Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, MrsJohnMurphy said:

I'd take the feeling of belonging and passion I had for this club when Nige was in charge, even when we were bottom of the league I'd defend us to the hilt

Now........meh

I think you're nostalgic and forgotten how terrible we were most of that PL season under NP. 

And I'm a big NP fan. 

Edited by Stevosevic

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

Serious question would anyone take Pearson over Brendan now?

11 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Ridiculous. Assume you're joking. 

I couldn't believe he's asking this either. 

I mean I'd have taken Pearson even after we'd just won the FA Cup, let alone just now. 

Big Nigel is a living legend and WILL be back one day, mark my words. 

Edited by Collymore
  • Like 2

Just now, Collymore said:

I couldn't believe he's asking this either. I mean I'd have taken Pearson even after we'd just won the FA Cup, let alone just now. 

Big Nigel is a living legend and WILL be back one day, mark my words. 

Legend mate 

Just now, Unabomber said:

Would take him in an instant stevo 

Harping back to good times in times past is not a recipe for future success I am afraid

The risk of tarnishing Nigel’s legacy would be very real unfortunately and nobody wants that.

33 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

But it's the players who have overachieved under his enlightened regime. Not, I have not a scooby what to do regarding shit set pieces, a leaking defence, boring football, no edge up front and a distinct lack of tactical nous at the moment. 

That wasn't the point of my post.

My point is many are saying his hearts not in it/he wants a move etc. and I'm saying I think he does actually want to be here and turn it around.

Whether he can fix it or not is a different issue... 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

?

There is absolutely no reason to think Brendan Rodgers will get us relegated. Undoing his excellent work because of a poor run, and claiming that poor run is a much bigger problem than it is, is exactly the type of attitude from our fans that almost got Pearson sacked after Watford and would have lost us everything that came after.

Edited by Mark_w

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah I get that but he's not one for hitting the ground running since he's left us except for Watford he got a tune out of them straight the way. You have to have that now or you don't get very long to build. 

Yes, That's the problem with modern Owners they want instant success and unless you have elite players and a big squad like Chelsea it's difficult.

Injuries aside, Brendan has created a lot of his own problems by not dealing with the obvious.

2 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

This is bollocks. We were unlucky to be bottom 3. 

We kept losing and couldn’t win enough games - I thInk that was the reason 

it’s amazing to think that in 2021 we still have albrighton playing RWB against a team top of the league and respected members of this forum want NP to be managing us!  And I thought 2020 was nuts ! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

Serious question would anyone take Pearson over Brendan now?

No, he’s played his part in our legacy. He’s the past and was the right man at the right time to clear out the crap. 

He wasn’t the man to tactically tweak us and push us on. Many of us acknowledge that Claudio was the correct person to win us the league, 

Horses for courses and all that. 

• Like 1

Just now, Stevosevic said:

We went 3 months without a win. Twice lol

And we’d showed constant progression under Pearson and like literally every defeat in that run was by one or two goals max, we were competing in every game. People are often too quick to make a negative judgement, what happened after that under Pearson and then building on the structure he was putting in place proves that.

• Like 2

Just now, The Year Of The Fox said:

We were great in that PL season?

Never out of games. In fact the only time I remember us being spanked (just not so in the score line ) was Swansea away

I said all along we’d stay up, because we were playing decent stuff.

What was it that Wenger said after we lost at their place midweek?

Anyway, Sir Nige would have us beating Warsaw on Thursday, I know.

We had some very low moments that season. Remember the diamond experiment, 3 months without a league win twice, he was sacked after that Arsenal game for a reason and then of course reinstated. 

I think people are forgetting how bad we were in some games like Saints away, WBA at home, Stoke at home to name a few. 

NP is a legend but 6 years on nostalgia is definitely playing a part. You've forgotten the bad times. 

Edited by Stevosevic
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1