Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

4 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

I just can’t see Zizou taking the United job, but I also can’t see United coming in for Rodgers. :dunno:

Man U have spent fastly approaching the GDP of Moldova since Fergie left.They have managed to go backwards.Now they are being linked to a manger who is currently mid table and heading down,not up.What the hell has happened there.

1 minute ago, Heathrow fox said:

Man U have spent fastly approaching the GDP of Moldova since Fergie left.They have managed to go backwards.Now they are being linked to a manger who is currently mid table and heading down,not up.What the hell has happened there.

Something we all wanted to see, but which we all find strangely disquieting now we are seeing it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If there's a sense that the uncertainty around his future is denting players' belief, causing uncertainty among fans etc. would the board be within their rights to say 'look, you're going to have to make a clearer demonstration of your longer term commitment if you're going to stay here'?

BR could reject this, but it would leave the club in a position to say, okay, if you don't commit, and you don't get the Man U job, and we continue to slide, then you won't receive the sort of patience we might normally afford you. And if you're the recently-fired Leicester manager, top clubs are highly unlikely to want you. So how about we reach a joint decision that you're going to be our manager for the rest of this season, and show our players and fans that you're committed to the job.

Maybe that's beyond the pale in modern football, I don't know.

If we can go forward with BR at the helm, I also wonder whether anyone within the club is in a position to say to him, 'here's a bunch of set piece coaches. Which do you want?' It's a damning indictment of our coaching to see how dire we are all over the pitch in dead ball situations. It's even noticeable that we can't retain possession from a throw-in.

I just get the sense that managers exist within a bubble where they're fairly unaccountable to anyone until someone decides that enough is enough. It feels like someone just needs to pull him to one side right now.

2 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Means bugger all except which daft cnuts are betting on what. They’ll appoint Brendan - been on the cards for weeks now. 

I don't know about you, but I always had the feeling we were a stepping stone for Brendan. 

• Like 1

I said this before, he's going to be heavily linked and it's going to look like he's going and that he wants to go and then Utd will appoint someone else and we will be lumbered with him, already in a shit state and now knowing without doubt that he wants out and we'll then nosedive to about 16th before we pay him off and it will sting. IT WILL REALLY FCUKIN STING.

• Like 2

Just now, trabuch said:

I don't know about you, but I always had the feeling we were a stepping stone for Brendan. 

Absolutely, just as much as we are for talented young players. It was a gilt edged opportunity to get back into Premier League football with little risk or expectation. He has done well, no denying that. Also no denying that the train has derailed. A parting of the ways seems like the best outcome now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dylanlegend said:

I wouldn’t be that fussed with Rodgers leaving. But we should insist Man U can’t sign any of our players for the next 4 transfer windows. It’s not Rodgers I fear leaving it’s Ndidi, Tielemens, Fofana, Barnes etc 

I'd sell every single player and start again. I'd sell them to other clubs as well and then have them have to try and unpick what's gone on after whilst we sniff poppers and win 10 nil most games.

Guest Kopfkino

He’s on a hiding to nothing if he goes Man Utd. The fans seem so against it that he’ll be having a go at them in his first press conference 

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd sell every single player and start again. I'd sell them to other clubs as well and then have them have to try and unpick what's gone on after whilst we sniff poppers and win 10 nil most games.

We have a recent history of selling players for more than they were worth (Kante aside). Tielemens is worth at least 100m (particularly if he goes to ManU).

2 minutes ago, Scotch said:

I really can't see past Lampard or Gattuso if Brendan goes. 

I'm not keen on Lampard at all. I really like Rino, always been a favourite of mine but his style of play isnt much different from Rodgers. 

What’s Lampard down to deserve the job? Scott Parker is a better manager than Lampard. Lampard has had 2 job and underachieved in both. 

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan

If anyone thinks this team couldn’t go down this season, I don’t think you’re looking at just how bad we’ve become

On current form, we are one of the worst sides in the division and if the rot sets in, we will have to be very careful.

I think we’ll have enough but our goals conceded from our fookin appalling defence is a major worry