Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Yeah also a guy who is one of our best ever managers. Also the guy who ****ing signed vardy! 

He was found wanting in the Premier League and has not repeated his success with us anywhere else, even in The Championship. Bringing him back to our club now would be an unmitigated disaster. 
You can think all this, still think he’s a legend, and be very grateful for what he did for us. They’re not binary positions. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

That literally could happen next weekend. 

Then we sack him next weekend. It becomes a insane mountiain to climb if we are in the relegation zone plus then comes the risk that the next manager cant get us out the rut.

Would be cheaper then buying a defender that can actually defend.

Edited by Fightforever

4 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

Then we sack him next weekend. It becomes a insane mountiain to climb if we are in the relegation zone plus then comes the risk that the next manager cant get us out the rut.

Would be cheaper then buying a defender that can actually defend.

The problem is that Rodgers would play him on the wing!

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

HE COST US CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FOOTBALL?! Were it not for him we wouldn’t have been any where near top 4.

Perspective.

Your conveniently forgetting the fact that's what he was brought in to do. If it wasn't for his arrogance in going with one main Striker that season he would have made it.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Pearson deserves huge appreciation for building us along with our Thai owners as we were a tin pot disgrace for the best part of a decade. 

But he's failed at pretty much every club he's managed since us and his PL record would have us demanding bodies served. We are a top 6-7 aspiring team year in, year out. Pearson is a decent manager/borderline PL manager but probably top end Championahip. Although he only has 1 promotion to his name to the PL, so even that's being generous to him because he's a legend here.

Generally agree very good championship/bottum half prem manager and complete legend at the club. But i'd suggest that he didn't fail at Watford and sacking him is what got them relegated

1 hour ago, Scotch said:

Genuine question, if you truly believe that BR is "One of the best managers in the game" then how come, in two years he hasn't been able to sort out defensive corners? 

I know it's a small, specific part of the game  but it's been a clear issue for almost his entire time here and he hasn't once visibly tried anything different. Not once. 

So for me, that means one of two things, he doesn't see the problem, which is worrying. Doesn't know how to fix it, also worrying for "one of the best". Or isn't able to get his players to follow his instructions..... Also not great. 

I am sure they are aware of the issues defending in general with particular focus on set pieces. It is the players who take the field and need to be responsible for most of the issues in positioning and marking. especially as it seems to be a constant theme and weakness. The whole coaching staff and player roster need to figure out  why this keeps happening. My concern about the way we are performing is the lack of ball management and control the team is displaying at present.  the midfield is not dominating possession and providing Vardy and the other attackers enough chances.  Maybe the new players are not melding in well with the system.  Maybe the system being tried is not working on the pitch in games as it does on the training pitch, may be selection and formation needs to be changed.  Yes the coaches need to go back to the drawing board, but doesn't deserve the rant that many on here go on that the world is coming to an end and bring back Pearson etc.  This club is one of the best managed clubs in the league from ownership to coaches. I have a lot more faith in them knowing and doing the right thing than a bunch of Footy fans who think they know better. By all means submit your opinion, but I have to say Foxes fans would have to be some of the most negative fans of all. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Izzy said:

That wasn't the point of my post.

My point is many are saying his hearts not in it/he wants a move etc. and I'm saying I think he does actually want to be here and turn it around.

Whether he can fix it or not is a different issue... 

Fair point. But I was alluding to the fact you said he liked the players etc. But he threw them under a bus yesterday with his overachieving comments. 

46 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

He took Liverpool from a Europa League side to a Champions League side were it not for a slippy pitch and a miss placed foot they would have won the league under him. 

Then after that 2nd place finish, he got them finishing 6th and got dumped out of the Europa League by Besiktas.

He also signed shit like Rickie Lambert and Mario Balotelli to replace Suarez.

Then after all that, he ended up getting sacked.

The same pattern always seems to emerge with Rodgers, he gets his teams to a certain point, have 2-3 years of decent success, then things come unstuck.

That’s why he shouldn’t be classed as an elite manager.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Hales said:

Apparently he sat down with the leadership group to convince them he is staying. What the hell has been going on if he has needed to do that. It also shows they are not happy and needed convincing!

Apologies lol

Edited by Matt_Lcfc