Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Guest Danny Clender
26 minutes ago, murphy said:

Well not this season obviously, but yes.  To finish fifth twice and win a trophy is hugely overachieving for us.  The top six have turnovers double to triple ours.  That cartel should be unbreakable and out of reach but we managed to sneak in there twice.

Even considering that’s the closest estimate the club has positioned us? challenging the top 6 and regular European games. I feel that’s what we’ve been told and exactly what we’ve achieved , so I’m a little confused that what we’ve done this but over achieved. I’m struggling to understand what exactly is where we should be achieving right now.

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Just seen this on the motorway bridge near LFE Services. Very unsavoury. 

EtE0iesXcAUrx2N.jpg

People need to get a life, if you make all that effort to do that you have to be a rather sad human being.  BTW how do they know he's done it more than once?

• Haha 2

I’d not be happy getting Lampard in to be honest, he’s not tactical whatsoever. Just look at the game we played Chelsea when he was in charge and review the post match interviews of Brendon and Frank, BR is quite obviously the better tactician.

That said yesterday was awful. I’m kind of hoping Utd come in for him and we’re forced to move for a replacement (not Lampard).

Just now, Mickyblueeyes said:

The comments about over achievement were weak and cowardly. It’s an attempt at a get out a cry for people to “look at what he has done”.

For me it’s over with him. I want to defend a corner. I want to attack one too.

Sorry, look at me the ungrateful over achiever.

I seem to remember Puel saying something similar.

Once you start that sort of ‘talk’ it signals to the players and fans alike that there’s nothing to strive and play for. 

It’s looked for a long time that he, for whatever reason, has lost the plot, in that he’s not starting games to win them. It’s been a safety first approach which cannot work with the players we have.The longer this has gone on the more conservative the play has become. I see a man who has totally lost confidence in his own abilities, despite this ‘front’ or perception of a arrogance and self belief. 

He now has no plan, no consistent ideal that can translate into a playing style that looks consistently capable of winning or even playing well. It’s a different setup every game because he’s ‘lost’. The air of confidence and self belief has gone: it’s sham and the players know it.

No way does he turn this around now. 

• Like 1

One other thing worth mentioning about our achievements last season. Our FA Cup win and our sustained though ultimately failed CL challenge last season owed an awful lot to the prolific goal scoring of Kelechi. A player who BR refused to start until more or less forced to, because he doesn’t fit the hallowed BR “system”. A graphic came up in MOTD last night that showed Kelechi as 4th in the goals scored to minutes charts …everyone else on the graphic was a regular starter at their club. Yet we persist with Vards who misses penalties and whose touches in a game can often be counted in single figures. As with defensive corners the system is paramount even when it demonstrably doesn’t work. 

Whether this is true or not I’ve just heard he’s gonna be United manager by weds, told the club yesterday that he’s leaving, now I’m not ITK at all but I trust the source who’s told me, hope it’s wrong but really wouldn’t surprise me 

Guest Danny Clender
20 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

I've long stopped listening to what he says. I judge him by what happens on the pitch and how he acts. Glad I didn't see the game yesterday but these "overachiever" comments strike me as someone making excuses in a job interview.

Exactly!

I know it always sounds condescending, but if we were on a Burnley / Crystal Palace type budget, to me that would be over achieving, but we’re not. 
topsy turvy it and surely we’re achieving as expected, therefore utterly under achieving right now.

3 minutes ago, copunk said:

Whether this is true or not I’ve just heard he’s gonna be United manager by weds, told the club yesterday that he’s leaving, now I’m not ITK at all but I trust the source who’s told me, hope it’s wrong but really wouldn’t surprise me 

It's not upto him to tell the club he's leaving. 

5 minutes ago, copunk said:

Whilst it may turn out to be true :fc: and there may be elements of truth in what you say I don't think it's as simple as him handing his notice in.

Edited by Matt

For me Brendan has no Excuses now something has to change yesterday felt to me like a end of a era Loss Chelsea are a very good team yes but they didn’t get out of first gear and we just looked so un interested this so called slump we are on for me seems to go back to covid party gate when he dropped madders which tbh I agreed with and I’m sure most on here at the time did as well but we seem to have been on a downward spiral since then yes we won the FA CUP CHARITY SHIELD and the Man U game but think long and hard back to our performances they haven’t been right for a while. 

14 minutes ago, Nick said:

WTF is that lol 

12 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

Jesus fvcking Christ :doh:

10 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

😂😂😂

is this genuine? (The sign, not the statement)

9 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

People need to get a life, if you make all that effort to do that you have to be a rather sad human being.  BTW how do they know he's done it more than once?

8 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

It’s obviously not real 

5 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

What the banner or him doing the deed?

4 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

The banner. Dunno about the deed 

Have you never seen this before? 😂😂😂

Some Rangers fans stuck it up in Glasgow before one of the Old Firm derbies 😂😂😂

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Ricey said:

His comments yesterday have really annoyed me. Not just the overachieving comment, but also his comments about backwards passing, booing and being pleased with the second half performance.

Those comments prove that he thinks the fans are being ungrateful and prove that he isn’t going to change the way he does things. That is very worrying.

There is a common theme in a lot of his comments, especially when talking about players being linked to other clubs, that alludes to us being a stepping stone and mentions players “being ready to move on to a bigger club”.

Maybe we are a stepping stone but I don’t want my manager to openly discuss that. I want him to create a belief around the place that maybe, just maybe, we can achieve things that will keep even our best players happy. That maybe we can eventually be seen as a big club.

It stinks of lowering expectations to improve the narrative of how well he’s doing here. Maybe that’s why the players don’t look motivated and why so many are keen to leave. 

Makes me laugh how he thinks the booing from a small minority could only be for the ithe players….  he cannot countenance that it may be for him and his ****ing tactics and  playing style.

• Like 2

It seems the Ole Soajkears managed his last game at Manchester United. 

It’s either Zidane or Rodgers into United then.

I just can’t see them paying for Rodgers, when Zidane is so much more high profile and experienced with managing the biggest names in the world.  

27 minutes ago, Filberts lovechild said:

I’d not be happy getting Lampard in to be honest, he’s not tactical whatsoever. Just look at the game we played Chelsea when he was in charge and review the post match interviews of Brendon and Frank, BR is quite obviously the better tactician.

That said yesterday was awful. I’m kind of hoping Utd come in for him and we’re forced to move for a replacement (not Lampard).

Like the owners would go for Lampard.

22 minutes ago, copunk said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Zidane links have been used to force Brendan’s hand to make a decision now, and clearly he has made his mind up which is good for us because it’s clear as daylight the players aren’t playing for him anymore. 

• Like 1

Kasper

Ricardo

Evans

Syoncu

Chilwell

N’didi

Tilemans

Maddison

Perez

Vardy

Barnes

This was pretty much our first 11 every week during our most successful period under BR. We won 8 games in a row with this 11 but you never see this set up anymore.

Why?

We’ve swapped Chilwell for Castagne or JJ but otherwise all of those players still

play for us now. I would personally swap Perez for Lookman too but there is no reason why we shouldn’t be lining up like this once Youri is fit again.

I get why we’re playing 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 but if you look at Liverpool for example Klopp has never ever changed his formation. They play a 4-3-3 which can transition in to a 4-2-3-1 week in week out. I appreciate they’ve got much better players than us but they know the system inside out from playing it so regularly. Our boys look lost. We played 4-4-2 vs Burnley. We played 4-3-3 away at Leeds. We played 4-2-2-2 away at Palace. We’ve played a variation of 3-5-2/3-4-3 in pretty much every other game this season.

How the hell are the players supposed to know  what to do if we chop and change so much?! How do they know when to press and whether or not they will be backed up if they do press when they’re having to remember who’s playing where. I watch Liverpool and Mané goes but he knows straight away that the left side CAM/CM will be backing him up and that the CDM will then fill his space thus creating a trap. They just do it fluidly without even thinking about it. The amount of times yesterday Vardy half pressed the ball and looked back to see no-one backing him up. It’s no wonder we’re so easy to play through. 

I remember Gary Neville talking about why he wasn’t successful as a manager and it’s stuck with me ever since. He said - “we got beaten away at Sevilla and I changed the formation and the way we had been playing and from that day I had lost the players. As a manager you’re actually better off being stubborn and wrong than unsure and happy to change when things don’t go well. It makes you look weak” 

Edited by Jakemoore
  • Like 3