Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

No he wasn't, He may have been an average Coach but he laid the foundations for everything that came after. That should never be forgotten.

He took no shit from players and backed them 100% even when things weren't going well the season of the great escape.

He was very good for us. 

In the top 5 Leicester in my life time.

But very average a hull, derby, OHL, Bristol and Watford. 

Overall average, just how it is 

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Also delivered some of the most iconic lines in LCFC history. 

I'd still run through brick walls for the guy and I know dozens of lads who'd do the same.

I'm running through a brick wall right now - just to prove that I'd run through a brick wall for big Nige, just so it's never in doubt!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Really think he needs to stick to a system now, turning into a jack of all trades, master of none. Quite how he thought it was a good idea to rock up 3-4-3 to match up against the best in the business at that system, really was ridiculous.

Hopefully from the new year onwards we can have a settled back 4 of Castagne, Evans, Fofana, Justin, and build from there going into next season too.

We might finish 10th-15th this season, not great but it can happen. Huge summer coming up and if players don’t want to be here, then so be it, we rebuild with a fresh new team and this time next year we will be ruffling the feathers of the top 4 again !….in my head anyway

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Big Nige has always been my favourite manager here and would have taken him back with open arms in recent years. 

But we have reached a different level under Brendan and agree wholeheartedly it would be so regressive at this stage if we have aspirations of being a regular team in Europe 

This exactly! I loved Julian Joachim, Matty Fryatt, Taggert, Claridge etc. Legends of the club but wouldn't take them in their prime with the level we are competing at now. 

• Like 1

I don't think anyone wants Brendan to leave or fail or win every match. I'd think more of him if he held his hand up and said he got his Tactics wrong or is going to fix the problems with Corners Free Kicks, Etc. 

He might be able to blame the players for their failings which he tried to do yesterday.

Where's the evidence he is an Elite Manager.  An Elite Manager would certainly see the problems we the Fans see and fix them.

That's the evidence we want to see, Not the spin he keeps churning out.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Clever Fox said:

I don't think anyone wants Brendan to leave or fail or win every match. I'd think more of him if he held his hand up and said he got his Tactics wrong or is going to fix the problems with Corners Free Kicks, Etc. 

He might be able to blame the players for their failings which he tried to do yesterday.

Where's the evidence he is an Elite Manager.  An Elite Manager would certainly see the problems we the Fans see and fix them.

I'm not why people don't get this. Managers seldom tell the truth in interviews. They will not throw their players under the bus. He's never going to outright say - yes we're shite at corners, defending and we keep passing the ball back. What he says and what they are actually trying to work on maybe two different things. Unless you go down the Seagrave or know someone there, you'll never know. 

Rodgers ain’t going to United. He’s not high profile enough. Yes they went for Ole but he was a club legend. None of their fans want him. They’d have to pay a lot in compensation. If he stays here I’d like to see him make some staff changes freshen things up abit.

3 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I can see your point. I do however think he is an elite manager but only because I believe he will get us through this bad spell. I hope I’m right there but only time will tell.

I definitely do agree that he should be a bit more honest with his post match appraisals. I’m also tired of this constant denial that things aren’t bad when they are. 

2 minutes ago, escape2victory said:

Really think he needs to stick to a system now, turning into a jack of all trades, master of none. Quite how he thought it was a good idea to rock up 3-4-3 to match up against the best in the business at that system, really was ridiculous.

Hopefully from the new year onwards we can have a settled back 4 of Castagne, Evans, Fofana, Justin, and build from there going into next season too.

We might finish 10th-15th this season, not great but it can happen. Huge summer coming up and if players don’t want to be here, then so be it, we rebuild with a fresh new team and this time next year we will be ruffling the feathers of the top 4 again !….in my head anyway

Yeah this chopping and changing is asking more questions than providing answers. It's also completely stripping certain players of their form and confidence. Iheanacho and Castagne have gone from being 2 of our best performers in 2021 to now looking bereft of all momentum and form. Vardy has also gone from being full of positivity and sharpness to now looking dishevelled. 

4-1-4-1 please and man marking set pieces, get some zip about the place again.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

For Christ sake people!!!!!! We’ve got an elite manager who is going through a bad spell and you want to replace him with Cambiasso who hasn’t managed a Sunday league side let alone a prem one? Esterban is a legend but if you seriously want this to happen then you need your head checking. The same applies to Pearson, MoN, or Lampard.

In fact, hear this - 

Any manager who we could actually appeal to would be a big or massive downgrade on what we currently have. 

Things aren’t going well but Brendan will sort it out. 

MODS, close this stupid thread please. 

you have zero evidence to back up the claim he will turn it around, he never has, he only ever lasts around 3 years and he completion of this season will be 3 and a half years, he's simply run his course with us

2 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

Rodgers ain’t going to United. He’s not high profile enough. Yes they went for Ole but he was a club legend. None of their fans want him. They’d have to pay a lot in compensation. If he stays here I’d like to see him make some staff changes freshen things up abit.

It seems too much of a coincidence to me that we had the rumours that he had verbally agreed to join them at the end of the season and now Man Utd take the strange decision to bring in an interim manager.

6 minutes ago, escape2victory said:

Yeah Brendan should go back to basics & stick to the 4-1-4-1, regardless of what injuries we have. Rebuild the squad around that system and go again.

Spurs are really going to reap the benefits of playing Conte’s 3atb week in week out and will prove how important sticking to a system/identity is.

2 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

For Christ sake people!!!!!! We’ve got an elite manager who is going through a bad spell and you want to replace him with Cambiasso who hasn’t managed a Sunday league side let alone a prem one? Esterban is a legend but if you seriously want this to happen then you need your head checking. The same applies to Pearson, MoN, Lampard or pretty much anyone because they will all be a downgrade on Rogers.

In fact, hear this - 

Any manager who we could actually appeal to would be a big or massive downgrade on what we currently have. 

Things aren’t going well but Brendan will sort it out. 

MODS, close this stupid thread please. 

I try to not call out specific posts. After all, this is a forum. The very definition of such is to voice opinion.

That said, there are a number of questionable statements within this.

An elite manager? A throw away statement at best without any clout to back it up. Whilst subjective, I’m not sure outside of Robbie Savage who throws the term around like it’s going out of fashion, is in any way applicable to Brendan.

Any manager who we could actually appeal would be a downgrade? - Give over. How can you say this with any certainty. It’s the job of the board to ensure the research is done to a fine detail to ensure we have a pool of suitable candidates to move us forward. Furthermore, let’s be frank on this - From the majority of posts within this thread have banded some horrendous suggestions around, it’s abundantly clear 99% of us (including me) haven’t a clue about the ability of potential managers outside of what is seen literally in front of them in the PL, or out of work managers. There could well be utter gems out there that aren’t household names and which are achieving great things but aren’t gaining the media coverage. Thus 99% haven’t a scooby about that.

Your argument about Cambiasso- Gerrard, Zidane, Conte, Manchini. Im sure you can work the link out. 

Your post displays contempt of others opinion. At least throw something credible back. 👍🏻

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, fox in the sox said:

It seems too much of a coincidence to me that we had the rumours that he had verbally agreed to join them at the end of the season and now Man Utd take the strange decision to bring in an interim manager.

Verbally agreed to joined them? Was that before or after Ole signed a new 3 year extension? 

1 minute ago, dylanlegend said:

Verbally agreed to joined them? Was that before or after Ole signed a new 3 year extension? 

I’ve no idea. I wouldn’t normally take any notice of rumours but they are obviously confident that they can get somebody at the end of the season who they can’t get now, otherwise I don’t think they would risk this season being a total write off under an interim manager.

6 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Well this is just it, when Liverpool had an injury crisis they still stuck to their methods. Yes they struggled with the personnel but you didn’t suddenly see mane being dropped so they could add another cb. 

Rodgers was perhaps overly cautious on too many occasions and personally I think that just sends the message to the team that they are not good enough. Or can’t win. 

Hamza was given maybe one opportunity to play the wilf role before Brendan decided he wasn’t good enough... in my opinion that’s just bad man management. Give him a real go, or you should already know he’s not good enough and let him move on. 

if we as fans know he can’t trust certain defenders to play in a 4 or without wilf then the players will feel it as well. Who knows if that’s why players like Ricardo or soyuncu look like shadows of themselves from previous seasons.

liverpool last season played 2 youth team centre backs, who in truth probably are championship standard. They looked like world beaters, part of that was because of the coach giving them that mentality. 

An elite coach will make average players great ones. Brendan isn’t that imo. 

I would say he’s mismanaged (Ricardo, soy, Hamza, mendy, Praet!, Perez , JM, nacho, possibly even kdh for not giving him a real chance when he was flying after preseason, big Dan- twice he’s tried to replace him with substandard gap fills)  

that’s a big list of players for someone who’s supposed to be the best man manager in the game 

Great post, Brendan was meant to be good at man management but seems most of the players have regressed under his positional gameplay and tactics which has confused them

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas
  • Like 3