Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

4 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

It’s now a game for Brendan to manipulate the situation.  As always he is in self preservation mode and everyone but Brendan will be at fault. I think it is this character flaw which prevents any clubs fans genuinely taking to the guy. There always seems something slightly off with him. 

yes he has done well here, but the wheels have come loose and he shows no idea about how to tighten them up again. He probably believes the media bollocks, that he’s the guy for Man Utd. However, we have a good squad, some excellent players, and for much of the last two seasons, prior to this, we have been able to mix it with the big boys. Something has been stinking for a while and I think people are starting to see what many of us have seen for a while. Brendan has lost the team for some reason. They don’t love him or respect him in my opinion and they certainly don’t seem to want to perform for him. So he’s engineering the divide he feels is required to lure Man Utd into reaching out for him. 

We are in the end game now with Rodgers. I doubt he will come back from this and I can’t see the players stepping up for him next week. It’s only my opinion, but I think he is done and if he can lay the blame at the feet of the fans and the fact that we are a small club, he will. 

This is an interesting point. I am usually very supportive of our managers. I've been one of the last to bail out on them in the past, but, despite what he's done, I haven't warmed to Rodgers - and I resally should have.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

It’s now a game for Brendan to manipulate the situation.  As always he is in self preservation mode and everyone but Brendan will be at fault. I think it is this character flaw which prevents any clubs fans genuinely taking to the guy. There always seems something slightly off with him. 

Interestingly, at the training ground visit the training facility manager spoke about how the whole set up is optimised to give the team and manager, in his exact words, 'no excuse for underperformance'. 

It's quite telling that when it's going wrong it can't be the infrastructure. It must be the fans. Certainly not Brendan. 

• Like 1

Torn with this.

On the one hand we have been stagnant for ages and there's no signs of improvement. Starting to lean towards a fresh start being a good thing.

On the other hand, the alternative being Lampard is highly uninspiring, managed Derby from 6th to 6th after spending a bucket load, did a semi-decent job at Chelsea but still not exactly exciting is it 

It's s funny one because a club of our size and resources should be a top 10 club and sometimes get into the top 6.

I do think we've been spoilt since Brendan's arrival and it just goes to show how painful it will be when/if we return to the mean.

If we're mid table at Christmas that would be ok as it would mean we've won some games but frankly I can't see where our next win is coming from.

• Like 1

Too many fans concentrating on individuals, or poor transfer windows....Nonsense..!!

no individual deserves to be judged, when the Team they as a Unit are not delivering..Not supporting or covering each other as groups.

Our passing,ball retainment as been pss poor, for a long time, & that is the guys on the pitch...

There is still an whole season, for cups, League position to Play for....Bredan & players have got to Pull together, & Show us Why they are at Leicester city..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Too many fans concentrating on individuals, or poor transfer windows....Nonsense..!!

no individual deserves to be judged, when the Team they as a Unit are not delivering..Not supporting or covering each other as groups.

Our passing,ball retainment as been pss poor, for a long time, & that is the guys on the pitch...

There is still an whole season, for cups, League position to Play for....Bredan & players have got to Pull together, & Show us Why they are at Leicester city..

What do we pay the manager for then?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Yes they should. But it won’t happen. There is clearly a rift somewhere. The team are either flat ignoring Brendan or just don’t listen to him properly. He appears to have lost them. I have no idea why. 

I think we have hit a crisis moment here, highlighted by Brendan’s post match comments today. 

My opinion is that the best we can hope for is, now that OGS has been sacked, Utd come in for Brendan. I believe it has gone that wrong. 

• Like 2

There's too much smoke with Rodgers being mentioned, but if you look at the defense this season, maybe not a wise move for ManU? Him going now and compensation coming back to the club may be best resolution right now.

Edited by TeaMen Tom

3 hours ago, Chester Dontlie said:

"We 've over-achieved to be around the top four and challenging some of these teams that are way above us." 

What the ****???

Did we overachieve by placing 5th in the Prem in TWO consecutive seasons? 
Did we overachieve by winning 1-0 at Wembley in the cup final against a team who has just beaten you 0-3 at KP?

With Ranners, did we overachieve by winning a title with a 10 point margin over a 2nd placed team?
Finally did Vichai overachieve by fulfilling his goal of having Leicester in TOP 5 within 3 years of his time here?

He couldn't be more wrong... Rogers you absolute muppet you haven't overachieved, but you're (massively) underachieving now.

What's more, with statements like that he loses the support of fans AND even more importantly, the players! 
The guy is in complete denial.

He's feeding us BS, telling it's mince pies 

5uxaih.jpg

The thing is, wage expenditure is the most reliable predictor of league position. In fact, it's almost nailed on accurate. Our wage bill is currently the 9th highest in the league, and in terms of amount spent we're closer to 17th than 6th.

There could be many reasons why we finished 5th, and it's possible that we maybe weren't paying our players enough for where they were getting us. 

In terms of where we should be, we did overachieve, and that is a huge credit to Rodgers, his staff, and all the players. But you can only overachieve for so long before things correct themselves. Yes, technically we're underachieving now, but based on amount spent on wages, it's much, much easier to fall back into midtable than it is to maintain a top 6 push.

We need a refresh, I think that much is clear. If Rodgers' head has been turned, then he needs to go. I hope that isn't the case, and I hope we can maybe spend a bit to rebalance the squad and get a few wantaways off the books, whether that's Youri, Cags, I don't mind, as long as we can continue to recruit well and keep things fresh and challenging for the players.

Right now, we're a bit stagnant, and things look gloomy. But we're closer to where we ought to be than not. If we overreact, things could get toxic and spiral way out of control. If we remain calm and back the team in loud voice, hopefully we can play a part in turning things around.

Edited by ALC Fox
  • Like 2