Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

I have made a lot of comments supporting Rodgers but...

Our defending of corners is unprofessional.  We get it wrong on repeat.  Surely , our players can be coached and be given  the tactics to do better.

Our players are underperforming.  Mistakes are costing points.   

Rodgers is under-performing.  He needs to show his quality as a coach .

• Like 3

Just now, oxtonfox said:

Must admit Rodgers explanations  to the Radio Leicester guy after todays game were worrying. When asked why he played 3 in midfield he said well with a 4 we would get completely overrun.  Err Brendan we were overrun by Chelsea for the whole game mate. 

That stunk. He was so rude to OPA 'No.' 

To suggest that we weren't overrun when they could've had six was just rank arrogance. That response showed contempt to the presenter, the fans, and the players. 

It cannot possibly be the great tactics of Brendan. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Lampard?! People must've forgotten about last season when Chelsea turned up at the KP and were as atrociously bad as we were today. He wasn't exactly amazing at Derby either.

I’d take my mum in her pinny to do a better job than Brendan at the moment to be honest

1 minute ago, oxtonfox said:

I’d take my mum in her pinny to do a better job than Brendan at the moment to be honest

That maybe but Lampard isn't the answer. Had an incredible squad at Chelsea and was, for want of a better word, shite.

3 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

One thing that worries me is the amount of time it took for the hierarchy to sack Puel after a seemingly endless amount of time playing like crap.

Well we’ve been poor in many respects since the spring so perhaps it may not be long if these performances continue.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

There's managing expectations, and there's being respectful to the rest of teams. But saying we are over achieving is both disrespectful to our players and undermines them in my opinion. He is just saving his arse. 

Absolutely, the cowards way out. The players may not have been great today but his tactics and management were shite. He can see his big job disappearing before his eyes. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gazza M said:

Puel was critical of the fan expectations in his time and alienated himself quickly. If Brendan going down that route it will end pretty quickly for him here too. 

Atleast he had the benefit of doubt with it being 'lost in translation'.

Just now, LestaAl said:

Well we’ve been poor in many respects since the spring so perhaps it may not be long if these performances continue.

Apart from the United 4-2 and the odd half here and there our performances have been rank average or really poor all season. We have one of the best training grounds in Europe and the team are serving up garbage week in week out. There has to be something seriously wrong between management and the players. 

• Like 2

Hes often spoke how Good other Teams are....

I still want him to turn it around...

But he is One of the PL Top earners, he accepted the Big pennies, and a decent Top 7-6 squad, with High-End Quality players...

I Dont want Any such manager, get Off Too easily....He s got to Work bis Butt off & Pick himself up, pulling with him ..... Close team, ... squad...& club.

He, we Need a reset a reasses...in what Team character & style, we want to present....

For me he has until turn of the year, so long as we Dont Drop into Bottom 6, if we do Pick up, but then Fall back on poor performances & results,

Decisions on his tenure, must be made...his wage, this squad, After nearly 3 Full seasons of high investments..gives "Leicester" the right to expect at least

Top 8-12( with our awkward injuries & Returns Finding past form)...more important fans will accept Slips of results & form, But not the same continual mistakes,

and long periods ,spread over months of dire performances...

The Club has paid the piper...Now BOTH manager & Player have to go out & deliver.....

And fans cant put the onus on JJ..Fofana,Thomas, Barnes.

Others should be delivering stability & higher better performances....No matter what the manager puts in the Stress of tactics

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Lampard?! People must've forgotten about last season when Chelsea turned up at the KP and were as atrociously bad as we were today. He wasn't exactly amazing at Derby either.

Rodgers completely outdid Lampard on every level that game. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

I'd prefer Lampard over Potter. Potter might have turned a mediocre team into one that's easy on the eye to watch. But he hasn't managed big players or bigger clubs like us. Lampard has pedigree, as a player and a manager. He also turned Derby and Chelsea (first season) into very decent passing and pressing teams 

Lampard's Derby finished in the same position, scored less goals, conceded more, spent more and got less points than Rowett had a year earlier, despite his Chelsea connections enabling him to bring in Mount and Tomori. He failed to win promotion, and Derby fans routinely complained about pointless sideways passing about at the back. As for Chelsea, had he stayed there we'd most probably be playing Champions League football now. He's one of the last people I'd trust with an expensive rebuild, to organise a leaky defence, or to shake up our build-up play in a way which the fans find palatable.

I'm not sure to what extent Potter is a bit of a media favourite. His record is steady, but doesn't stand out.

It's hard to know who the right candidate is, but if we were to sack Rodgers and bring someone who's currently employed in, I'd guess the bill could run into 30-40m territory, and all in order to replace one of our most successful managers. Perhaps the best case scenario is for Solskjaer to be fired, Man U to look elsewhere for their manager, and for Rodgers (and his staff) to settle back down into the notion that there's a long-term project here. If they did go for Rodgers, I can see how a change of ideas under a new manager might work out for us, but personally I'd prefer it to be Rodgers who critically, and with a more open mind, re-assessed our shortcomings.

None of this means there isn't a manager out there who could do a better job than he's doing at the moment, of course. I just suspect it isn't Lampard or Potter.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

Apart from the United 4-2 and the odd half here and there our performances have been rank average or really poor all season. We have one of the best training grounds in Europe and the team are serving up garbage week in week out. There has to be something seriously wrong between management and the players. 

Think this is why he’s getting tetchy and making some of these comments - his big move in real danger of disappearing before his eyes and he’s not found a way to get the results this season which would have made him a clear choice for Man U. Sorry BR you’re stuck with us pal. 

• Like 1