Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

Serious question would anyone take Pearson over Brendan now?

Struggled in every role since his left, at lower levels who in their right mind would go for him regardless of how much he is liked for the foundations his built with his colleagues Walsh and Shakespeare. 

The team the finances and the club has moved on. 

I watched the highlights of the Bristol City game yesterday and they said Nige said anyone that doesn't like his methods needs to go.

I think football has moved on " Woke culture" suggests you cant drop the nut on players if you disagree anymore.

Edited by HankMarvin
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Maybe it's the bottle of red wine I've had but let's see this down the King Power !! 

794279980.jpg

I loved MoN but he's nowhere near what we want. 

I actively argued against the crowd the last time he was suggested. Leave the man a memory. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hack said:

This constant questioning of Rodgers as our managers is frankly infuriating, frustrating and naïve. He is one the best managers in the game, full stop. We are lucky to have someone as capable as him. Are the team going through a tough run at the moment, yes, of course they are. But it is child like to always react in a way that says let change everything and everyone. Give them all time to sort it out nd get us back to a top 6 team. Maybe it isn't this season, but this is the same leadership that has had us in Europe the last 2 years ,and won a FA cup. Be angry and disappointed as much as you want, but be realistic about what will fi the issues we are having. Getting rid of Brendan is not the answer.

He’ll be gone in the summer anyway. If this league seasons a write off now, then where’s the sense in him staying til May?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

We had some very low moments that season. Remember the diamond experiment, 3 months without a league win twice, he was sacked after that Arsenal game for a reason and then of course reinstated. 

I think people are forgetting how bad we were in some games like Saints away, WBA at home, Stoke at home to name a few. 

NP is a legend but 6 years on nostalgia is definitely playing a part. You've forgotten the bad times. 

I genuinely haven’t. I just don’t think they were that bad. They’re not as bad as our performances this season

Just now, The Year Of The Fox said:

He’ll be gone in the summer anyway. If this league seasons a write off now, then where’s the sense in him staying til May?

He does this at every club. 

He's a great, great manager. He deserves tonnes of respect. He won us our first FA Cup. 

Sadly, his shelf life is expiring and he doesn't look too bothered about turning around. That's okay. He can go with well wishes. 

1 minute ago, Hack said:

This constant questioning of Rodgers as our managers is frankly infuriating, frustrating and naïve. He is one the best managers in the game, full stop. We are lucky to have someone as capable as him. Are the team going through a tough run at the moment, yes, of course they are. But it is child like to always react in a way that says let change everything and everyone. Give them all time to sort it out nd get us back to a top 6 team. Maybe it isn't this season, but this is the same leadership that has had us in Europe the last 2 years ,and won a FA cup. Be angry and disappointed as much as you want, but be realistic about what will fi the issues we are having. Getting rid of Brendan is not the answer.

Genuine question, if you truly believe that BR is "One of the best managers in the game" then how come, in two years he hasn't been able to sort out defensive corners? 

I know it's a small, specific part of the game  but it's been a clear issue for almost his entire time here and he hasn't once visibly tried anything different. Not once. 

So for me, that means one of two things, he doesn't see the problem, which is worrying. Doesn't know how to fix it, also worrying for "one of the best". Or isn't able to get his players to follow his instructions..... Also not great. 

1 minute ago, foxile5 said:

He does this at every club. 

He's a great, great manager. He deserves tonnes of respect. He won us our first FA Cup. 

Sadly, his shelf life is expiring and he doesn't look too bothered about turning around. That's okay. He can go with well wishes. 

Agreed. You’ve just said it better than I did 😂

2 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

They didn't get on lol

Haha yeah it’d never happen anyway. Just a bit of fan fiction is all :P

Obviously Big Nige is not a good fit now. I think if Brendan does go (i’m still hopeful he can turn this around) we need someone quite similar, who can get us back to the style of play we had when we were using the 4-1-4-1 system.

I love Nigel Pearson, and obviously he’d be objectively better than Lampard, but Sacking Brendan to bring him in would be absolutely pointless.

Nige is fantastic at giving an identity to sides that don’t have one. Recruiting players that fit his philosophy and improve his teams. I don’t think we have a major problem in that area, and Nigel’s approach doesn’t really fit with what we’ve been building for the last three or four years.

He’s also brilliant at turning toxic teams around and building strong morale. But again I don’t really think there’s a problem there. We aren’t doing well at the moment, but I don’t think that’s anything to do with the character or makeup of the squad, Vardy/Kasper/Evans are great leaders and I don’t think there’s any glaring attitude problems in the squad.

Our major problem is that our expectations are higher than our resources can support reliably. Nigel’s not the answer to that. Developing the players we can bring to the club and using the profit from them wisely is what we need to do, Rodgers has already demonstrated he can do that well with Maguire/Chilwell. In a few months time with a bit more luck and Fofana back we are going to be back on the path we have been for most of his time in charge. Replacing Brendan with a manager who is great at solving problems we don’t have is not going to help.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

We were great in that PL season?

Never out of games. In fact the only time I remember us being spanked (just not so in the score line ) was Swansea away

Never lost all season by a margin of more than two goals (if only we could say that now) 

I said all along we’d stay up, because we were playing decent stuff.

What was it that Wenger said after we lost at their place midweek?

Anyway, Sir Nige would have us beating Warsaw on Thursday, I know.

As said earlier before folk jump down my throat, I wouldn’t want him back here now. We’ve moved forward and are beyond him now. But do not let the passage of time cloud how much of a hero he is at the club and all he did for us 🦊

This but change "wouldn't" to "would".

9 hours ago, gazzaa2 said:

We may have seen it through for top 4 (which was a total capitulation) but it was already going down hill before Covid. The season never recovered from the Liverpool hammering on Boxing Day.

My thoughts exactly

4 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

People talk like we have Pearson on speed dial to come back whenever we like. We have sacked him twice. He might just tell us to Fuch off if we rang him again. Was a big fan but we have moved on as has the game. 

Big Nige has always been my favourite manager here and would have taken him back with open arms in recent years. 

But we have reached a different level under Brendan and agree wholeheartedly it would be so regressive at this stage if we have aspirations of being a regular team in Europe 

Edited by TK95

1 minute ago, TK95 said:

Big Nige has always been my favourite manager here and would have taken him back with open arms in recent years. 

But we have reached a different level under Brendan and agree wholeheartedly it would be so regressive at this stage if we have aspirations of being a regular team in Europe 

We've reached a different level under Brendan alright...

Why am I seeing Pearson's name being mentioned? He did a fantastic job here and I will always be grateful for it. However, that ship has long since sailed and he's not been successful anywhere else since. Are people really suggesting that we reappoint a man who has recently been very ill, has been sacked by a second division Belgian club and is under pressure at Bristol City who are sat in 18th place in the Championship?

• Like 1