Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 minutes ago, Izzy said:

This seems to be a popular opinion, so I'm going to offer a different one.

I think he does want to be here. I think he really likes being Leicester manager. I think he likes working with Top, Susan and Rudkin and I think he genuinely loves the players he works with.

I think he's frustrated and his pride is hurt, but I genuinely think he wants to turn it around. 

I'd love this to be the case. But when you make mistakes and want to make amends the first thing to do is introspection. 

Rodgers blamed the fans and his perception of club size. He's incapable of allowing the public to see he's made a mistake. 

If nothing else it's the measure of the man, that. For the sake of clarity I want him here and don't want him to leave. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, BigGibbo said:

I see Brendan "Hyacinth Bucket" Rogèr has let the mask slip again.

I've been saying for a couple of years he's a top manager up to a point, but he's obsessed with money and stature and never believed we could get top 4 despite us having comparable first 11s and the multiple omnishambles that were going on at Manu, Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea at the time.

If he didn't expect us to capitalise and finish in those spots why would the players?

image.jpg

Remember when he first joined us and would start the first half too cautious, then he'd let the reigns off second half (giving too much respect to the oppositions), it would make winnable games to a draw.

His comments would constantly be how much of a big club the opposition are, it would drive me nuts.

6 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I think he does want to be here. I think he really likes being Leicester manager. I think he likes working with Top, Susan and Rudkin and I think he genuinely loves the players he works with.

I think he's frustrated and his pride is hurt, but I genuinely think he wants to turn it around. 

Good post. I think you're right, he genuinely likes the setup here and the agency he is given. The trust from the club higher ups is great for him after the 'transfer committee' at Liverpool. Having said that I think he would move to an opportunity he feels he can rise to given the chance. Both these things can be true at the same time.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Izzy said:

But it's the players who have overachieved under his enlightened regime. Not, I have not a scooby what to do regarding shit set pieces, a leaking defence, boring football, no edge up front and a distinct lack of tactical nous at the moment. 

2 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Pearson’s by far and away my favourite manager. He’d certainly get these players playing for the manager again.

But for how long?

Not for me anymore, we’ve progressed too much for him

Yeah he’s a ****ing legend 

• Like 1