Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

13 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah this chopping and changing is asking more questions than providing answers. It's also completely stripping certain players of their form and confidence. Iheanacho and Castagne have gone from being 2 of our best performers in 2021 to now looking bereft of all momentum and form. Vardy has also gone from being full of positivity and sharpness to now looking dishevelled. 

4-1-4-1 please and man marking set pieces, get some zip about the place again.

Exactly. He always says playing a back 4 is his preferred system, so bloody well play it then ! 
It’s typical muddled thinking of a manager not quite sure what his best system or 11 is.

Like i say, hopefully from the new year onwards we can have that settled back 4 of Castagne, Evans, Fofana, Justin and go from there. Think it’s crying out for a wide/central attacking player coming in on loan in January and lighting the place up

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ajthefox said:

I don't think the comments are quite as bad as some are making out but make no bones about it, he is certainly deflecting. I think he is quite fortunate that the media either aren't watching enough of us or are reluctant to criticism him for some reason. MOTD didn't say a word about how bad we were. Not one. Why? I know Chelsea being great is the bigger story but did they even watch the game? Its frustrating that it doesn't seem to have been picked up how consistently poor we have been. I *almost* wish the offside goals would've counted so that a bit more pressure would be on Brendan to take the blame.

Our form is terrible and it is fooking embarassing how we seem to be suffering from the same shit week in, week out. The zonal marking simply doesn't work and it is painful to watch us defend set pieces. 

I think what initially may have been a lack of personnel and trying to make do with difficult circumstances has now, unfortunately, become a chronic problem. Clearly we are lacking in confidence. We simply don't look like a team to me, its clear in the body language and the communication between the players that they are all scared. As has often been the case, the part of the game where we looked our best was before their third when we were still in it but it was getting late and there wasn't really anything to lose.

I don't really want Brendan to go and I don't see any way that he does (at least until the summer) unless we find ourselves hovering over the drop. But I have very little faith in his ability to turn this around now. I suspect we will do well enough in the league and one of the cups (once Wes and JJ are back) that the season will be considered as a down season. After that, who knows. 

....pretty much we are a thorn in the medias side, as they are waiting for us to drop, and take up our proper role...in mid table!!!

This is where they expected us to be and sooner or later, we would reach our level.

Well, we are better than that, and every time we elbow our way in and get our feet under the top table, it's one in the eye for the media pundits. They sit there waiting for us to fail, missing out on top four twice was an opportunity to get in their faces, we need to keep defying their expectations.

Only way Rodgers goes if United decide they want him! He won’t get sacked. I left at HT yesterday. there’s no grit, no passion absolutely woeful and the way we play is so boring and it does not work. We need someone who’s a bit a C**T! The players we’ve got on paper is ridiculous. It’s all

gone stale imo and a change may be needed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sankey93 said:

Only way Rodgers goes if United decide they want him! He won’t get sacked. I left at HT yesterday. there’s no grit, no passion absolutely woeful and the way we play is so boring and it does not work. We need someone who’s a bit a C**T! The players we’ve got on paper is ridiculous. It’s all

I would have left as soon as Kante scored if I was there 😂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MattFox said:

We sacked the guy that won us the title and the guy that won us the Championship.

Why do people keep saying he won’t be sacked

Yeah you right but I just think it’s because how much it would cost us to sack him ?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sankey93 said:

Wow, club are lucky to have fans like you. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

Why do I think Brendan is an elite manager? 

Several reasons -

He took Swansea in to the premier league and got them playing in a way that earned admirers from all over the game. They were the definition of pure football at times under his stewardship. 

He took Liverpool from a Europa League side to a Champions League side were it not for a slippy pitch and a miss placed foot they would have won the league under him. 

He then went to Celtic and won everything and people always undermine this achievement by stating that Celtic should win everything as they’re the best team blah blah blah, but the fact of the matter is, it’s bloody hard to win every single trophy that’s up for grabs over 3 years. It very rarely happens but he managed it. My point is further emphasised by the fact that his departure has led to Celtic now playing second fiddle to Rangers. I’m pretty sure they miss him up north. 

He then joined us and took us from mid-table and some pretty dreadful football to playing an exciting attacking brand of football finishing in the top 6 twice and winning an FA Cup. Yes things have plateaued recently and the football has been a lot less exciting. But I for one am sure it will return and we will get back to it sooner rather than later. 

And as for my opinion that we can’t won’t attract a better Manager than Brendan - it’s just my opinion after all. I don’t feel the need to defend it. 

I agree with you on that point. However, at what point does that no longer matter? I'll give you an example, very few managers have a better record in the championship than Chris Hughton. However, he had Forest bottom of the league and playing absolutely honking football so they sacked him because the situation had reached a point where the manager's reputation no longer mattered and they had to deal with what was happening there and then. If this slump continues and we find ourselves in relegation trouble the board will stop looking at what he has achieved in the past and make a decision, just like how they dealt with Ranieri. 

Edited by BenTheFox

6 minutes ago, MattFox said:

We sacked the guy that won us the title and the guy that won us the Championship.

Why do people keep saying he won’t be sacked

....the expense to the the club....!!!

That money could go to getting a manager out of his current contract or to be set aside to reinforce the team. We not have the money to throw away at this present moment.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling Error.

5 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

I can see your point. I do however think he is an elite manager but only because I believe he will get us through this bad spell. I hope I’m right there but only time will tell.

I definitely do agree that he should be a bit more honest with his post match appraisals. I’m also tired of this constant denial that things aren’t bad when they are. 

Your entitled to your opinion but theirs no evidence he's an elite Manager other than our Cup win.Forget what he done at Celtic. It hardly counts.

At Liverpool he had a pot full of Money and Coutinho and Suarez in their prime and failed to win the league.

He cost us Champions league the first top 4 season by not signing an alternative Striker in the Summer.

He refused to look at playing Vardy and Nacho together and got lucky when Vardy got injured and Nacho caught fire on the run in with his Goals.

He had from a decent position in January last season to make top four and failed, Which is when the rot started.

No, I'm sorry Spin won't do it. He needs to show that he is fixing the obvious problems and can improve the Squad by adding quality.

He needs to react quicker when things are not working and make changes when necessary, Not wait for 70 minutes to pass.

He needs to stop blowing smoke up certain players Ass. In short lay down the law if that's what it takes.

And sign some more quality players otherwise we'll lose the one's we have currently like Wilf, Youri, Barnes and Nacho.

Then I'll accept that he is moving into an Elite Manager. 

4 minutes ago, Blue-fox said:

With the greatest of respect, if the players can’t be arsed to try why should the fans stick around?😂

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Most players are not fans. They are employees. They will come and go. Fans are supposed to be loyal. So cannot compare the two. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sankey93 said:

Yeah you right but I just think it’s because how much it would cost us to sack him ?

But if things continue like this and we are being dragged into a relegation battle and the board feel as though another manager can get us out of it they will front up and sack him because the payout will cost the club a lot less than getting relegated. The club would only see that as a last resort though. If we have a run that is uninspiring but yields enough points to keep us out of trouble and on course to finish lower mid-table (say 13th or 14th) then I agree, they won't pull the trigger for the exact reason that you have mentioned. 

7 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

I agree with you on that point. However, at what point does that no longer matter? I'll give you an example, very few managers have a better record in the championship than Chris Hughton. However, he had Forest bottom of the league and playing absolutely honking football so they sacked him because the situation had reached a point where the manager's reputation no longer mattered and they had to deal with what was happening there and then. If this slump continues and we find ourselves in relegation trouble the board will stop looking at what he has achieved in the past and make a decision, just like how they dealt with Ranieri. 

Yeah I agree with you but I just don’t think we’ll end up in a relegation battle. Our squad is far too good. We’re only 4 points off 6th hence my reason for telling people to calm down. 

But yes, if we’re bottom 5 come March then I’d support us sacking BR. But that won’t happen. 

6 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Your entitled to your opinion but theirs no evidence he's an elite Manager other than our Cup win.Forget what he done at Celtic. It hardly counts.

At Liverpool he had a pot full of Money and Coutinho and Suarez in their prime and failed to win the league.

He cost us Champions league the first top 4 season by not signing an alternative Striker in the Summer.

He refused to look at playing Vardy and Nacho together and got lucky when Vardy got injured and Nacho caught fire on the run in with his Goals.

He had from a decent position in January last season to make top four and failed, Which is when the rot started.

No, I'm sorry Spin won't do it. He needs to show that he is fixing the obvious problems and can improve the Squad by adding quality.

He needs to react quicker when things are not working and make changes when necessary, Not wait for 70 minutes to pass.

He needs to stop blowing smoke up certain players Ass. In short lay down the law if that's what it takes.

And sign some more quality players otherwise we'll lose the one's we have currently like Wilf, Youri, Barnes and Nacho.

Lost me at 'Your', sorry...

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

HE COST US CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FOOTBALL?! Were it not for him we wouldn’t have been any where near top 4.

Perspective.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, hejammy said:

I'm not why people don't get this. Managers seldom tell the truth in interviews. They will not throw their players under the bus. He's never going to outright say - yes we're shite at corners, defending and we keep passing the ball back. What he says and what they are actually trying to work on maybe two different things. Unless you go down the Seagrave or know someone there, you'll never know. 

I get the point your making and I understand the reasons why Managers behave that way.

I don't need to go to Seagrave to know nothing is been done. How do I know that because nothing has changed. We've been shite and set pieces for 2 years now and conceding goals for fun from Corners.

He needs to effect change, Then we'll know he's at least trying to sort things out.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, hejammy said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Most players are not fans. They are employees. They will come and go. Fans are supposed to be loyal. So cannot compare the two. 

Define loyalty though, I personally wouldn’t boo a player but as our current form and application on the pitch suggests they aren’t giving it there best. The last few seasons you would have still thought we could get something out of it but currently not a hope in hell. Hence why I would have got up and got myself back in the pub 😂