Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

I don't think the comments are quite as bad as some are making out but make no bones about it, he is certainly deflecting. I think he is quite fortunate that the media either aren't watching enough of us or are reluctant to criticism him for some reason. MOTD didn't say a word about how bad we were. Not one. Why? I know Chelsea being great is the bigger story but did they even watch the game? Its frustrating that it doesn't seem to have been picked up how consistently poor we have been. I *almost* wish the offside goals would've counted so that a bit more pressure would be on Brendan to take the blame.

Our form is terrible and it is fooking embarassing how we seem to be suffering from the same shit week in, week out. The zonal marking simply doesn't work and it is painful to watch us defend set pieces. 

I think what initially may have been a lack of personnel and trying to make do with difficult circumstances has now, unfortunately, become a chronic problem. Clearly we are lacking in confidence. We simply don't look like a team to me, its clear in the body language and the communication between the players that they are all scared. As has often been the case, the part of the game where we looked our best was before their third when we were still in it but it was getting late and there wasn't really anything to lose.

I don't really want Brendan to go and I don't see any way that he does (at least until the summer) unless we find ourselves hovering over the drop. But I have very little faith in his ability to turn this around now. I suspect we will do well enough in the league and one of the cups (once Wes and JJ are back) that the season will be considered as a down season. After that, who knows. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Area88 said:

BR achieved an FA Cup win and two top 5 finishes.  (Without Chelsea or Man City's transfer budgets).

I am struggling to see how BR is a mini and Klopp is a Ferrari.

Did you mean mini corvette?

Probably because Brendan was the first Liverpool manager not to win a serious trophy in his first three years whereas Klopp, well...... the rest is history. Harsh but true.

59 minutes ago, Area88 said:

BR achieved an FA Cup win and two top 5 finishes.  (Without Chelsea or Man City's transfer budgets).

I am struggling to see how BR is a mini and Klopp is a Ferrari.

Did you mean mini corvette?

The difference is Klopp has one or two bad results, but Mr Rodgers has had far too many this season

There's no doubt we are in a slump. 

The next two games are absolutely key to the season now to stop this turning into a repeat of Ranieri Season 2 and the Puel slide ending with the 1-4 defeat to Palace. 

We need to beat Legia to hold any realistic chance of qualifying in the Europa and then beat Watford to halt the slide into the relegation zone. 

Legia are poor in Poland this season and are already 2-0 down tonight at half-time so despite our current form we should have enough to beat them at home despite our recent rubbish. 

It's about time Rodgers receives some overdue criticism and proper focus from the national press for our performances this season.

I think there is no way United will go for Rodgers. Their fans don't like the Liverpool connection and his stock has been on the slide in recent weeks. There are better options for United abroad. They'll make do with Carrick for a few weeks and then go for the bigger names to get them top 4. I don't think they were anticipating to get rid of Ole so soon but after yesterday they were forced to. 

Edited by oxtonfox
spelling

Brendan has done a good job here and will always be well regarded after leading us to securing our first ever FA Cup.  Also our 2 5th placed finishes have been excellent albeit tainted by the end of season collapse on both occasions, however my concern is twofold - 

1) I feel Rodgers and his methods have hit a ceiling, performances and results are on a downward spiral 

2) I am far from convinced Rodgers really wants to be here anymore, this was always a stepping stone for him and I can’t help but think timing wise, the summer was the time he wanted to move on to something bigger and better. 

The concern I have now is that we are in a precarious position, is he committed? Do the players believe in him? 

Top has a massive decision do we stick and run the risk of things becoming even more stale and undoing the good work of the last few years, or do we see this as a time to twist and freshen things up again. We have a talented squad and world class training facilities but the players look frustrated and the motivation and intensity is not there, that comes from the Manager and his back room team, I fear he has lost the respect of the dressing room. Something has to change as currently we are sleepwalking into trouble 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, turlo said:

Liverpool's issues last season were mainly down to the injury problems they suffered and they've recovered this season now most of their players are back. Leicester had similar injury problems last season and Rodgers managed this better than Klopp but things have gone south this season even with an improved squad. Evans is back now but we're still dog shite. 

So Liverpools issues were excusable down to injuries even though they have the messiah I'm Klopp and a massively better squad.

Yet our injuries,far worse and more significant considering squad and size of club aren't a factor, ffs do I need to trot out the list of players missing over the period ?  Saying we're still dog shite even though Evans is back and not making allowances for BR is incredulous.

I'm not saying Brendan is faultless or beyond reproach I just think there should be an element of reason and a more balanced evaluation.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

So Liverpools issues were excusable down to injuries even though they have the messiah I'm Klopp and a massively better squad.

Yet our injuries,far worse and more significant considering squad and size of club aren't a factor, ffs do I need to trot out the list of players missing over the period ?  Saying we're still dog shite even though Evans is back and not making allowances for BR is incredulous.

I'm not saying Brendan is faultless or beyond reproach I just think there should be an element of reason and a more balanced evaluation.

This sums up my oppinion yes we haven’t been good but we have had a number of long term injuries that coincide with our dip in form. Has Rodgers got things wrong? Yes. Does he need to improve? Yes. But I believe as the players start coming back from injury we will improve. 

having said this their does seem to be a problem in mentality with the players at the moment but this could just be a lack of belief from the poor form get a couple of good wins in and I’m sure we will be back.

• Like 1

I see Brendan "Hyacinth Bucket" Rogèr has let the mask slip again.

I've been saying for a couple of years he's a top manager up to a point, but he's obsessed with money and stature and never believed we could get top 4 despite us having comparable first 11s and the multiple omnishambles that were going on at Manu, Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea at the time.

If he didn't expect us to capitalise and finish in those spots why would the players?

image.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

This sums up my oppinion yes we haven’t been good but we have had a number of long term injuries that coincide with our dip in form. Has Rodgers got things wrong? Yes. Does he need to improve? Yes. But I believe as the players start coming back from injury we will improve. 

having said this their does seem to be a problem in mentality with the players at the moment but this could just be a lack of belief from the poor form get a couple of good wins in and I’m sure we will be back.

Thank you and touche.

Yesterday was disappointing and a very good Chelsea side schooled us.

Not many will say we were missing Youri, Ricardo, JJ, little Wes and returnees Harvey and Wilf aren't up to speed yet. Half a team just there but purely just the loss of Youri is massive.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Serious question would anyone take Pearson over Brendan now?

Amusing to note that some of those rightly pillorying Brendan over zonal defending are the same ones that venerate Pearson. 

In answer to your question, as unbelievable as it is, I'm convinced that there are - fortunately, the club would not. 

37 minutes ago, BigGibbo said:

I see Brendan "Hyacinth Bucket" Rogèr has let the mask slip again.

I've been saying for a couple of years he's a top manager up to a point, but he's obsessed with money and stature and never believed we could get top 4 despite us having comparable first 11s and the multiple omnishambles that were going on at Manu, Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea at the time.

If he didn't expect us to capitalise and finish in those spots why would the players?

image.jpg

So you don’t believe ’hand on heart’ that we haven’t over achieved then, all things considered?