Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Weren't we set for an interim and then we got Rodgers? If they do want him, he'll know this is his chance and thst the end of the season and they're likely to look elsewhere if our form continues, he's starting to get questioned again after being flavour of the month for the last 2 years.

They don't want him.

United will try and go for Zidane or wait until the end of the season for Ten Hag to keep the fans happy. They leaked the rumours about Rodgers to the press to see what the fan base reaction would be and it went down like a lead ballon. 

Mant Utd a champion team and they will get a champion coach.

Why the hell they would go after a football manager who lost 3-0 previously made his team play chicken s*it football. No sense.

Unfortunately we will still have to put up with BR and his outdated football strategies a bit longer.

2 hours ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

I’m bored of the same old crap he serves up in pre match interviews.

I’m bored of not being able to trust a word our manager says (injuries & set piece coach)

I’m bored of his stubbornness and reluctance to admit he’s wrong and change things. 

I’ve backed Rodgers all the way, but I don’t know what it is, I’ve said it for a while now but he’s lost his spark! I’ve not seen him smile for months and after what we’ve been served up in recent weeks I don’t know if he can turn it around. He seems way to distracted and the players don’t seem to be responding to him.

I do share this sentiment. Pretty much word for word. 

1 hour ago, Area88 said:

Klopp lost the way last year with Liverpool but they didn't sack him. Now they are reaping the rewards.

Liverpool's issues last season were mainly down to the injury problems they suffered and they've recovered this season now most of their players are back. Leicester had similar injury problems last season and Rodgers managed this better than Klopp but things have gone south this season even with an improved squad. Evans is back now but we're still dog shite. 

Edited by turlo
typo

1 hour ago, Area88 said:

Klopp lost the way last year with Liverpool but they didn't sack him. Now they are reaping the rewards.

They had half their first team out injured and a manger suffering from a death in his family.

Once they had bodies back they finished the season really strongly

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Rodgers isn't Klopp

Leicester City isn't Liverpool. You're only as good as your players. Cheap Skates always trying to get more than what you paid for. Drop a 100 mil in a window for a  world class defender and attacker like Liverpool did for Van Dijk and Becker and you might begin to have a point.

Just now, Ricey said:

Pretty obvious that they either don’t want him or he doesn’t want to go otherwise I don’t think they would reference an interim manager in an official statement.

Or they are will to give him a chance to prove himself.

I think he would even take it on a interim basis, believing he could do enough to convince them.

Just now, coolhandfox said:

I think he would even take it on a interim basis, believing he could do enough to convince them.

No way Rodgers would leave a long term lucrative contract here to go in as a stop gap at Man Utd. It would be bad for his bank balance and bad for his reputation.

3 minutes ago, Ricey said:

No way Rodgers would leave a long term lucrative contract here to go in as a stop gap at Man Utd. It would be bad for his bank balance and bad for his reputation.

Depend on how he view our current situation.

Money is important but he's no short of a a bob or two.

Could be he's last chance to manage one of the big clubs, massive gamble but could pay off.

Edited by coolhandfox

7 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

If he wasn't working than he could put himself in a Tuchel like situation and I'd agree.

No doubt he'd rightly back himself after what he's accomplished so far in his career.

37 minutes ago, murphy said:

There's a difference between saying it and achieving it.  I imagine there is a whole host of clubs that all have similar aspirations but it was us that broke in and won a major trophy to boot.  You only need look at the respective budgets and net spends of other clubs to see that we have been overachieving.  We have twice achieved our best league position since 1962 under Rodgers (except for the title season of course).  I do think that failing to get over the CL line has hindered our ability to sustain it though.  Although I really like Daka, we failed to strengthen the first XI this summer.

There does appear to be problems now.  Where has the intensity gone? 

My own view is that I would be ambivalent to an approach from United for Rodgers.  Even the best managers can reach the end of the road at different clubs and fresh ideas and impetus might be a tonic.  If not, I think Rodgers has earned the right to try to turn this around.

We should all be aware that we also have a part to play in this.  This is the place to air our frustrations but at the ground we have a job to do and that is to be the twelfth man and get behind the team.  I can't see that booing helps anyone.

Very good post, some balance to all of this however emotive and frustrating this decline is. We've maximized our ability and how we operate considerably more so than those around us but we worked damn hard to get to where we are and once we've got here it has given us a platform to allow us to compete with the big 6. A drop off shouldn't just be batted off as to be expected and its because of finances because its too easy to hide behind that.

Some of what's happening now is unacceptable, we are one of the worst teams in the league right now, this isn't just us back to challenging the best of the rest in the top half, we look mid table to bottom 6 fodder right now. 

• Like 1

Guest StevieLynex
1 hour ago, Area88 said:

Different class of Manager to Brendan I'm afraid. Managing Swansea isn't quite the same as Dortmund

8 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

He's need to have been released from his contract though wouldn't he? Utd aren't going to pay £10-20m in compensation for an interim boss. We'd need him and Top to agree to go their separate ways so we don't pay compensation to sack him and Utd don't have to pay it to appoint him. Very very unlikely. Top and the board are bowled over by him, it will take relegation form for them to think otherwise.

Guest StevieLynex
11 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Let's hop so

13 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Leicester City isn't Liverpool. You're only as good as your players. Cheap Skates always trying to get more than what you paid for. Drop a 100 mil in a window for a  world class defender and attacker like Liverpool did for Van Dijk and Becker and you might begin to have a point.

That Becker has been shite - only scored once for them. Absolutely robbing a living.

3 hours ago, Aleksz said:

They’re stalling to the end of the season to bide their time for either Rodgers or maybe even Poch.

If they wanted Zidane they’d do it now.

It’s going to be an absolute circus until the end of the season now and as @Chocolate Teapothas said numerous times the club will never sack him with that bumper contract. 

I honestly don’t see why they would want zidane. What exactly has he done that makes people think he is a good manager? Yes he won the champions league with Madrid but with the team he had at the time I think my cat could have won the champions league with them! Since then they were average at best and have been going down hill for a while.

note: Not directed at quoted person you just mentioned zidane so was convenient 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He's need to have been released from his contract though wouldn't he? Utd aren't going to pay £10-20m in compensation for an interim boss. We'd need him and Top to agree to go their separate ways so we don't pay compensation to sack him and Utd don't have to pay it to appoint him. Very very unlikely. Top and the board are bowled over by him, it will take relegation form for them to think otherwise.

They need CL football, it will cost them a lot more then 10-20m if they don't get it.

10m -20m is nothing to Man U.