Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

5 minutes ago, Scotch said:

I really can't see past Lampard or Gattuso if Brendan goes. 

I'm not keen on Lampard at all. I really like Rino, always been a favourite of mine but his style of play isnt much different from Rodgers. 

Our board didn’t even like it when Filbert Fox flopped in front of Grealish, there’s no way they’re going to be OK with one of Rino’s expletive-laden press conferences. lol

• Haha 1

The MasterPlan™

1. We perform poorly for months on purpose. 
2. Man Utd sack Ole and pursue Brendan.

3. Brendan says later bitches to the Glazers and sign a new contract.

4. Man Utd end up with Steve Coppell.

5. Brendan turns things around and tries to sign Ronaldo “for a laugh”

6. We win the 2023 Champions League.

Susan’s a genius. 

• Haha 2

there maybe one positive to Lampard, he's the darling of the media and might raise the clubs profile, but does he command a presence the players would give their all for? What about his coaching ability? No doubt he'd be as keen as mustard, and may have some persuation at getting players to join us. I wanted Lampard before Rodgers but he wasn't great at Chelsea, and didn't get Derby promoted, I think we could probably aim higher if that time comes 

6 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

What’s Lampard down to deserve the job? Scott Parker is a better manager than Lampard. Lampard has had 2 job and underachieved in both. 

You seem under the impression that I'm in favour of Lampard although I have no idea why....

I’ll drive the ****er to Trafford myself. If he doesn’t want the job, give it to somebody who does. Thanks for the memories but nobody is bigger than Leicester City. It will be an absolute disaster for them and him, and is a great reflection of how far they’ve fallen. 

• Thanks 1

I would love to go after Reuben Amorim of Sporting. However, his buy out probably means he is well out of our reach. Would be our second most expensive signing!

De Zerbi took a job just recently so it’s very unlikely he will leave.

If we want a real up and coming manager whose got the ex-Premier League superstar tag, it’s got to be Xabi Alonso. However, his experience is limited in terms of top level football. 

Diego Martinez, again up coming but unproven is available on a free, would be a risk though just like Alonso. A risk on whether he could cut it.

Paulo Fonseca would be a real statement whether Leicester appeals to him is another question. 

Martinez probably wants the WC in Qatar before leaving.

From the choice of British managers, I don’t really fancy Lampard - I wasn’t overtly impressed with some of his Chelsea teams performances. Potter may be a consideration for a step up but I doubt he’d leave mid- season unless it was an incredible job. I don’t know if Potter would excite me.

Any real quality candidate won’t be cheap which means if Brendan goes he needs to leave on his own accord and not be sacked. His pay off would seriously hinder us in getting a replacement. A compo payment, however…..

7 hours ago, Lesterlad said:

No way will United want this man as manager

For me that might depend on whether they have been tapping him up for weeks, in which case, they might understand his head being turned of they are the reason.  Here's hoping. I'm going for potter. I called him as a potential next Leicester manager the first time we played his Brighton.

I know people disagree but that's my opinion and in sticking to it. 🤫

4 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

Just cos you mentioned him. I keep seeing his name and honestly don’t know why. So many better managers out there. 

I mentioned his name because I could see us going for him. The part were I said "I'm not keen on Lampard" should have made it clear where I stood on the matter. 

36 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

If anyone thinks this team couldn’t go down this season, I don’t think you’re looking at just how bad we’ve become

On current form, we are one of the worst sides in the division and if the rot sets in, we will have to be very careful.

I think we’ll have enough but our goals conceded from our fookin appalling defence is a major worry

Shades of 16-17. At least we had a good run in Europe then

• Like 1

I personally think he’s over thinking everything. 
which happens when things are going against you.

Players are out of form, which means he isn’t keeping it simple and playing his preferred formation. 

He has a habit of this happening too, happened at Liverpool. I don’t think he is close at all to getting the sack. But something isn’t right at all.

• Like 3