Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

4 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

I agree completely. I look back at wins against the likes of Southampton and Arsenal and purr over how good we were. 

If I was BR I’d be showing the lads clips of those games and getting them back to that. We’ve got most of the same personnel so really can’t see why we can’t go back to it. 

why does he not look back at it, because yesterdays starting line up was possibly the most negative i have seen from him 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, murphy said:

Well not this season obviously, but yes.  To finish fifth twice and win a trophy is hugely overachieving for us.  The top six have turnovers double to triple ours.  That cartel should be unbreakable and out of reach but we managed to sneak in there twice.

Can we stop calling it overachieving and just call it doing well? 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Dames said:

I might be verging in conspiracy theory territory but I actually think Rodgers is manoeuvring his way out. I cant get my head around the fact that the 4th highest paid manager in the league, an FA cup winning manager cannot get to grips with the most basic tactical mistakes that are happening.

In my opinion he’s realised that his stock has never been higher after winning the FA cup with ‘little old Leicester’ and it’s probably his last chance to take on a real big job. Leicester wouldn’t be willing to let him go easy if he’d have kept us moving forward. His comments after the game yesterday were an endorsement of brand Brendan a ‘look what i’ve done with little old Leicester’ with an added bonus of riling up an already disgruntled fanbase. A good proportion of fans would now be willing to see the back of him which would make the boards job a lot easier if there weren’t fan protests to deal with. 

As soon as comments like that start coming out you know the manager has one eye on the exit for whatever reason, you don’t slate your own fans, even if they are slating you because it just makes your long term position look bleak.

In the end I think its all been designed to make his exit easier, if thats another club like Utd coming calling or letting him go. I think he’s ready for his next challenge and wants out. 

There is also an absolute car crash coming over the next 18 months:

Best player running down his contract

4/5 other starters with contracts up in 18 months

Only experienced centre back has a chronic injury

Captain planning to leave in next couple of years

Talismanic goal scorer 35 in January

New training ground and stadium expansion to pay off

Younger players coming through not of the quality we had when he took over: Thomas, Choudhury, Dewsbury-Hall, Fofana and Daka are no Tielemans, Barnes, Maddison, Soyuncu and Chilwell

Whoever takes over has got an enormous rebuild on their hands. When Tielemans leaves we will suffer in the same way we suffered when Mahrez left. Our whole style of play breaks down when we don’t have players who can pass the ball forwards through the centre of the pitch. Other than Tielemans and Maddison when he’s playing deeper we’ve got nothing in that department.

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The fact they are considering an interim manager at United sets it up perfectly for him. Club are gonna have to call his bluff; can’t have that over us between now and end of the season 

As long as they don’t offer him a new contract!

2 minutes ago, ttfn said:

There is also an absolute car crash coming over the next 18 months:

Best player running down his contract

4/5 other starters with contracts up in 18 months

Only experienced centre back has a chronic injury

Captain planning to leave in next couple of years

Talismanic goal scorer 35 in January

New training ground and stadium expansion to pay off

Younger players coming through not of the quality we had when he took over: Thomas, Choudhury, Dewsbury-Hall, Fofana and Daka are no Tielemans, Barnes, Maddison, Soyuncu and Chilwell

Whoever takes over has got an enormous rebuild on their hands. When Tielemans leaves we will suffer in the same way we suffered when Mahrez left. Our whole style of play breaks down when we don’t have players who can pass the ball forwards through the centre of the pitch. Other than Tielemans and Maddison when he’s playing deeper we’ve got nothing in that department.

On the flip side though, a new appointment might bring a freshness to the club and some of those issues could be resolved. Plenty of players were disillusioned under Puel yet were reinvigorated under Rodgers, it could happen again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smudgerfox said:

One other thing worth mentioning about our achievements last season. Our FA Cup win and our sustained though ultimately failed CL challenge last season owed an awful lot to the prolific goal scoring of Kelechi. A player who BR refused to start until more or less forced to, because he doesn’t fit the hallowed BR “system”. A graphic came up in MOTD last night that showed Kelechi as 4th in the goals scored to minutes charts …everyone else on the graphic was a regular starter at their club. Yet we persist with Vards who misses penalties and whose touches in a game can often be counted in single figures. As with defensive corners the system is paramount even when it demonstrably doesn’t work. 

I agree that Kelechi has a right to feel short changed, but Vardy is not the problem.  We only have the points we have this year because of him.

Just now, Nalis said:

Interim manager until the end of the season for Man U doesnt sound like it equates to Brendan going.

Maybe in the short term it works out for us. If he wants any chance of it at the end of the season he’s really got to pull his head out of his backside and sort things out here. The alternative is that it ends up very messy and things deteriorate further. United wanting an interim would suggest Zidane definitely doesn’t want it, and their preferred candidates are in post already 

• Like 1

It’s more likely to be Steve Bruce than Rodgers having read that official statement. They clearly have someone lined up in the summer. Or at least some one in mind. 

No one in work is gonna leave to be caretaker, I think Carrick will end up doing it rest of the season. 

1 minute ago, FoxesWalk said:

It’s more likely to be Steve Bruce than Rodgers having read that official statement. They clearly have someone lined up in the summer. Or at least some one in mind. 

No one in work is gonna leave to be caretaker, I think Carrick will end up doing it rest of the season. 

Rodgers should back himself to take the job and get a contract imo

1 minute ago, FoxesWalk said:

Too high a risk for a club in Manchester United’s position. It is vital that they qualify for champions league football. 

22 minutes ago, Dames said:

I might be verging in conspiracy theory territory but I actually think Rodgers is manoeuvring his way out. I cant get my head around the fact that the 4th highest paid manager in the league, an FA cup winning manager cannot get to grips with the most basic tactical mistakes that are happening.

In my opinion he’s realised that his stock has never been higher after winning the FA cup with ‘little old Leicester’ and it’s probably his last chance to take on a real big job. Leicester wouldn’t be willing to let him go easy if he’d have kept us moving forward. His comments after the game yesterday were an endorsement of brand Brendan a ‘look what i’ve done with little old Leicester’ with an added bonus of riling up an already disgruntled fanbase. A good proportion of fans would now be willing to see the back of him which would make the boards job a lot easier if there weren’t fan protests to deal with. 

As soon as comments like that start coming out you know the manager has one eye on the exit for whatever reason, you don’t slate your own fans, even if they are slating you because it just makes your long term position look bleak.

In the end I think its all been designed to make his exit easier, if thats another club like Utd coming calling or letting him go. I think he’s ready for his next challenge and wants out. 

Then just resign

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dames said:

I must admit Brendan has been the most guarded manager I've ever seen with the media, to the point I often got wound up how cautious he was and nothing was ever revealed. This has turned on its head this week with the attack on the reporter to even dare ask him about the Man U vacancy and then cutting through the fans with an anti-aircraft gun. Note nothing about self reflection or the buck stopping with him. 

You know Brendan isn't the type to say something without careful consideration so there is definitely an agenda here. 

I remember when Big Nige swung for some of the the fans with his "delusions of grandeur" line that time. It was a complete emotional response in the moment but he made sure we knew it wasn't everyone he was talking about... Brendan has just attacked all fans with out even considering his wording as if he all of a sudden doesn't give a flying ****. It's a personality change within a week. Something has happened.

Edited by Collymore
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Interim manager until the end of the season for Man U doesnt sound like it equates to Brendan going. Thats how I read it anyway but I could be wrong.

Northcroft from Times reported a few weeks back that the perfect case for Rodgers is he takes a job at end or start of season; he didn’t like the backlash he faced at Celtic for leaving mid way through the season and as a result his reputation damaged 

• Like 1

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

Northcroft from Times reported a few weeks back that the perfect case for Rodgers is he takes a job at end or start of season; he didn’t like the backlash he faced at Celtic for leaving mid way through the season and as a result his reputation damaged 

He’s getting backlash right now for criticising the fans… Manchester United are trying to force his hand I reckon..

• Like 1