Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

28 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Leicester City isn't Liverpool. You're only as good as your players. Cheap Skates always trying to get more than what you paid for. Drop a 100 mil in a window for a  world class defender and attacker like Liverpool did for Van Dijk and Becker and you might begin to have a point.

That would be a good point if Rodgers hadn't already managed Liverpool and won nothing.

Did you see the state of that squad that Klopp inherited from Rodgers? Players like Moreno, Lovren, Saka, Benteke, Ibe, Allen, Sakho.

Edited by Fox92

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

They need CL football, it will cost them a lot more then 10-20m if they don't get it.

10m -20m is nothing to Man U. 

But they won't pay that for an interim will they, if they want him they want him. I think they would be interested but he's not they're number 1 long term target.

We're lumbered with him.

• Sad 1

Just now, Ric Flair said:

But they won't pay that for an interim will they, if they want him they want him. I think they would be interested but he's not they're number 1 long term target.

We're lumbered with him.

Just because they say they are looking for a interim means nothing.

It could be gamesmanship, forcing people hands.

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We're lumbered with him.

Nailed on we'll have a climbdown over his fan comments yesterday in the press conference now he's probably staying.

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We're lumbered with him.

They need a BIG name, there are  a massive worldwide brand, unfortunately Rodgers is not that.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Northcroft from Times reported a few weeks back that the perfect case for Rodgers is he takes a job at end or start of season; he didn’t like the backlash he faced at Celtic for leaving mid way through the season and as a result his reputation damaged 

The irony is:

a) Many want him to go, now.

b) He might face a backlash if he continues here - I said the other week we're just going through the motions now, going round in circle and I only see this going one way from here on in.

c) He could result in damaging his reputation if he continues here until the end of the season - Whether he indeed wants the Man Utd job or any other 'top' job for that matter.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

The irony is:

a) Many want him to go, now.

b) He might face a backlash if he continues here - I said the other week we're just going through the motions now, going round in circle and I only see this going one way from here on in.

c) He could result in damaging his reputation if he continues here until the end of the season - Whether he indeed wants the Man Utd job or any other 'top' job for that matter.

I would drive him to Manchester 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Area88 said:

Klopp lost the way last year with Liverpool but they didn't sack him. Now they are reaping the rewards.

Please don’t compare Klopp to Rodgers it’s like a mini vs Ferrari……

He didn’t lose plot he had a mountain of injuries last season but still played attacking football and got Top 4 - he has a plan, organisation, high tempo, youngsters introduced and does not think about himself or his image before speaking the truth.

BR is miles away…..it’s brand Rodgers full of rubbish…..he did similar in all his previous jobs…..I be amazed if he turns this around as I said in earlier post he is an enigma in many ways ……United won’t come calling 

Better the devil you know in my opinion. Rodgers is not stupid , he is getting a kicking in the media and he won't be liking that. He will want to stabilise the situation quickly and the defensive issues are of overriding importance. Ndidi's poor form is a major problem and he may have to play three central midfielders  to toughen up our core. Wingers are an unnecessary luxury right now , especially if they won't defend. The set piece issue is a major problem and a lot of that is to do with Schmeichel not commanding his six yard box. This is a fundamental weakness in his game that has always been there. He is one of the greatest shot stoppers of all time but the balance is tipping against him.We can turn this around, we have the players but they have got to knuckle down.

5 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Better the devil you know in my opinion. Rodgers is not stupid , he is getting a kicking in the media and he won't be liking that. He will want to stabilise the situation quickly and the defensive issues are of overriding importance. Ndidi's poor form is a major problem and he may have to play three central midfielders  to toughen up our core. Wingers are an unnecessary luxury right now , especially if they won't defend. The set piece issue is a major problem and a lot of that is to do with Schmeichel not commanding his six yard box. This is a fundamental weakness in his game that has always been there. He is one of the greatest shot stoppers of all time but the balance is tipping against him.We can turn this around, we have the players but they have got to knuckle down.

Is he?

Or has he used booing fans as a shield to deflect blame and take the heat of him? TalkSport (For whatever anyone thinks of them) were slagging us off the other week and after yesterday, It was one of the first things Sky commented on when talking about the game yesterday, i've certainly see nothing of the sort regarding him 'getting kicking in the media'.

You're quite right, Rodgers is not stupid.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Maybe we could Throw in a few moany, overly negative posters with terrible banter who contribute very little to the site while we are at it. 

Hahaha, You think my posters is negative??? I'm actually looking very lightly into our dismal situation. 

You've got to read other doomsday comments  or maybe take it up to some yoga classes to chillax even.

And FYI, mine was a serious suggestion/ contribution to get rid of BR, perez and Vestergard.

17 hours ago, ttfn said:

The worst thing about those Rodgers comments is that they appear to be in response to being booed off at half time, a half in which we had 0 shots.

If that doesn’t deserve condemnation from paying fans then nothing does. 57 minutes it took for us to have an attempt on goal.

I think people can handle being well beaten by the European champions but we didn’t even compete.

I have never ran a football club, but if any manager of mine did that, he would be called in and it would be explained to him if the fans/customers boo, then he apologies for the performance regardless of his personal feelings on the subject.

Apologising can still protect the players, managers who do apologise usually do it in a manner without passing blame on anything other than "us" or "me".

Edited by Chrysalis

1 hour ago, Ricey said:

No way Rodgers would leave a long term lucrative contract here to go in as a stop gap at Man Utd. It would be bad for his bank balance and bad for his reputation.

Conversation

1gdL44U8_x96.jpg

Sources tell CBS ten Hag is in United's sights. Convincing him to leave mid-season is the challenge. Zidane is wanted by certain United board members, but is reluctant. He is available now, though. Rodgers is in the mix and would be willing to leave Leicester.

Guest Danny Clender
2 hours ago, murphy said:

There's a difference between saying it and achieving it.  I imagine there is a whole host of clubs that all have similar aspirations but it was us that broke in and won a major trophy to boot.  You only need look at the respective budgets and net spends of other clubs to see that we have been overachieving.  We have twice achieved our best league position since 1962 under Rodgers (except for the title season of course).  I do think that failing to get over the CL line has hindered our ability to sustain it though.  Although I really like Daka, we failed to strengthen the first XI this summer.

There does appear to be problems now.  Where has the intensity gone? 

My own view is that I would be ambivalent to an approach from United for Rodgers.  Even the best managers can reach the end of the road at different clubs and fresh ideas and impetus might be a tonic.  If not, I think Rodgers has earned the right to try to turn this around.

We should all be aware that we also have a part to play in this.  This is the place to air our frustrations but at the ground we have a job to do and that is to be the twelfth man and get behind the team.  I can't see that booing helps anyone.

Spot on! 
I can’t help but think we’re both conflicted in terms of what to do, which is ?

2 hours ago, turlo said:

United will try and go for Zidane or wait until the end of the season for Ten Hag to keep the fans happy. They leaked the rumours about Rodgers to the press to see what the fan base reaction would be and it went down like a lead ballon. 

Was just a bunch of wannabe tweeters who pretend they have contacts, the only actual press who commented were commenting based on betting odds, no substance.

Now days too many people treat twitter as the press.

In contrast Gerrard to Villa had actual press writing about it before it happened.

I could make a twitter account tomorrow and start predicting things, if I get it right some times I would perhaps be considered someone with sources.

Edited by Chrysalis

Guest StevieLynex
1 hour ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

That Becker has been shite - only scored once for them. Absolutely robbing a living.

Should have stuck with tennis

1 hour ago, Old Fox said:

Please don’t compare Klopp to Rodgers it’s like a mini vs Ferrari……

He didn’t lose plot he had a mountain of injuries last season but still played attacking football and got Top 4 - he has a plan, organisation, high tempo, youngsters introduced and does not think about himself or his image before speaking the truth.

BR is miles away…..it’s brand Rodgers full of rubbish…..he did similar in all his previous jobs…..I be amazed if he turns this around as I said in earlier post he is an enigma in many ways ……United won’t come calling 

BR achieved an FA Cup win and two top 5 finishes.  (Without Chelsea or Man City's transfer budgets).

I am struggling to see how BR is a mini and Klopp is a Ferrari.

Did you mean mini corvette?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Was just a bunch of wannabe tweeters who pretend they have contacts, the only actual press who commented were commenting based on betting odds, no substance.

Now days too many people treat twitter as the press.

In contrast Gerrard to Villa had actual press writing about it before it happened.

I could make a twitter account tomorrow and start predicting things, if I get it right some times I would perhaps be considered someone with sources.

It was reported by most media outlets that Rodgers was  on Man Utds short list and many of those journo's have twitter accounts as well. I'm not referring to the reports that Man Utd had approached Rodgers/had an agreement in place with Rodgers as those were mainly from less credible sources.

It's an approach often used by Man Utds PR team to release stories to the media and gauge how the fan base reacts.  

• Like 1