. I full appreciate what he's done but if we are brushing off performances like that as a fanbase then we should give up.

• Like 1

It's clear something is wrong in the Camp. I don't know if Brendan has alienated himself within the camp or they've stopped listening to him. 

I know the injuries haven't helped but he's had two windows to deal with it and failed miserably.

I guess the Cup win has bought him a bit of time but he should know well that winning and losing becomes a habit. He needs to stop the rot quickly.

He's definitely a flawed manager in that he only see the game his way when the great managers can adapt both style and systems to get results.

We don't look fit enough or have the right attitude going into games. Then when things are not going to plan we lack the dept in the  squad to change

things and that's down to him as Manager.

I understand his frustration and him lashing out as if it's everyone's fault except his, but that's what you get the big salary for.

His comments are insulting to everyone at the Club most of all the players. What does it say to them, That they're not good enough but that's ok because

Chelsea have better players.

I've never understood the hype around him and now i know it's mostly been spin. He needs to step up or ship out if he feels the job is beyond him.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, escape2victory said:

The number one priority should of been a quality winger to come into our starting 11, not a central midfielder when we still had 5 on the books in the first team and a striker when we have Vardy and Iheanacho. Don’t get me wrong, I like Soumare and Daka and the thinking behind it, but a proper winger would of improved us more than what they have. I’ve always thought, the best way to improve a squad, is to bring in better than what you already have. We certainly haven’t done that 

I agree with Soumare comment and I was against him coming due to his mobility and pace. I understand he falls back as a DM but he was never an attacking player. I said at the time that we needed a top dollar playmaker to link up centrally and on the wings, and a perm RW flair player. After years of being able to pin down a top RW, instead we mess it up on overlooking signings like Berardi and draft a mid table RW in a position that RP is more capable of.

19 minutes ago, nathan. said:

I'd prefer Lampard over Potter. Potter might have turned a mediocre team into one that's easy on the eye to watch. But he hasn't managed big players or bigger clubs like us. Lampard has pedigree, as a player and a manager. He also turned Derby and Chelsea (first season) into very decent passing and pressing teams 

Must admit Rodgers explanations  to the Radio Leicester guy after todays game were worrying. When asked why he played 3 in midfield he said well with a 4 we would get completely overrun.  Err Brendan we were overrun by Chelsea for the whole game mate. 

• Like 3