Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Please let's all have a sense of perspective. Rodgers has done a fantastic job over last couple of years. Teams like Chelsea have a massive budget and unless we have a full strength side we are always going to struggle. Over last 6 months nearly the whole first team has been on the treatment table and we haven't had a settled side. Every team has ups and downs so let's just get behind the team and Rodgers.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

I think some posters are trying to make out we've always been crap under Rodgers to suit their agenda, it's ridiculous.

A far as overachieving goes I'd agree but not to the extent that some believe. We have the 8th highest wage bill and the 18th highest in Europe so 5th place is a decent overachievement but it's not remarkable.

Well that would be wrong if so. We have two glorious chances to achieve top 4 in his tenure, thrown away by two enormous collapses in form - largely inexplicable. We have won the FA Cup - legendary. And we’ve won the Charity Shield. You cannot take any of that away from him. 

But he could not arrest the slides in the two seasons we should have achieved champions league and he shows no sign of being capable of arresting this current or continued slide. That suggests something fundamental is wrong, and it is NOT because we don’t have the players or because we over achieved due to BR’s magnificence. 

29 minutes ago, dobbylcfc said:

For me Brendan has no Excuses now something has to change yesterday felt to me like a end of a era Loss Chelsea are a very good team yes but they didn’t get out of first gear and we just looked so un interested this so called slump we are on for me seems to go back to covid party gate when he dropped madders which tbh I agreed with and I’m sure most on here at the time did as well but we seem to have been on a downward spiral since then yes we won the FA CUP CHARITY SHIELD and the Man U game but think long and hard back to our performances they haven’t been right for a while. 

Are you going for the ‘longest sentence of the week’ award?! 

But yes, it’s more than a slump that we’re in. 

• Haha 2

Brendan’s Dig at the fans booing at half time he needs to get into perspective I’m not a big fan of booing our own players but the half time booing where I was sat was more aimed at that incompetent Ref Paul Tierney who bent over backwards to give Chelsea every chance in the first half ( and most of second!) to gain a free kick the cards to Evans where he clearly took the ball same with Amartey was just a joke, and the amount of times the Brylcreme boy went over without being touched was awarded a free kick !

But after the refs display Brendan needs to look at why some booed and groaned at  the players l, we played a hell of a lot of negative and lack of confidence football yesterday and other games, yes we were missing Youri dictating the midfield but someone needs to step up when he’s not in the team ?

Our defence is only just that defensive hardly at times giving Kasper any protection allowing players space to score on corners and free kicks!

Brendan needs to look at his role before having a go at the fans he needs to get this team playing with confidence again, is this lack of confidence down to either the way he puts out his side and most don’t agree or is it down to stability in where the players haven’t really a clue if Brendan will still be there when OGS is finally sacked either way he needs to sort out his players tactics positioning and get this team back with full confidence again ?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, StevieH said:

Please let's all have a sense of perspective. Rodgers has done a fantastic job over last couple of years. Teams like Chelsea have a massive budget and unless we have a full strength side we are always going to struggle. Over last 6 months nearly the whole first team has been on the treatment table and we haven't had a settled side. Every team has ups and downs so let's just get behind the team and Rodgers.

Welcome to FT Brendan. Is it true about you and the "Trannies". 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Makes me laugh how he thinks the booing from a small minority could only be for the ithe players….  he cannot countenance that it may be for him and his ****ing tactics and  playing style.

God forbid a manager protect their players. 

• Like 1

Could it be that we've all jumped the gun here and Rodgers' job is absolutely safe and Top isn't even considering a change? He's also not interested in the Man U job and we've all whipped a storm up out of nothing. 

Edited by Collymore

7 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

I love BR, any manager that brings silverware you got to respect but please stop with the zonal-marking bullshit .

Please!!! 

There is nothing wrong with zonal marking, it is just that we seem to have introduced a 'no-go' zone - aka the six yard box.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Collymore said:

Could it be that we've all jumped the gun here and Rodgers job is absolutely safe and Top isn't even considering a change? He's also not interested in the Man U job and we've all whipped a storm up out of nothing. 

Yep-  This is FT.

• Like 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 minute ago, Collymore said:

Could it be that we've all jumped the gun here and Rodgers job is absolutely safe and Top isn't even considering a change? He's also not interested in the Man U job and we've all whipped a storm up out of nothing. 

I think this is highly likely tbh.

I’m not disputing is BR a good coach, is he a good a man-manager - I think he is. I’m disputing whether he has the personal attributes to turn this round - he clearly has a football philosophy, keep the ball and control the game. It’s certainty a modern approach. It’s also naive at times. The big question is whether he is able to adapt and play a different brand, or whether he is too stubborn or simply not able to do it. 

2 minutes ago, g7fox said:

Check out the Man Utd forums, the vast majority do not want Rodgers.

At the minute you can't really blame them! He isn't showing any improvement on Ole.  

I think Brendan knows it too. He looks rattled. He can't turn this situation around and if he wants the Man Utd job then the players are not playing for him to enable him to get it.

The organised and planned Brendan is in a bit of a pickle at the moment.  He may not have any back up plan.

38 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

Kasper

Ricardo

Evans

Syoncu

Chilwell

N’didi

Tilemans

Maddison

Perez

Vardy

Barnes

This was pretty much our first 11 every week during our most successful period under BR. We won 8 games in a row with this 11 but you never see this set up anymore.

The football we played in the first half of the 2019-20 season was outstanding. I felt we were actually better than our title winning team at times. 

Honestly believe if it wasn't for COVID, we would have finished in the top 4 comfortably that season.

Never quite hit the heights since as you say. Injuries to key players definitely haven't helped but strange selections and reluctance to address glaring issues he really isn't doing himself any favours.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I think this is highly likely tbh.

We as a club won't be considering a change, Brendan is bullet proof until we look like relegation candidates and there's not a lot we can do about it. Man Utd will come after him but it won't happen and we'll be gutted 😂

1 minute ago, TK95 said:

The football we played in the first half of the 2019-20 season was outstanding. I felt we were actually better than our title winning team at times. 

Honestly believe if it wasn't for COVID, we would have finished in the top 4 comfortably that season.

Never quite hit the heights since as you say. Injuries to key players definitely haven't helped but strange selections and reluctance to address glaring issues he really isn't doing himself any favours.

I agree completely. I look back at wins against the likes of Southampton and Arsenal and purr over how good we were. 

If I was BR I’d be showing the lads clips of those games and getting them back to that. We’ve got most of the same personnel so really can’t see why we can’t go back to it. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Our form from December till Lockdown was poor though.

Those back to back hammering’s against Man City and Liverpool really damaged us and Rodgers

• Like 2