Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

13 minutes ago, ttfn said:

There is also an absolute car crash coming over the next 18 months:

Best player running down his contract

4/5 other starters with contracts up in 18 months

Only experienced centre back has a chronic injury

Captain planning to leave in next couple of years

Talismanic goal scorer 35 in January

New training ground and stadium expansion to pay off

Younger players coming through not of the quality we had when he took over: Thomas, Choudhury, Dewsbury-Hall, Fofana and Daka are no Tielemans, Barnes, Maddison, Soyuncu and Chilwell

Whoever takes over has got an enormous rebuild on their hands. When Tielemans leaves we will suffer in the same way we suffered when Mahrez left. Our whole style of play breaks down when we don’t have players who can pass the ball forwards through the centre of the pitch. Other than Tielemans and Maddison when he’s playing deeper we’ve got nothing in that department.

Nature of what occurred a few years back wasnt it? Shakespeare and Puel had to work with similar scenarios into the next post Champions cycle. This is why Rudkin earns his dollar supposedly 

42 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Could it be that we've all jumped the gun here and Rodgers' job is absolutely safe and Top isn't even considering a change? He's also not interested in the Man U job and we've all whipped a storm up out of nothing. 

More likely Man U don't want him, he would 100% want the Man U job

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Collymore said:

I must admit Brendan has been the most guarded manager I've ever seen with the media, to the point I often got wound up how cautious he was and nothing was ever revealed. This has turned on its head this week with the attack on the reporter to even dare ask him about the Man U vacancy and then cutting through the fans with an anti-aircraft gun. Note nothing about self reflection or the buck stopping with him. 

You know Brendan isn't the type to say something without careful consideration so there is definitely an agenda here. 

I remember when Big Nige swung for some of the the fans with his "delusions of grandeur" line that time. It was a complete emotional response in the moment but he made sure we knew it wasn't everyone he was talking about... Brendan has just attacked all fans with out even considering his wording as if he all of a sudden doesn't give a flying ****. It's a personality change within a week. Something has happened.

Exactly and the players are being affected by whatever is happening with him too because you can tell they are disillusioned. 

12 minutes ago, John12345 said:

Then just resign

And lose the chance of a monster pay off? Nobody would do that. 

If he wants to go then he needs to just go.  If Man Utd don't take him then I fear for our season as the players know he wants out so he has lost that dressing room.  I fear the longer he stays the more players we lose. We need a massive fresh start.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Maybe in the short term it works out for us. If he wants any chance of it at the end of the season he’s really got to pull his head out of his backside and sort things out here. The alternative is that it ends up very messy and things deteriorate further. United wanting an interim would suggest Zidane definitely doesn’t want it, and their preferred candidates are in post already 

That’s unless manure reps have met Brendan agent and agreed a package (plus compensation to ourselves) at the seasons end. Ensuring irrespective of how poor we are he has a guaranteed job at seasons end.

1 minute ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

And he’ll walk at the end of the season anyway. 

Then what?

Exactly, if he wants out and the players know it then this season is going to be dreadful and we could lose players because of it.

19 minutes ago, John12345 said:

Then just resign

If he resigns he will loose millions, so why would he do that. It’s better for him to get sacked, receiving pay off in the process. 

unless manure offer to pay a bonus, meaning we don’t then need to pay him off. In this case he’d resign. 

7 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Rodgers isn’t going to United. They will get Zizu, Rodgers has got to try and and turn his fortunes around here…..

Ending the circus around him would still help. 

Still not 100% Zindane will take it. I think he will wait for the France job.

7 minutes ago, turkish14 said:

That’s unless manure reps have met Brendan agent and agreed a package (plus compensation to ourselves) at the seasons end. Ensuring irrespective of how poor we are he has a guaranteed job at seasons end.

I can’t see United risking appointing a manager who potentially over the course of a season has been unable to arrest a massive regression. Their fan base would be in uproar and I can’t see our board allowing things to stagnate akin to Pellegrini before Guardiola coming into Man City by allowing someone who doesn’t want to be here in charge for 2/3 of a season